Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeezus...some of these trade ideas. Wow. We really do want to suck for the next decade I guess. Unless we're getting some 1st round picks for DDR or LMA, none of these deals involving either of those two benefit the Spurs in the long run, and don't make us better in the short run. Change for the sake of change isn't always positive.

Now if someone would take Forbes, Mills and Marco...maybe for some G leaguers, a Farrah poster, and bag of Fritos...we're talking major upgrades here...major.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeezus...some of these trade ideas. Wow. We really do want to suck for the next decade I guess. Unless we're getting some 1st round picks for DDR or LMA, none of these deals involving either of those two benefit the Spurs in the long run, and don't make us better in the short run. Change for the sake of change isn't always positive.

Now if someone would take Forbes, Mills and Marco...maybe for some G leaguers, a Farrah poster, and bag of Fritos...we're talking major upgrades here...major.

Well we’ll suck for 100 years if you want me give up that much “ team culture “ a one time.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bad idea is keeping ddr and lma or lettin them go without anything in return. Do u really think that getting players like hield/bogdanovic/gordon/bamba isnt good in long term?? we have some solid young players in white murray walker and poetlt. 1st round picks arent must haves bc 1) they would probably end up in g league for 2yrs, 2) this draft is weak, 3) if we tank now probably get top pick so one is enough imo, 4) if we have to use our young guys potential we need to rebuild this team now so they can have 1-2seasons to play together and then explode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been making questionable decisions ever since kawhi demanded a trade. Almost makes you wonder what trade package they would have accepted if pop wasn't at the helm of the decision making.
    lol ever since Kawhi. You mean to tell me resigning Gasol and Mills for a combined 114 million wasn't a bad decision? The writing was on the wall before Kawhi wanted out and many here called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 days away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop won’t do anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t trust ANY moves at this point as long as Pop is still the head coach/involved. It’s pointless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adding Harrison Barnes 4 year contract would Frustrate the whole goal of “blowing it up”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has been time, IMO, since the beginning of the season to blow this up. I understand waiting and there was no harm in doing so. But after continued losses and still making up no ground on even being a .500 team? Being one spot out of the playoffs or not, there is no justification for keeping this core together. Get something for DeRozan, LMA, Rudy while you can. Especially DeRozan.

It’s over. This team is not worth keeping together any longer. They have been under .500 the majority of the season and even their “best” stretch was only .500 ball.

They are now 5 games under .500 and very likely are going to be 7-8 games under .500 by the time the trade deadline is here. There are 5 games between now and the deadline and 1-4 seems likely, but even 2-3 still has SA well under .500.

It’s. Over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We both know the Spurs will do nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are doing nothing and bringing back mostly the same team or worse next year. Deal with it, people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has been time, IMO, since the beginning of the season to blow this up. I understand waiting and there was no harm in doing so. But after continued losses and still making up no ground on even being a .500 team? Being one spot out of the playoffs or not, there is no justification for keeping this core together. Get something for DeRozan, LMA, Rudy while you can. Especially DeRozan.

It’s over. This team is not worth keeping together any longer. They have been under .500 the majority of the season and even their “best” stretch was only .500 ball.

They are now 5 games under .500 and very likely are going to be 7-8 games under .500 by the time the trade deadline is here. There are 5 games between now and the deadline and 1-4 seems likely, but even 2-3 still has SA well under .500.

It’s. Over.
    Spurs are 6 games under .500. If they lose to Utah, LAC and the LAL then they'll be 9 games under by the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 6 games under .500. If they lose to Utah, LAC and the LAL then they'll be 9 games under by the deadline.
    Good catch - I forgot to update with tonight’s loss. So it’s even worse than I described lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are doing nothing and bringing back mostly the same team or worse next year. Deal with it, people.
    This is my fear along with derozan&bryn being extended

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my fear along with derozan&bryn being extended
    If bryck will be part of the future to replace patty then Holy

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the trade deadline passes and bryn and demar are still on the team, that'll be good enough for me to finally stop paying attention to this team. There are too many entertaining players and teams in this league to waste time watching the uninspiring, mundane, joyless play of these San Antonio Spurs.

