Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's scary that you took the time to map out a 17 player trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando - DDR, Gay, Dedmon, Joseph , James

Sacramento - LMA,Carrol, Belinelli, Forbes,Ross, Jefferson

SA - Gordon,Fournier,Bamba,Bogdanvic,Heild, Bjelica

Ultimate Blowup

2020-2021 Spurs

Coach Popovich or Hammond

Player Age
    Fournier 27
    Gordon 24
    Bamba 21
    Heild 27
    Bogdanovic 27
    Poeltl 25
    White 25
    Murray 23
    Walker 21
    Mills 31
    Lyles 24
    Johnson 20
    Eubanks 22
    Metu 22
    ?????? ??

Scary in a good way or a bad way ?
    Lol. So Spurs fleece everyone? Great trade idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's scary that you took the time to map out a 17 player trade.
    ...that has zero chace of happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you really suck at this trade scenario thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...that has zero chace of happening.

"Everything was good to go, and at the last minute David Stern came back to life and vetoed the deal. I swear."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo c'mon the spurs aren't fleecing anyone. Its the spurs the ones who will be getting fleeced. We all know this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Good Young Skywalker - you've finally come fully over to the Dark Side. The funny thing is, all I ever called for was a 1-year tank, and clearing a couple of pieces from the roster. The biggest problem with this team is that PATFO just kept packing it full of shooting guards who couldn't shoot particularly well, and then trying to force some of them to play the point. And that turned into a forced marriage to Bryn and Beli.
    But now it's obvious that DDR will be opting out, and I don't think Aldridge stays beyond next year unless they grossly overpay him (and he'll be 35 to start next season.)

The biggest thing the Spurs need to do right now is get rid of Forbes and Marco at all costs. At all costs. At all ing costs. Then bring up Keldon and Spoon, and throw them into the deep end of the pool. The team isn't going to challenge for anything this year, we all know that. So if those guys get steamrolled, the team gets a better draft pick. Personally, I think the team gets better, if Pop handles the rotation properly. They should probably move one of the three young guys, just to relieve the logjam at the 2.

Honestly, at this point I think you have to pay DeMar. But to keep him you have GOT to commit to putting better defenders than Bryn (basically anyone) or Beli on the floor with him, and a couple of legit 3P shooters. If they won't do that, or can't do that, then there's no point in keeping DDR either. He's really goo at what he does, but without the other pieces, the team is going to lose way too many games.

And then somebody has to coach this team that will commit to playing some damn defense.

Lol. The fuse is lit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first, with our little mini-streak felt maybe spurs decided to ride it out. But recent slide has me thinking otherwise. 2 games behind Memphis for 8th. Looking at Feb schedule, feels like Spurs will probably win maybe 3 or 4 games in that time span.

1/29 Utah - Loss
    2/1 Cha - Win
    2/3 @LAC - Loss
    2/4 @LAL - Loss
    2/6 @Por - Win?
    2/8 sac - leaning towards loss
    2/10 @DEN - Loss
    2/11 OKC - Loss
    2/21 @UTAH - Loss
    2/23 OKC - Loss
    2/26 DAL - Loss
    2/29 ORL - Win

Things can happen... but thats a rough schedule for a team that isn't great. We have the potential to come out of Feb completly decimated in the standings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually according to Hollinger both Orlando and Sacramento increase their wins by 1 for the rest of the year and Spurs increase their losses by 4. I guess we’re not tanking but fleecing our way to the #1 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA to POR still makes a lot of sense on paper. They, with a Lillard type player, need to add talent where they can and trade is their most viable path due to their cap situation.

It puts LMA back in a comfortable place and SA can drop out of the PO race gracefully. Two separate deals:

Deal 1:

POR Gets: LMA + Beli
    SA Gets: Whiteside + Zach Collins + 1st

Deal 2:

POR Gets: Mills
    SA Gets: Ariza

So basically, we clear LMA off the books next year, Mills off the books and get rid of Beli to open up playing time. Ariza only has a small guarantee, Whiteside is an expiring and Spurs get a big man prospect and a first round pick.

POR gets their extra star power with LMA locked in for another season, gets a great back up PG and good leader and more shooting with Beli.

Reason for the 2 deals is because Ariza cannot be combined with other players in a deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dreamers

Metu for vet. Only possible move ))))). Guard I guess. ))))

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs unfortunately will probably not make any moves. The only thing I can see them doing is moving Carroll because he asked for a trade not because PATFO thinks they need to make a move. With the proper rotations this team would have 10 more wins than they have right now most likely. I’m all for a trade but just don’t see it happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA to POR still makes a lot of sense on paper. They, with a Lillard type player, need to add talent where they can and trade is their most viable path due to their cap situation.

It puts LMA back in a comfortable place and SA can drop out of the PO race gracefully. Two separate deals:

Deal 1:

Deal 2:

So basically, we clear LMA off the books next year, Mills off the books and get rid of Beli to open up playing time. Ariza only has a small guarantee, Whiteside is an expiring and Spurs get a big man prospect and a first round pick.

