Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUT when it comes foreign policy and the CIA they BLINDLY go along with the narrative that corporate media spews? Why?

Seriously, conservative logic indicates that government is bad. Government wants to kill us all. Government LIES.

BUT the moment Trump and the CIA do military coups on Venezuela, Bolivia, Iran, etc then all of the sudden government is good and liberal media is telling you the truth.

ducks koriwhat Spurtacular Nathan89 Chris CosmicCowboy DMC DarrinS Millennial_Messiah FrostKing SnakeBoy thispego TSA

Why the flip flop? Why the selective hearing? Is it just blind patriotism? Surely there must be some other motive behind this phenomena. I'm invoking all the conservatives on this forum to help shed some light.

And to all the liberals, I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices this trend. Maybe you guys know the answer to my question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're so lonely it breaks my heart

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when are conservatives distrustful of the government? Conservatives will tell you that you hate America if you don't unflinchingly support every war we send soldiers off to, regardless of cause. Conservatives reflexively support law enforcement even in examples of extreme misconduct. Conservatives demand the government enforce their moral and religious viewpoints.

Conservatives only claim to distrust government when they're talking about guns and taxes. They love government.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Follow the money

War for BigCorp Empire is a business, with the MIC giving $100Ms to politicians.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-03-2020 at 10:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when are conservatives distrustful of the government? Conservatives will tell you that you hate America if you don't unflinchingly support every war we send soldiers off to, regardless of cause. Conservatives reflexively support law enforcement even in examples of extreme misconduct. Conservatives demand the government enforce their moral and religious viewpoints.

Conservatives only claim to distrust government when they're talking about guns and taxes. They love government.
    Worshipping US armed forces and the police power does seem to be part of the program.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worshipping US armed forces and the police power does seem to be part of the program.
    God's most favored nation has God's own approval to up the planet, always for profit, because God needs money.

10Ms, 100M? Americans actually think if USA does something, like start wars of choice, assassinate foreign leaders, then USA's actions are ALWAYS good, above reproach, and any criticism is anti-patriotic, even treasonous.

The MIC has brainwashed America into believing (aka fact free, no evidence) that the MIC = USA, and USA = MIC, so Bombs Away! it's all good (for profits)

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On an individual basis it takes a big sacrifice to join the military. You give up a number of basic rights as a citizen and you swear to serve blindly. That is a very difficult thing imo. I don’t know if this is why conservatives back the military but someone has to do it. Same with the police to a certain extent. You are duty bound to walk into family fights in a country loaded with firearms? Who the wants to do that? You are tasked with situations that are not entirely clear. Somebody must take this job.

If we take the purest motives of people joining these organizations it’s a huge self sacrifice for the perceived good of a country. And the perceived good is really the problem. People disagree as to the individual situations these organizations are instructed to serve and act in. Yet this group of people agree to join these organizations knowing they may be tasked with something personally unsavory and that it could present kill or be killed situations that after the fact may be an event that changes everything about that person as well as others. At the purest level this could be considered noble. People make fun of captain bone spurs and still find John McCain’s personal experience in the military a noble sacrifice. Go figure.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're so lonely it breaks my heart
    Poor guy is caught in a vicious feedback loop.

But he did not mention the choo and Zionism in a post.
    There is hope.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUT when it comes foreign policy and the CIA they BLINDLY go along with the narrative that corporate media spews? Why?

Seriously, conservative logic indicates that government is bad. Government wants to kill us all. Government LIES.

BUT the moment Trump and the CIA do military coups on Venezuela, Bolivia, Iran, etc then all of the sudden government is good and liberal media is telling you the truth.

ducks koriwhat Spurtacular Nathan89 Chris CosmicCowboy DMC DarrinS Millennial_Messiah FrostKing SnakeBoy thispego TSA

Why the flip flop? Why the selective hearing? Is it just blind patriotism? Surely there must be some other motive behind this phenomena. I'm invoking all the conservatives on this forum to help shed some light.

And to all the liberals, I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices this trend. Maybe you guys know the answer to my question.

your mistake -

all those guys you mentioned are not conservatives-

they are trump cultists- period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Government giving healthcare and helping out poor people makes government bad.

Government bombing and starting wars with sovereign nations makes government good.

Conservative logic 101

Blind patriotism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ing can't stand your re ass TGY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your mistake -

all those guys you mentioned are not conservatives-

they are trump cultists- period.
    Says the loser who's literally brainwashed and in a cult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ing can't stand your re ass TGY
    Does the TRUTH touch those nerves of yours? Just embrace the truth. The truth will set you free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the TRUTH touch those nerves of yours? Just embrace the truth. The truth will set you free
    no, i seriously don't ing care! what gets on my nerves is you personally believing i do care. you're a ing loon!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY probably has a swastika tramp stamp.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Libertarians don't. But you and RandomCuck hate them the most. I think we know who loves the police state, bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Libertarians don't. But you and RandomCuck hate them the most. I think we know who loves the police state, bruh.
    You' re snowflaking because other posters sometimes say things that do not reflect well on the police. You call that hate.

Your hyperbole underscores my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Electricians have a more deadly job than police, do we exalt and mythologize them?

No.

The notion that what soldiers and policemen do is inherently more honorable than what anyone else does is bull .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You' re snowflaking because other posters sometimes say things that do not reflect well on the police. You call that hate.

Your hyperbole underscores my point.
    Garble. You hate the guys who hate the police state the most, Blakehole.

Caught clutching your pearls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garble. You hate the guys who hate the police state the most, Blakehole.

Caught clutching your pearls.
    Garbled buzzwords, another typically inchoate Spurtacular post.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazi Blakehole triggered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Electricians have a more deadly job than police, do we exalt and mythologize them?

No.

The notion that what soldiers and policemen do is inherently more honorable than what anyone else does is bull .
    I agree that the risks associated with the job doesnt make it more honorable. But, recognizing that, I will still respect someone who takes a job where the description includes possibly taking a bullet for someone else and admire the risk they take. Altruism doesnt have to play a role to respect the potential sacrifice.

I'd rather a society that idolizes those more than our society that has the collective of Hollywood and major sports, up its arse as we see today.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that the risks associated with the job doesnt make it more honorable. But, recognizing that, I will still respect someone who takes a job where the description includes possibly taking a bullet for someone else and admire the risk they take. Altruism doesnt have to play a role to respect the potential sacrifice.

I'd rather a society that idolizes those more than our society that has the collective of Hollywood and major sports, up its arse as we see today.
    Bull it doesn't. Cops want those fat pensions and the chance to crack skulls. It's a calculated risk like anything else in life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull it doesn't. Cops want those fat pensions and the chance to crack skulls. It's a calculated risk like anything else in life.
    You dont know what altruism means.

Thread Information