My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New York City Bar Association is calling on congressional leaders to launch an investigation into Attorney General William Barr, saying his public remarks threaten "public confidence in the fair and impartial administration of justice."

“These public statements by Mr. Barr also contravene the norms applicable to his office and warrant further investigation by Congress as part of an inquiry into Mr. Barr’s conduct as Attorney General more generally,” the group wrote in a six-page letter sent Wednesday to the top Democrat and Republican in each chamber.

Among the examples cited by the bar association was an October speech at the University of Notre Dame, posted on the Justice Department website, in which the attorney general said “the founding generation … believed that the Judeo-Christian moral system corresponds to the true nature of man” and that “Judeo-Christian moral standards are the ultimate utilitarian rules for human conduct.”

Other examples cited in the letter include a speech Barr gave at the Federalist Society’s National Lawyers Convention in November, when he allegedly “vilified progressives,” and an interview last month where he “rejected the inspector general’s findings, asserting instead that a separate ongoing investigation into the FBI’s actions that he personally had directed would likely reach a different conclusion.”

The Justice Department's inspector general released a report in December that found FBI agents were not motivated by political bias in opening investigations into associates of the Trump campaign in 2016. Barr later disputed some aspects of the report.

This is not the first time that the group has criticized Barr. In October, they called for Barr to recuse himself from a Justice Department review of the Trump administration's dealings with Ukraine.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...e-barr-conduct

Link to the actual letter:

http://do ents.nycbar.org/files/Ex...r_01082020.pdf

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boots posted about this

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boots posted about this
    Basically ElNono's level these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boots posted about this
    I thought it warranted it's own thread. Alberto Gonzales probably gets a run for his money by Barr... the former at least hid his BS behind the fear of terror attacks, no such thing here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it warranted it's own thread. Alberto Gonzales probably gets a run for his money by Barr... the former at least hid his BS behind the fear of terror attacks, no such thing here.
    Barr is worse because he has a functioning brain - as opposed to the re in chief.
    Barr and Moscow Mitch combined with the phenomenon that is - the Trump cult-

are a perfect storm of malevolent ery and it will take decades to undo their criminality and assault on the planet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not only Barr, but the Repug assholes / Leonard Leo who pushed for Barr, knowing full well he did the dirty work to protect the Iran-Contra criminals, including GHW Bush.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barr, however, does have certain decorum/judicial rules as part of his job description, unlike Mitch, and to some extent, the POTUS.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barr, however, does have certain decorum/judicial rules as part of his job description, unlike Mitch, and to some extent, the POTUS.
    Make, “to some extent”, to a large extent, under our current president
    Its an assault on branches of government other than the executive, which Barr has always believed was warranted.
    This particular president is perfect for Barr imo.

Cant wait to see and hear how Roberts acts during the Senate "trial" once the basic rules are established.
    Or maybe, to Robert's relief, he does not have to judge anything.
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-12-2020 at 11:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make to some extent to a large extent under our current president
    Its an assault on branches of government other than the executive, which Barr has always believed was warranted.

Cant wait to see and hear how Roberts acts during the Senate "trial" once the basic rules are established.
    wut?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make to some extent to a large extent under our current president

Well, clearly you can't disconnect the POTUS from the AG because the former nominated the latter, especially since POTUS apparently demands unsurpassed 'loyalty', even from independent agencies (see: attacks on the Fed chairman for another example).

However, POTUS is getting rightly impeached, whereas the AG hasn't felt repercussions (yet) for his actions.

This is another area where the swamp wasn't cleaned up, but actually outright supported and enlarged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, clearly you can't disconnect the POTUS from the AG because the former nominated the latter, especially since POTUS apparently demands unsurpassed 'loyalty', even from independent agencies (see: attacks on the Fed chairman for another example).

However, POTUS is getting rightly impeached, whereas the AG hasn't felt repercussions (yet) for his actions.

This is another area where the swamp wasn't cleaned up, but actually outright supported and enlarged.
    True.

