Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Suns lose to Fakers tonight -- Spurs not only having recently moved up to an 8th seed -- will have a 3 game or more lead in the loss column on all teams below them.

Not that 8 seed is Spurs worthy by any means, but just a week or two ago, most Spur fans were feeling like our chances were slim to none to climb back into the playoff picture. Now we own three in the loss column on all 9 and below.

Who knows where we end up but clearly, a 6 or even 5 seed is feasible. As is a 13 or 14 for that matter.

Amazing how quickly things turn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bottom of the West is awful. It was only a matter of time before the numbers regress to the mean...

Still don't know how Dallas and OKC have done as well as they have, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have the 8th pick than 8th seed with this team. You gotta get up to 5th seed to have a chance at LOB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh God

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is what its pretty much been the last two seasons, a 7/8th seed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are so damn lucky that POR is massively under achieving and GS was decimated by injury

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are so damn lucky that POR is massively under achieving and GS was decimated by injury
    Massively underachieving or reverting back after years of overachieving? Bad contract after bad contract finally caught up with them. When it’s a debate between Whiteside and Melo as to who’s your third best player (and your number two is purely a scorer)...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's lucky about it? It might keep them out of the lottery in a year where they have a bad team that could really use the help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the toughest January schedule in the NBA, so that 8 seed might just be in jeopardy before the month is over...although they are playing better the last few weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massively underachieving or reverting back after years of overachieving? Bad contract after bad contract finally caught up with them. When it’s a debate between Whiteside and Melo as to who’s your third best player (and your number two is purely a scorer)...
    Yep. Nurkovic is a damn good player though. Too bad he's injured for them.

I've seen LMAget beat before but Nurko was the only player I've ever seen move LMA through physical force. He makes them a much more dangerous team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank for a better pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes... Yes! Sneak into the playoffs, get that 23rd appearance record, then get matched with either LA team for a sweeping, back-breaking loss that wakes up the inept, sleeping FO to the hard ceiling that are LMA and DD as the team's stars. Make some moves in the off-season to offload contracts, maybe take on some salary for picks, and you're set. Plenty of years left to tank... All according to the plan so far, tbh.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are 3 1/2 games out of 7th place... and 4 games out of 14th. It's a magical season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland has two starters and a key backup guy hurt...

If Collins, Nurkic, and Hood were all healthy they would be higher up in the standings...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bottom of the West is awful. It was only a matter of time before the numbers regress to the mean...

Really?? That's either bias or just a stupid take regarding Dallas.

They have the best young player in the league by far. Porzingis is absolutely brilliant in his return and Rick Carlisle is a top 3 coach basically every year. There's more to it, but that's why they're doing well

OKC, tho, is doing better than most thought.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank for a better pick.
    Yeah, because that has worked for...who?

Aside from Golden State, what other team has succeeded in a tanking strategy the last 30 years and the strategy paid dividends for a substantiated amount of time?

Second round bounces for Boston and Philly are even more laughable considering how much money they devoted to trading and signing other max-level players to get to those bounces.

If there was no lottery, I could understand the philosophy, but given the odds in the lottery and how rare a truly stacked class is in the NBA draft, tanking is for inept GMs and stupid, desperate fanbases.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its all awful. How can anyone over 12 watch the nba?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aside from Golden State, what other team has succeeded in a tanking strategy the last 30 years and the strategy paid dividends for a substantiated amount of time?

Second round bounces for Boston and Philly are even more laughable considering how much money they devoted to trading and signing other max-level players to get to those bounces.

If there was no lottery, I could understand the philosophy, but given the odds in the lottery and how rare a truly stacked class is in the NBA draft, tanking is for inept GMs and stupid, desperate fanbases.
    The Spurs

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You are absolutly right. It makes no sense to tank. I rather see a Playoff Series, even if it is a loss, than some ping pong Balls which could give the Spurs a decent enough player to work with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if the Spurs have an 3 game advantage, they have to get an over 0.500 record. Anything below that is a huge disappointment and should result into some big trades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if the Spurs have an 3 game advantage, they have to get an over 0.500 record. Anything below that is a huge disappointment and should result into some big trades
    It's really just noteworthy more than anything else, how quickly they not only jumped back into the playoffs but how quickly it became a 3+ game lead in loss column. As I mentioned, Spurs could just as easily find themselves back in the 14 spot -- in another 2 weeks.

And truthfully, the next 10 games is pretty brutal. They'll be lucky to earn a 5-5 record, and just tread water, so getting back above .500 will be a tough row to hoe, anytime soon or at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are the 2nd worst team on the road in the Western Conference (following the tanking Golden State Warriors).

Coming soon...

But someone just had to make this thread...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    January is going to be tough, OKC has won 7 of 8, back to back games verse the Bucks and then the Celtics those are the first 4 games of the new year.

Thread Information