Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Damning Admission’:

Chris Hayes Calls Out Reports That Trump Linked Soleimani Airstrike to Shoring Up GOP Support Against Impeachment Trial

two recent news stories, one in the New York Times and one in the Wall Street Journal, that reported

Trump himself has privately admitted that

the idea of preventing Senate GOP defections colored his decision to attack and kill Soleimani.
    he almost started a war with Iran to shore up Republican votes in the Senate for his impeachment trial.

What a damning admission by the man himself.”

two main possibilities,” Hayes concluded.

“One is this. This was a good faith action taken by the president with the national interest in mind.

The other is that

this was done for the president’s political survival.

And you get to decide which one it is.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/damning-...achment-trial/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MSNBC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness to Trump, he showed restraint after the attacks on the Saudi oil facilities and after our surveillance droid was shot down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness to Trump, he showed restraint after the attacks on the Saudi oil facilities and after our surveillance droid was shot down.
    Iran tripped over their own s and now look like fools to the world.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iran claimed it was in their air space, and CIA probably confirmed that to Trash.

Iran showed restraint when US shot down an Iran airliner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iran claimed it was in their air space, and CIA probably confirmed that to Trash.

Iran just spent the past few days denying it was even possible for them to have shot down the passenger jet until it became impossible to continue denying it.

So you really believe Iran on that claim about the drone? US was looking to prevent commercial ships from being attacked by Iran and those ships sail in international water; seems logical to me that the drone would have been in international waters to monitor those ships.
    Last edited by DMX7; 01-11-2020 at 12:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our relationship with Canada has never been worse. There are actually people in the media there suggesting US has some blame in this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wall Street Journal accidentally reveals the unbearable truth about Soleimani’s assassination

It would be unbearable

to think the president ordered a man dead in order to give Republican Senators a means of defending him against an indictment for abuse of power and obstruction.

It would be
    unthinkable

for him to bring America to the brink of war in order to create an image of a “war president” too indispensable to remove.

. Nearly 30 paragraphs into a 2,200-word story, they said:

Mr. Trump, after the strike, told associates

he was under pressure

to deal with

Gen. Soleimani from GOP senators

he views as important supporters in his coming impeachment trial
    in the Senate,

associates said
    (my italics).

Now, these are unnamed sources. They were speaking on background. In isolation, I wouldn’t make much of this.

But in context, it matters—so much so, it warrants its own reporting, which we have not yet seen.

That context would be the absence of legitimate non-political reasons for ordering Soleimani’s death.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/the...8460&list_id=1

iow, there were no REAL reasons to assassinate Salamander, but only Trash trying to save his murderous, corrupt, fraudulent fat ass

176 people dead so Trash could obtain Repug Senators' support against impeachment.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-11-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wall Street Journal accidentally reveals the unbearable truth about Soleimani’s assassination

It would be unbearable

to think the president ordered a man dead in order to give Republican Senators a means of defending him against an indictment for abuse of power and obstruction.

It would be
    unthinkable

for him to bring America to the brink of war in order to create an image of a “war president” too indispensable to remove.

he was under pressure to deal with Gen. Soleimani from GOP senators

in the Senate,

associates said
    (my italics).

Now, these are unnamed sources. They were speaking on background. In isolation, I wouldn’t make much of this.

But in context, it matters—so much so, it warrants its own reporting, which we have not yet seen.

That context would be the absence of legitimate non-political reasons for ordering Soleimani’s death.

iow, there were no REAL reasons to assassinate Salamander, but only Trash trying to save his murderous, corrupt, fraudulent fat ass

176 people dead so Trash could obtain Repug Senators' support against impeachment.

Yup. If Trump doesn't cave in to the pressures from the war mongers and neocons around him, those 176 innocent souls would still be alive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘They have no idea what they have done’:

Terrorist groups in Africa now vowing revenge on US after Suleimani killing

Trump’s decision to eliminate Iranian general Qassim Suleimani could have far-reaching consequences

the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), a West African group of Shi’a converts formed in the wake of the Iranian revolution of 1979, has sworn vengeance against the United States for the assassination.

Suleimani was an “ardent anti-imperialist who gave the United States of America and their stooges in the region sleepless nights,” and

his mission against America would be “accomplished

by his brothers, children, and students from resistance men and mujahideen

from all the peoples of the world that reject humiliation and submission to the tyrants of this century.”

