Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes throwing Aldridge under the bus

Imagine somebody saying "now with Walker starting people can't just shoot over or drive past him , we don't have to help off his man and don't leave 3-point shooters wide open anymore. He can also get to the rim without getting blocked"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    alpha move tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m okay with LMA to take 3’s WHEN available, but he needs also to establish the paint and mix it up. What’s bad is if he falls in love with outside shot and never want to punish smaller defenders down the paint. Guards need to learn to cut and maximize the created space, especially Walker/Murray who can beat their defenders off the dribble. I hope it’s a design to play Walker more, instead of Beli.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn buying into that floor spacing hype. Its move tbh

More like LA flourishing at the three has everything to do with spurs playing Demar from driving inside or off the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is like Belinelli saying "DeRozan is now finding team mates instead of bricking midrange shots. He has been finding me. He's doing a good job"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Longest thread le ever?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thread le tl;dr tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes throwing Aldridge under the bus
    How so? Explain what you mean.

That is absolutely nothing but the most plain-vanilla cliche. Forbes repeated it like a parrot.

So what are you talking about?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You spend most of your life saying stuff like this, don't you? It's just a big ol' confusing world.

Let me ask you this: If opposing defenses have been sagging and clogging the lane... wouldn't that make things easier for Forbes, who lives out on the perimeter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You spend most of your life saying stuff like this, don't you? It's just a big ol' confusing world.

Let me ask you this: If opposing defenses have been sagging and clogging the lane... wouldn't that make things easier for Forbes, who lives out on the perimeter?
    No. Bryn's man can guard him even tighter because he knows Forbes can't drive into a clogged paint. If the defender knew he didn't have backup at the rim, he'd have to also play Forbes for the drive, and that would mean a less aggressive closeout and more time for Bryn to get a clean look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does change the team dynamic if Aldridge shoots more 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does change the team dynamic if Aldridge shoots more 3s.
    It does. If LMA, DMDR and DJM can average about 10 3PA a game and shoot in the mid-30s that goes a long way toward fixing the SL's spacing issues. It might be enough to replacing Forbes with Walker or Carroll. But it needs to be all three guys taking and making those shots. Aldridge's principle value to the offense is his post game, so the team can't afford for him to become another Gasol.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That is absolutely nothing but the most plain-vanilla cliche. Forbes repeated it like a parrot.

Lol. The dip literally said LA's style of play made it harder on everyone else in the floor.

I can't imagine being such a flawed player and thinking it's ok to criticize teammates that have accomplished more in one season than I've done in my career.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does. If LMA, DMDR and DJM can average about 10 3PA a game and shoot in the mid-30s that goes a long way toward fixing the SL's spacing issues. It might be enough to replacing Forbes with Walker or Carroll. But it needs to be all three guys taking and making those shots. Aldridge's principle value to the offense is his post game, so the team can't afford for him to become another Gasol.
    The "post game" is trash and antiquated. The Spurs would be better off if LMA stopped posting up altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus Aldridge enjoyed his night in Bizarro World, knocking down a career-best five 3-pointers on his way to 25 points and 12 rebounds.

For the first time this season, the All-Star forward scored more 3-point shots than 2-pointers (four).

“We want him to shoot those,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “He shoots 10 a game, that’s good with me.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes has the lowest FG% inside the three of any rotation player and basically is trying to blame it on LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. The dip literally said LA's style of play made it harder on everyone else in the floor.

I can't imagine being such a flawed player and thinking it's ok to criticize teammates that have accomplished more in one season than I've done in my career.
    that's exactly my point

logically, you'd think posting up LaMarcus and having DeRozan shoot 3s should be the approach, but it might just work better the other way around. LaMarcus is the better shooter between the 2 and DeRozan the better passer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "post game" is trash and antiquated. The Spurs would be better off if LMA stopped posting up altogether.
    The post-game isn't any more antiquated than other forms of iso plays. The ability to force mismatches and make teams play bigger will always have value. The issue is getting better position and making quicker decisions. Can't get the ball 20 feet from the basket and then take 12 seconds to shoot a fadeaway or make a bad pass because you didn't see the help or your teammates did not move correctly without the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's exactly my point

logically, you'd think posting up LaMarcus and having DeRozan shoot 3s should be the approach, but it might just work better the other way around. LaMarcus is the better shooter between the 2 and DeRozan the better passer
    I think you'd want the option of doing both. Aldridge shooting threes opens up driving lanes like Forbes said. But the Spurs won't be as good as they can be if they can't also just post a team up every possession to force the defense to warp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LMA suddenly turns into a 3pt shooting power forward and maintains his ability to still take it down low, he just extendededededed his career by 5 years.

He should be able to get looks out there for years in the right offensive system. Plus his defense remains above average.

Dude may have just found the way to get the Spurs out of our doldrums. This range completely changes the dynamic of the team. Now he's not going to become a 42% shooter from 3, but even if he can maintain 36-37% on 8-10 attempts per game, we look good going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes can't even crack my rotations on 2k20.. He's a bum an I've always applauded his shooting. him an DeRozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poop as designated him the LEADER OF THE TEAM

It was by Intent Design and Desire for him to take Danny Green's Place as the starting shooting guard.
    The INTENT and DESIRE was to save $$ from when they planned on Danny to opt out and get $$. Don't throw up about the spurs missing judgments on talent when they've cheapened out since the Red Mcolmes days. For all we know the plan was to run Murray and Patty. Brynn didn't become the chosen one until last year when parker, manu had left and derozan came in requiring spacing. He buffed up last year and outplayed pet mills. And there was a rumor that lonnie woudlve gotten play as a rookie before his injury. If anything it was drafting lonnie and white as SG that led to Danny getting the boot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why we need Forbes if LMA basically has to play his role? Get this scrub off this team ASAP plz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big question is "why did it take so long?" Pop saying he'd be happy with LMA shooting more threes seems so odd... his rep as a coach is he'd demand more threes from him, not gently suggest it & wait forever for it to happen. Either way, the communication & execution seems to be lacking.

Thread Information