It sucks to see Tim Duncan on the sidelines, a party to this mess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this idea before but trade LMA & Demar and go get Gordon and Lavine. Throw in whatever trash you want as well, bryn, Lyles, Carroll, Beli and try to get what other assets you can in players and/or picks. Preferably picks.

Starting lineup of
    Jakob
    Gordon
    Lavine
    Lonnie
    Murray

Will be a fun team to watch and a clear path to the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give the keys to White & Murray & trade DD for a forward who's at least willing to shoot 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got threads that Murray's performance is underwhelming, so let's trade our best player and give him the keys?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got threads that Murray's performance is underwhelming, so let's trade our best player and give him the keys?
    everyone should be tradeable but i dont think any team would take a pg who cant shoot 3s nowadays sooo we are stuck for years with a guard whos a great defender but poor playmaker and shooter....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the trade deadline passes and bryn and demar are still on the team, that'll be good enough for me to finally stop paying attention to this team. There are too many entertaining players and teams in this league to waste time watching the uninspiring, mundane, joyless play of these San Antonio Spurs.

It sucks to see Tim Duncan on the sidelines, a party to this mess.
    I think the trade deadline is really one of the few things keeping fans interested in the spurs. After that comes and goes with the spurs doing nothing, a lot of fans won’t watch the games on tv or attend in person anymore. They will just occasionally check the score results online. Sad but true. Some are already doing that and I don’t blame them.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s. Over.

LOL. Good Young Skywalker - you've finally come fully over to the Dark Side. The funny thing is, all I ever called for was a 1-year tank, and clearing a couple of pieces from the roster. The biggest problem with this team is that PATFO just kept packing it full of shooting guards who couldn't shoot particularly well, and then trying to force some of them to play the point. And that turned into a forced marriage to Bryn and Beli.
    But now it's obvious that DDR will be opting out, and I don't think Aldridge stays beyond next year unless they grossly overpay him (and he'll be 35 to start next season.)

The biggest thing the Spurs need to do right now is get rid of Forbes and Marco at all costs. At all costs. At all ing costs. Then bring up Keldon and Spoon, and throw them into the deep end of the pool. The team isn't going to challenge for anything this year, we all know that. So if those guys get steamrolled, the team gets a better draft pick. Personally, I think the team gets better, if Pop handles the rotation properly. They should probably move one of the three young guys, just to relieve the logjam at the 2.

Honestly, at this point I think you have to pay DeMar. But to keep him you have GOT to commit to putting better defenders than Bryn (basically anyone) or Beli on the floor with him, and a couple of legit 3P shooters. If they won't do that, or can't do that, then there's no point in keeping DDR either. He's really goo at what he does, but without the other pieces, the team is going to lose way too many games.

And then somebody has to coach this team that will commit to playing some damn defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t trust ANY moves at this point as long as Pop is still the head coach/involved. It’s pointless.
    This

regardless of who comes in and who goes out, we all know the remaining constant will be Forbes in the starting lineup.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the trade deadline is really one of the few things keeping fans interested in the spurs. After that comes and goes with the spurs doing nothing, a lot of fans won’t watch the games on tv or attend in person anymore. They will just occasionally check the score results online. Sad but true. Some are already doing that and I don’t blame them.

There's an alternative to watching every Spurs game this season. First, record one Spurs game. Then, every game night, pay someone to give you a good solid kick in the balls. When that stops feeling bad enough, pay them to give you a second kick. And when that stops feeling bad enough, then, and only then, fire up the DVR and watch the game you recorded. Don't worry - it will feel just as bad as watching the one on live TV that night, and it will look virtually identical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando - DDR, Gay, Dedmon, Joseph , James

Sacramento - LMA,Carrol, Belinelli, Forbes,Ross, Jefferson

SA - Gordon,Fournier,Bamba,Bogdanvic,Heild, Bjelica

Ultimate Blowup

2020-2021 Spurs

Coach Popovich or Hammond

Player Age
    Fournier 27
    Gordon 24