“America will pay for the killing of Soleimani,”

“They have no idea what they have done.”

Somalia’s al-Shabab group killed an American serviceman and two contractors at a military installation in Northern Kenya.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/they-have-no-idea-what-they-have-done-terrorist-groups-in-africa-now-vowing-revenge-on-us-after-suleimani-killing/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3451

But at least assassin Trash got support from Repug Senators

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep telling yourself that nancy

even Israeli media are saying Iran has shown capability to cause major damage to US and Israel

1) Iran can hit their target within 3 meter accuracy
    2) Their missiles cannot be stopped by US AA system

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump spokesman tries to defend Iran strike by attacking Obama —

and it blows up in his face

Hogan Gidley

(principal deputy press secretary to Trump) reiterated the administration’s

“imminent attacks” assertion without evidence,

but he then went on to hit back at critics by saying that

when President Barack Obama “killed” al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and Libyan dictator Moammar Gadaffi,

he did so “without congressional approval.”

the late Libyan dictator, “was not killed by the United States”

and the 2011 operation that killed bin Laden, according to Desiderio, came under the

Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF).

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trump-spokesman-tries-to-defend-iran-strike-by-attacking-obama-and-it-blows-up-in-his-face/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3451

So now Trash "likes Obama" to justify murdering Salamader?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. STRIKE ON IRANIAN COMMANDER IN YEMEN THE NIGHT OF SULEIMANI’S ASSASSINATION

KILLED THE WRONG MAN

ON THE NIGHT the U.S. assassinated Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani by drone strike,

the U.S. launched a similar operation to kill a top Iranian commander in Yemen, a U.S. official told The Intercept.

The operation was aimed at killing Abdul Reza Shahlai, the commander of the Yemen division of Iran’s elite Quds Force, near the Yemeni capital Sana’a.

Shahlai survived,

but a lower-level Quds Force operative was killed, and Shahlai went into hiding, the official said.

Shortly thereafter, Iranian state TV reportedly announced the death of a Quds Force operative named Mohammad Mirza in “one of the fields of Resistance Front.”

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/10/us-strike-abdul-reza-shahlai-yemen/?utm_source=The+Intercept+Newsletter&utm_campaign= 63cca9a438-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_11&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=0_e00a5122d3-63cca9a438-133929861

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TV PUNDITS PRAISING SULEIMANI ASSASSINATION NEGLECT TO DISCLOSE TIES TO ARMS INDUSTRY

the only domestic industry that stands to gain from increased violence.

Jack Keane, a retired Army general,

Van Hipp, chair of the lobbying firm American Defense International,

David Petraeus, the retired general

John Negroponte, a former State Department official who now serves as
    vice chair of the defense and aerospace lobbying firm

Jeh Johnson, former Homeland Security secretary in the Obama administration,

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/06/iran-suleimani-tv-pundits-weapons-industry/?utm_source=The+Intercept+Newsletter&utm_campaign= 63cca9a438-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_11&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=0_e00a5122d3-63cca9a438-133929861

and Sewer Varney / FOX was giddy about MIC stocks ing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It would be unbearable

It would be
    unthinkable

he was under pressure

to deal with

Gen. Soleimani from GOP senators

in the Senate,

associates said
    (my italics).

trump assassinates iran govt official

republican senators acquit trump

=

quid pro quo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump Murdered Qassim Suleimani

DONALD TRUMP HAS DRAGGED America into a moral abyss.

And yet Congress, the press, and the public are unwilling to admit that we are now standing in blood.

The nation is enabling a murderous demagogue, and we are all complicit.

The president of the United States has murdered a high-ranking official of a foreign government.

The assassination last week of Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani was a state-sponsored murder.

But no one in the Washington establishment seems prepared to come out and say the hard truth:

Donald Trump is a murderer.

This criminal moment has been a long time coming.

The United States has an assassination ban.

The ban was put in place following disclosures by the Church Committee in the 1970s,

which revealed that the CIA had secretly attempted to kill a series of foreign leaders, most notably Cuba’s Fidel Castro.

For the last two decades, both Republican and Democratic presidents have worked quietly to skirt the assassination ban

in order to take advantage of new aviation, missile guidance, and surveillance technologies to find and kill individuals all over the world.

To launch targeted killings without violating the assassination ban,

presidents have counted on compliant government lawyers to issue secret legal opinions that rubber-stamped their actions.

