You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    could you imagine making the POs, matching up with the clips, and proceed to get destroyed by kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can go through a very tough january schedule and still be in the mix the chances would be good for getting the 7th/8th seed. OKC may do a lot of deals and drop off after the trade deadline, but the Blazers might eventually get healthy and get it together.

It's nice that they're in a compe ive environment and play important games all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs gotta win the OKC match ups and try to get to the 7th seed. There's a good chance for a rematch with Denver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little shimmer ahead should keep this team motivated. They might just taken a turn. GSG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep the streak alive.
    NBA history -- 23 years in a row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With his massive mileage and physical play and how he still have carry the burden and do it all at 35... curious to see how Lebron is gonna enter the PO physically (if he enters them...)

He missed a lot of games last year for the first time and is already having issues this year... Can you imagine Lakers fans finally able to trash talk spurs fans after all these years only to be upset in the first round?

C'mon, do it Karma.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh.... a sub 500 team in the playoffs doesn't really count in my opinion. Its basically Philly pre tank. Barely a play off team stuck in mediocrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With his massive mileage and physical play and how he still have carry the burden and do it all at 35... curious to see how Lebron is gonna enter the PO physically (if he enters them...)

He missed a lot of games last year for the first time and is already having issues this year... Can you imagine Lakers fans finally able to trash talk spurs fans after all these years only to be upset in the first round?

C'mon, do it Karma.
    Indeed. Even a tiny chance to upset Lebron or the snake is worth it. Better than the loser talk about forfeiting the season. As if the difference between drafting 10th or 18th is going to be that significant.

Give me compe iveness, trying to make the playoffs and games where winning matters every time.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeaaaah another 1st round exit and 15-20 pick in a draft.....ur stupid guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. The Western Conference lower half is really bad this season. Will take a playoff entry for the 23rd time this year but Spurs must think long term and not be led falsely about this team.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could you imagine making the POs, matching up with the clips, and proceed to get destroyed by kawhi?
    Sounds like you're imaging it with your pants around your ankles tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embarrassing tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't expect this to last all that long. after the next two winnable games, the upcoming stretch of games for the spurs is brutal and that's even before the rodeo road trip. unless LMA turns into a stretch 4 all of a sudden, this spurs team will continue to suffer from its major deficits which will continue to result in struggles on the road and against better teams.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m seeing all these records being broken that I honestly thought could stand the test of time. I just want San Antonio to have something that nobody else will get. 23 straight years will be one of those. Screw tanking, let’s do this!!!

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs gotta win the OKC match ups and try to get to the 7th seed. There's a good chance for a rematch with Denver

Seriously? One good game against Detroit, and you've left the Dark Side to hang out with those ankle-biting optimists?

BTW - there's a good chance that load management will keep the Clips out of the 1 seed. I'm not so sure that Denver will beat them out for the 2 seed though. How do you like the Spurs chances of getting to 6, to get that rematch?
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 12-31-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have a lottery pick, instead of one and done in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet they finish with the 6th seed.
    That's a ballsy prediction u actually think they'd pass a loaded utah? They're not even playing with Conley right now...u think spurs are better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well being in the playoff mix pretty much kills off any potential trades this season ..the chances of any major in season trades were slim to begin with but this pretty much means pop will go all in with this roster
    Don’t worry. We’ll likely go 2-7 after the GS game and possibly lose all 8 games on the RRT. That will be hard to recover from.

Now with all that said, I don’t think making or not making the playoffs has any influence on pop. Pop will always do what he wants. If you want change, you won’t see it until he retires or is forced out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay! 1st round exit in the playoffs and a middle/late round draft pick that will need 4 years to develop. Hallelujah! Let’s celebrate & preserve Pop’s legacy and not do what’s best for the organization. Once.Again. All those whispers in the NBA circles about how little front office talent remains in SA is just that. Whispers. Let’s pray Pop blesses us with 5 more years of this great sucess and harmony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay! 1st round exit in the playoffs and a middle/late round draft pick that will need 4 years to develop. Hallelujah! Let’s celebrate & preserve Pop’s legacy and not do what’s best for the organization. Once.Again. All those whispers in the NBA circles about how little front office talent remains in SA is just that. Whispers. Let’s pray Pop blesses us with 5 more years of this great sucess and harmony
    Yes! Let’s all rejoice!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lonnie continues playing and gets to where he’s playing at least 20mpg then yeah I would like playoffs. I think playoff experience is great for all the young players even if it’s in a losing effort. At least they get to see firsthand how playoff basketball is and try to improve the following year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a ballsy prediction u actually think they'd pass a loaded utah? They're not even playing with Conley right now...u think spurs are better
    I think one other team besides OKC falters a bit, most likely Houston, but maybe Dallas. Or that we just play better than them down the stretch.

I think Spurs might have finally found something and whatever it is ought to win more games than we lose going forward, even with a bit tougher schedule. I think (hope) that we start to congeal a tougher iden y and more reliable lineups and rotations. Would love to see LWIV get some consistent run.

Or I could be way off base and we finish 12th or worse if a bad injury comes to one of our key guys, or if Pop actually hasn't figured anything out with the lineup.

I think we'll see, or know soon enough, likely within next 10 games, which scenario comes to pass. If we are 6-4 or better, we will do fine, because the next 10 are pretty ing rough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously? One good game against Detroit, and you've left the Dark Side to hang out with those ankle-biting optimists?

BTW - there's a good chance that load management will keep the Clips out of the 1 seed. I'm not so sure that Denver will beat them out for the 2 seed though. How do you like the Spurs chances of getting to 6, to get that rematch?
    I never said anywhere that I want the Spurs to tank. I said before the season they should keep it going. I even said during the losing stretch that this team could still be a playoff team if the senile headcoach would play the right rotations. I troll Pop a lot, because he's considered the GOAT coach, but does a lot of dumb no other coach would do. That doesn't mean that I don't want the team to succeed. I'm very optimistic about the changed offense and think that it will have a major positive effect on the team. They are already playing better and the games they lost were close losses where they had a chance to win, besides the Clippers game. I think 7th seed is the ceiling of this squad.

Also consider this: In the last 4 weeks the Spurs have the 6th best defense in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have a lottery pick, instead of one and done in the playoffs.

Thread Information