My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trumpers, Brandonites, Christians, Atheist

It's time we normal people rise up against all this bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have always been a devoted Christian... It saddens me to talk this way but enough is enough with the lies. I am not a sheep. Is it normal to ask questions?
    You're clearly very normal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what are you going to do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any extra-political space outside of ins utional politics from which to mount an assault against the ins utions that cons ute consensus reality?

One wonders. The weird vitalism of esoteric anarchism is barely comprehensible, apparently it can only be felt and asserted locally and spontaneously.

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/libr...munique-ndeg-0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any extra-political space outside of ins utional politics from which to mount an assault against the ins utions that cons ute consensus reality?

One wonders. The weird vitalism of esoteric anarchism is barely comprehensible, apparently it can only be felt and asserted locally and spontaneously.

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/libr...munique-ndeg-0
    Sure. Advertising has been shaping that consensus for centuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. Advertising has been shaping that consensus for centuries.
    Not sure what you mean, can you flesh that out a little bit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what you mean, can you flesh that out a little bit?
    In this case the advertising industry is an 'extra-political space from which to mount an assault against the ins utions that cons ute consensus reality.'

Industry and private individuals have been employing it for a long time. The advertising industry even has it it's own zeitgeist to fit the models need for space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this case the advertising industry is an 'extra-political space from which to mount an assault against the ins utions that cons ute consensus reality.'

Industry and private individuals have been employing it for a long time. The advertising industry even has it it's own zeitgeist to fit the models need for space.
    I can see it in the abstract, can you give me an example?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see it in the abstract, can you give me an example?
    A way advertising cons utes a consensus reality is in how generations are perceived. Essentially they divided us into age groups roughly around our growth/reproductive cycle and decided what we liked and disliked through testing and such. They named the generations starting with the baby boomers and have systemically gone on from there.

Do you not see that paradigm in consensus reality?
    Last edited by FuzzyLumpkins; 11-24-2023 at 11:50 PM. Reason: example is not exhaustive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way advertising cons utes a consensus reality is in how generations are perceived. Essentially they divided us into age groups roughly around our growth/reproductive cycle and decided what we liked and disliked through testing and such. They named the generations starting with the baby boomers and have systemically gone on from there.

Do you not see that paradigm in consensus reality?
    Not sure that building consensus around membership in market segments to sell stuff to people is extra-political. It certainly seems more cultural than political at first glance, but there is a political context for commerce without which culture would be different, if culture and commerce could exist without laws and political force. I'm not too sure they can. Without enforceability of contracts and insurance, commerce as we know it (and the advertising which teases it) would hardly exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure that building consensus around membership in market segments to sell stuff to people is extra-political. It certainly seems more cultural than political at first glance, but there is a political context for commerce without which culture would be different, if culture and commerce could exist without laws and political force. I'm not too sure they can. Without enforceability of contracts and insurance, commerce as we know it (and the advertising which teases it) would hardly exist.
    Well it of course can be used for politics as well. That is what makes it interesting. Advertising/promotion in essence is what wins political elections. Because of the transactional nature of the business Citizen's United essentially made advertising enfranchised political speech.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it of course can be used for politics as well. That is what makes it interesting. Advertising/promotion in essence is what wins political elections. Because of the transactional nature of the business Citizen's United essentially made advertising enfranchised political speech.
    While I agree that Citizens United codified money as speech, you sort of missed my point, which was that advertising presumes and promotes the political order which enables it. The consensus reality which sells iden ies and stuff to people, qua consumers, isn't apolitical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I agree that Citizens United codified money as speech, you sort of missed my point, which was that advertising presumes and promotes the political order which enables it. The consensus reality which sells iden ies and stuff to people, qua consumers, isn't apolitical.
    Not necessarily. If I have the money and want to go on my own crusade railing against the political order then I can. That is how Trump essentially took over the GOP from the outside.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not necessarily. If I have the money and want to go on my own crusade railing against the political order then I can. That is how Trump essentially took over the GOP from the outside.
    ...and from the inside when he exposed RINO's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could advertising exist without a government? Absolutely.

They are systems that influence each other but I think you have the dependencies all wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump taking over the GOP was apolitical how?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how Trump's rigged election psyop and attempted autocoup were apolitical either. Seems you've gone off the tracks here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump taking over the GOP was apolitical how?
    Trump severely changed the political order from a starting point of outside the political order. Once he ran and won he himself became political but then at that point any time you want to change politics you become political.

At the end of the day the political order changed from the Regan/Bush/Gingrich/Ailes GOP to the demagogue dog whistle. He is still using a number of extra/apolitical advertisers and promoters to get elected again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump severely changed the political order from a starting point of outside the political order. Once he ran and won he himself became political but then at that point any time you want to change politics you become political.

At the end of the day the political order changed from the Regan/Bush/Gingrich/Ailes GOP to the demagogue dog whistle. He is still using a number of extra/apolitical advertisers and promoters to get elected again.
    Sorry, running as a Republican candidate isn't anywhere outside the existing political order. Nor are the folks supporting him now extra-political.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Someone after my own heart,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, running as a Republican candidate isn't anywhere outside the existing political order. Nor are the folks supporting him now extra-political.
    Last one who tried the version you would accept was Ross Perot. Of course the 2 party system set up a risk factor in the risk/reward that significantly deters the attempt.

At the same time, there are independent congresspeople who did not start out in a party. One such example is Angus King of Maine.

Look if you want to say the 2 party system is a blight that is hard to work around I won't argue.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wine Ho, youre just as ed up as the people supporting Trump/republicans,,,,when you realize that then maybe the country has a chance,,,

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Wine Ho, youre just as ed up as the people supporting Trump/republicans,,,,when you realize that then maybe the country has a chance,,,
    The country's chances depends on what Winehole realizes?

Thread Information