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/09/donald-trump-iran-suleimani-murder/?utm_source=The+Intercept+Newsletter&utm_campaign= 63cca9a438-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_11&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=0_e00a5122d3-63cca9a438-133929861

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 Ways Trump's Actions Against Iran Hurt the US, the Region, and the World

1. The first result of Trump’s blunders may be an increase in U.S. war deaths across the greater Middle East.

2. U.S. acts of war in Iraq have injected even more volatility and instability into an already war-torn and explosive region.

3. Trump’s attacks on Iran may actually embolden a common enemy, the Islamic State, which can take advantage of the chaos created in Iraq.

4. Iran has announced it is withdrawing from all the restrictions on enriching uranium that were part of the 2015 JCPOA nuclear agreement.

5. Trump’s blunders have destroyed what little influence the U.S. had with the Iraqi government.

6. Another inevitable consequence of Trump’s failed Iran policy is that it strengthens conservative, hard-line factions in Iran.

7. Trump’s blunders may be the last straw for U.S. friends and allies who have stuck with the U.S. through 20 years of inflammatory and destructive U.S. foreign policy.

8. U.S. actions in Iraq violate international, domestic and Iraqi law, setting the stage for a world of ever greater lawlessness.

9. Trump’s aggressive moves strengthen the weapons makers.

10. Any further escalation between the U.S. and Iran could be catastrophic for the world economy

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...m_medium=Email

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exemplifying a total lack of charm, Trash tries an Iran-insulting charm offensive!

and in Persian language!

Trump addresses the people of Iran: ‘I’ve stood with you since the beginning of my presidency’

“To the brave, long-suffering people of Iran:

I’ve stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency,

and my Administration will continue to stand with you,”

Trump claimed,

despite imposing sanctions ... have been devastating for the people of Iran.

“We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage,”

Trump said, take a far different tone than he uses for protesters in his own country.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trump-addresses-the-people-of-iran-ive-stood-with-you-since-the-beginning-of-my-presidency/

How about lots more of those CHARMING sanctions on Iran!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the Times the US Allied With Soleimani Against Common Enemies, Giving Him Air Support at Tikrit

Soleimani played a key role in helping defeat ISIL in Iraq,

where he was a de facto and

even tactical U.S. ally.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/01/11/all-times-us-allied-soleimani-against-common-enemies-giving-him-air-support-tikrit?cd-origin=rss

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many turds floating around Trash's toilet

Blackwater founder Erik Prince pushed Trump allies to assassinate Gen. Suleimani: Mueller do ents

“Erik Prince, the Blackwater-founder-turned-unofficial-2016-Trump-campaign-adviser,

advocated to the campaign years ago for the killing of Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani,

“Prince made the pitch in a memo emailed to Steve Bannon, then running the conservative website Breitbart,

who forwarded the memo to then-campaign manager Corey Lewandowski,” CNN explained.

“It’s not clear whether the message reached Trump, but

Prince’s outreach on foreign policy later got him audiences with future national security adviser Michael Flynn and Donald Trump Jr.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-pushed-trump-allies-to-assassinate-gen-suleimani-mueller-do ents/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are an incredibly stupid up, Boukaki.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump himself has privately admitted that...…..

two main possibilities,” Hayes concluded.
    1. If it is a private conversation by the POTUS who is the leaking blabber?

2. Hayes speculated, he didn't "conclude" off a huge hearsay.

But it aligns with your Trump hate so you run with it.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Boutons wrong. Again.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    So many turds floating around Trash's toilet

Blackwater founder Erik Prince pushed Trump allies to assassinate Gen. Suleimani: Mueller do ents

“Erik Prince, the Blackwater-founder-turned-unofficial-2016-Trump-campaign-adviser,

advocated to the campaign years ago for the killing of Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani,

“Prince made the pitch in a memo emailed to Steve Bannon, then running the conservative website Breitbart,

who forwarded the memo to then-campaign manager Corey Lewandowski,” CNN explained.

“It’s not clear whether the message reached Trump, but

Prince’s outreach on foreign policy later got him audiences with future national security adviser Michael Flynn and Donald Trump Jr.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-pushed-trump-allies-to-assassinate-gen-suleimani-mueller-do ents/

It's just going downhill for you. The world is a ty place now. You can end it all.

Thread Information