But after reading about Barr and how he did not want the AG job at first, I have to believe he saw the reckless nature of this president as a conduit to making the executive branch much stronger while weakening congress. He really always wanted this apparently. It fell into his lap. But even Barr could not see how difficult some of this recklessness could become, And that it might backfire on him. Barr certainly could not see the phone call to Ukraine he was going to have to defend. Trump asked Barr to say the call broke no laws and Barr refused, but Barr still has been drawn into a thoroughly partisan adventure he did not want imo. As AD he had other easier avenues to make the executive branch stronger imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True.

But after reading about Barr and how he did not want the AG job at first, I have to believe he saw the reckless nature of this president as a conduit to making the executive branch much stronger while weakening congress. He really always wanted this apparently. It fell into his lap. But even Barr could not see how difficult some of this recklessness could become, And that it might backfire on him. Barr certainly could not see the phone call to Ukraine he was going to have to defend. Trump asked Barr to say the call broke no laws and Barr refused, but Barr still has been drawn into a thoroughly partisan adventure he did not want imo. As AD he had other easier avenues to make the executive branch stronger imo.
    I don't know about that. His speeches clearly have some choice words for the opposition. Hopefully he's the next Cohen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barr is perfect, chosen because he is illegally, unCons utionally a proponent for Christian supremacy (see Notre Dame speech), destruction of Establishment Clause, and for the kingly, untouchable Unitary Executive (only when the Exec is Repug)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True.

nope

the cover up of the mueller report is clearly partisan and illegal and no one twisted Barr’s arm - he willingly and knowingly committed this crime

when kamala harris pinned barr under oath and asked him if anyone at the white house ever asked him to open an investigation on anyone

barr weighed it carefully, tried to evade - then when the black senator squeezed him a little for an answer- he basically said “ it” and shrugged and went with the “i dont remember” tactic

the subsequent rigged investigation of the investigators confirm barr perjured himself

barr refusing to obey a lawful subpoena erased any doubt of his partisanship and his criminality

not buying this “ barr was drawn into” excuse

remember barr “auditioned” for the job with his bat crazy memo he sent to rosenstein - another piece of traitor to the rule of law

i fail to see why you instinctively seem to always give criminals the benefit of the doubt after they flaunt their crimes in your face
    Last edited by Spurs Homer; 01-13-2020 at 07:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope

the cover up of the mueller report is clearly partisan and illegal and no one twisted Barr’s arm - he willingly and knowingly committed this crime

when kamala harris pinned barr under oath and asked him if anyone at the white house ever asked him to open an investigation on anyone

barr weighed it carefully, tried to evade - then when the black senator squeezed him a little for an answer- he basically said “ it” and shrugged and went with the “i dont remember” tactic

the subsequent rigged investigation of the investigators confirm barr perjured himself

barr refusing to obey a lawful subpoena erased any doubt of his partisanship and his criminality

remember barr “auditioned” for the job with his bat crazy memo he sent to rosenstein - another piece of traitor to the rule of law

i fail to see why you instinctively seem to always give criminals the benefit of the doubt after they flaunt their crimes in your face
    The mueller ordeal is why he decided to take the job imo.
    He specifically saw this as an avenue to make the executive branch stronger.
    That is his baby.

The phone call illustrates a mess he never wanted. Making the executive branch stronger swings wildly with who is in power. Obama got stymied thru various methods by Congress and set up some plays to get around this that the red team has run with under Trump. But you would concentrate on the methods the red team used to thwart a blue team president. McConnell and Pelosi are the perfect examples of how to frustrate an executive. It’s actually supposed to work this way, but it was not intended for self preservation, it was intended for the good of the country (and clearly the teams have vastly different goals)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope

The mueller ordeal is why he decided to take the job imo.
    He specifically saw this as an avenue to make the executive branch stronger.
    That is his baby.

The phone call illustrates a mess he never wanted. Making the executive branch stronger swings wildly with who is in power. Obama got stymied thru various methods by Congress and set up some plays to get around this that the red team has run with under Trump. But you would concentrate on the methods the red team used to thwart a blue team president. McConnell and Pelosi are the perfect examples of how to frustrate an executive. It’s actually supposed to work this way, but it was not intended for self preservation, it was intended for the good of the country (and clearly the teams have vastly different goals)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about that. His speeches clearly have some choice words for the opposition. Hopefully he's the next Cohen.
    He is careful. Probably not careful enough.

Thread Information