Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offer Iran Trump and throw in Mitch for any emotional distress we may have caused...and we're even.
    Or just offer to blow them all like you're doing now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the Iraqi Parliament vote doesn't mean that the U.S. military has to leave the country immediately. It's a non-binding vote, which is seen as mostly symbolic.

The 5,000 U.S. troops are in Iraq at the invitation of the country's executive branch, the Prime Minister's officer -- not Parliament. It is up to the Iraqi Prime Minister whether the troops will be expelled.
    Who do you think Iraq's PM will side with?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you think Iraq's PM will side with?
    I think they will come up with a timeline for troop exit, about like they have now.

Exiting would be the best bet anyhow, and this way it appears to give the Iraqis some sovereignty instead of the appearance of being abandoned. It also gives the Trump administration plausible deniability for leaving Iraq. "we didn't abandon them, we were told to leave. Hey, it's a sovereign nation, they have that right".

-Trump pulls troops from Iraq like he promised
    - Gets credit for killing Soleimani
    - Skirts blame for whatever happens in Iraq afterward (at least through November).

This seems like the best case scenario for Trump, so I'd say the PM will not buck the system.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking someone just saw this guy in the airport
    not getting that he was betrayed by a confidant

checkers vs chess
    We have had many chances to get this guy.
    The timing is suspect given our affairs at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they will come up with a timeline for troop exit, about like they have now.

Exiting would be the best bet anyhow, and this way it appears to give the Iraqis some sovereignty instead of the appearance of being abandoned. It also gives the Trump administration plausible deniability for leaving Iraq. "we didn't abandon them, we were told to leave. Hey, it's a sovereign nation, they have that right".

- Skirts blame for whatever happens in Iraq afterward (at least through November).

This seems like the best case scenario for Trump, so I'd say the PM will not buck the system.
    Just like Afghanistan.
    His own party will throw a fit and we won’t leave.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like Afghanistan.
    Or another false flag attack on US ally/assets will happen preventing Trump from removing troops. Remember, everytime Trumps says he's pulling xxx troops from xxx country the opposite happens. The Zionists don't want peace in the middle east.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have had many chances to get this guy.
    The timing is suspect given our affairs at home.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1Z301Z

Pelosi maybe thinks she's crippling the POTUS by Bogarting the articles of impeachment and refusing to send to the Senate, obviously she's wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's time to bring the troops back home--war in the ME is pointless--things there won't change because they don't want change--ME muslims don't know anything else but oppression--once the US leaves Iran will jump in...fill in the gaps and rape that country for all its wealth and US influence in the region will go as the UK in the Sudan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or another false flag attack on US ally/assets will happen preventing Trump from removing troops. Remember, everytime Trumps says he's pulling xxx troops from xxx country the opposite happens. The Zionists don't want peace in the middle east.
    Then just like Hezbollah and Hamas.
    Funded by the Islamic fringe haters like yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like Afghanistan.
    At that point we'd be illegally occupying a sovereign nation.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long will DMC keep up his Baghdad Bob act?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At that point we'd be illegally occupying a sovereign nation.
    Is that like a law Trump must follow?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to bring the troops back home--war in the ME is pointless--things there won't change because they don't want change--ME muslims don't know anything else but oppression--once the US leaves Iran will jump in...fill in the gaps and rape that country for all its wealth and US influence in the region will go as the UK in the Sudan
    Iraq is basically a testing ground for new ordinance. In 10 years or less we'll be bombing them again in some capacity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1Z301Z

Pelosi maybe thinks she's crippling the POTUS by Bogarting the articles of impeachment and refusing to send to the Senate, obviously she's wrong.
    So now the game has changed?
    Not when they are sending their swift boats to take US citizens.

Really... Now the game has changed, right now.

On Thursday – the day before the attack that killed Soleimani - U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper warned that the United States might have to take preemptive action to protect American lives from expected attacks by Iran-backed militias.
    “The game has changed,” he said.

Now you’ve gone and done it....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that like a law Trump must follow?
    I have no idea. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to set up a government and then violate the sovereignty of that government. If leaving would make Iran think the death has been avenged, it could be killing two birds with one stone.

But given the strategic nature of being there, I cannot see any administration relinquishing that willingly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now the game has changed?
    Not when they are sending their swift boats to take US citizens.

Really... Now the game has changed, right now.
    There's always a moment when the game changes. When would Trump not have been under some kind of investigation during his term? Give me an example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to set up a government and then violate the sovereignty of that government. If leaving would make Iran think the death has been avenged, it could be killing two birds with one stone.

But given the strategic nature of being there, I cannot see any administration relinquishing that willingly.
    I just told you why. Discuss that with the red team who will back him on anything suspect, especially an international conflict. ‘Let’s get the Iraqis back to the table and discuss this decision still allowing the US to....’ Thanks red and some blue team members. Schumer does not want us out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was Trump under impeachment?

These things have changed:

ST Trumpettes need to spin that their Dear Leader planned all of this with muh 3D chess.

Get to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hezbolla leader instructed not to touch american covilians but americans in uniform are fair game

Iraqi resistance will not let a single US soldier stay in Iraq after the killing of the Iranian Quds force commander, Nasrallah said in a televised speech on Sunday.

The Hezbollah leader, however, warned against harming any American civilians, as such acts will only play into the hands of US President Donald Trump, adding that every US military asset and serviceman in the region is fair game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I just told you why. Discuss that with the red team who will back him on anything suspect, especially an international conflict. ‘Let’s get the Iraqis back to the table and discuss this decision still allowing the US to....’ Thanks red and some blue team members. Schumer does not want us out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC, the Iraqi parliament are the Iraqi ppl. the iraqi ppl do not want USA so USA will have to leave

will they take their sweet time? sure. but they already suspended all operations. the US has too few soldiers to sustain their presence without Iraqi guarantee of security. american generals would be madmen to force them to stay

sure american politicians are playing this off but they will have to leave no question about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always a moment when the game changes. When would Trump not have been under some kind of investigation during his term? Give me an example.
    Impeachment

Both sides now waiting and bargaining for the best time for the trial and the rules.

Its pretty simple.
    You don’t believe domestic politics has anything to do with our actions.
    I think it might.

Its not that hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on. Trump saw the images of the US embassy kerfuffle on Fox News and chose the nuclear option out of embarrassment and fear of criticism about doing nothing.

This isn't difficult to figure out. Even DMC knows he's an impulsive ball of emo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impeachment

Both sides now waiting and bargaining for the best time for the trial and the rules.

Its pretty simple.
    You don’t believe domestic politics has anything to do with our actions.
    I think it might.

Its not that hard.
    "Anything to do with" != "caused by"

Cause vs correlation. Sure the political environment in the US would have an effect on decisions made at the top. The same is true for both sides. If Obama hit this guy instead, the left would be hailing it as a victory. Let's not pretend this isn't clearly divided down party lines. Right and wrong doesn't favor party lines.

While there's a real tension about escalation with Iran, there's also a palpable fear from the left that Trump might gain in the polls due to this strike. They have to downplay it as a political move. That's a dangerous game, but we've seen these politicians have no boundaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Anything to do with" != "caused by"

Cause vs correlation. Sure the political environment in the US would have an effect on decisions made at the top. The same is true for both sides. If Obama hit this guy instead, the left would be hailing it as a victory. Let's not pretend this isn't clearly divided down party lines. Right and wrong doesn't favor party lines.
    Are you hailing this as a victory?

Thread Information