POR gets their extra star power with LMA locked in for another season, gets a great back up PG and good leader and more shooting with Beli.

Reason for the 2 deals is because Ariza cannot be combined with other players in a deal.

Getting rid of Beli makes me feel funny where my swimsuit goes. But isn't Collins sort of redundant with Poeltl here? I assume the plan is to just let Whiteside go. But if you're going to do that, why not just let LMA go? I guess the extra year, assuming LMA opts in? The Spurs would wind up with Top 10 draft pick big men from consecutive drafts in Collins and Poeltl.

I think the Spurs could actually ask for Gary Trent or Hezonja in the Mills/Ariza deal, since Ariza's salary is enough on its own to offset Mills', and the numbers still work after adding their salaries.

You still haven't said how the Spurs get rid of Forbes, so the funny feeling is starting to subside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of Beli makes me feel funny where my swimsuit goes. But isn't Collins sort of redundant with Poeltl here? I assume the plan is to just let Whiteside go. But if you're going to do that, why not just let LMA go? I guess the extra year, assuming LMA opts in? The Spurs would wind up with Top 10 draft pick big men from consecutive drafts in Collins and Poeltl.
    Collins is a very different sort of big man than Jakob. Just like having LMA + Jakob, you would have Collins who is a big man that can score and shoot some from 3.

LMA is fully guaranteed next year so there is no option. Zach is super cheap still on a rookie deal. Whiteside could just be bought out like you said.

Spurs need big men in their pipeline honestly and Jakob is due a raise as well.

I think the Spurs could actually ask for Gary Trent or Hezonja in the Mills/Ariza deal, since Ariza's salary is enough on its own to offset Mills', and the numbers still work after adding their salaries.

You still haven't said how the Spurs get rid of Forbes, so the funny feeling is starting to subside.
    Can’t combine any other players with Ariza in a deal, so no go on Trent/Hezonja. Getting rid of Beli/Mills means you only have one of those types of guys in Forbes. I can live with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea let's just trade the 2 best players on the team when we have 13 other guys that suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t combine any other players with Ariza in a deal, so no go on Trent/Hezonja. Getting rid of Beli/Mills means you only have one of those types of guys in Forbes. I can live with that.
    That was a brain blip about LMA. I know better than that. Still, it's a naked dump of Aldridge. I hate doing that in what promises to be a terrible FA class, but if the Spurs were really blowing it up I guess that may be for the best. (We're just talking here, right?)

I was kidding about you not accounting for Forbes' demise, but I want his dumb ass off the roster. Partly because he'll never score enough to offset his negative impact more than occasionally. And partly because I'm dreading the day that they announce they've given him a new fat contract.

I'm pretty sure what I said about adding one of Trent/Hezonja to the deal is correct, for the reason I listed. But I already made one mistake in that post so I'm not getting y about it. I'll see if I can find an article on it, but I think the rule is there to keep a team from combining a recent acquisition with another salary to make the match possible. So you can't acquire a guy just for ballast in a trade - have to wait two months. But if Ariza's salary makes the match for Forbes' (and it does), the Blazers could throw one of those guys on top. I think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Deal 1:

Deal 2:

I like that. The only thing about the second trade is if we are blowing it all the way up and trading DDR too I'd like to keep some veteran presence for the young guys. For me, I'd rather move the other little guy for a 2nd ed pick or as part of a DDR trade and keep patty for another year. I wouldn't expect to be huge players in FA this summer other than using space to facilitate deals for future assets and we could have plenty of that depending on the DDR deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad the Knicks hate us. They might be dumb enough to give us picks for our vets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a brain blip about LMA. I know better than that. Still, it's a naked dump of Aldridge. I hate doing that in what promises to be a terrible FA class, but if the Spurs were really blowing it up I guess that may be for the best. (We're just talking here, right?)
    To me, being realistic about LMA’s value, getting a former top 10 pick with a little upside and a first round pick isn’t just a dump. That’s a pretty decent return. Not amazing, but solid.

I was kidding about you not accounting for Forbes' demise, but I want his dumb ass off the roster. Partly because he'll never score enough to offset his negative impact more than occasionally. And partly because I'm dreading the day that they announce they've given him a new fat contract.

I'm pretty sure what I said about adding one of Trent/Hezonja to the deal is correct, for the reason I listed. But I already made one mistake in that post so I'm not getting y about it. I'll see if I can find an article on it, but I think the rule is there to keep a team from combining a recent acquisition with another salary to make the match possible. So you can't acquire a guy just for ballast in a trade - have to wait two months. But if Ariza's salary makes the match for Forbes' (and it does), the Blazers could throw one of those guys on top. I think.
    LOL I know you were kidding. But I am not sure your last part is correct; that would be news to me on how that is interpreted. Would honestly love to see that language/an example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that. The only thing about the second trade is if we are blowing it all the way up and trading DDR too I'd like to keep some veteran presence for the young guys. For me, I'd rather move the other little guy for a 2nd ed pick or as part of a DDR trade and keep patty for another year. I wouldn't expect to be huge players in FA this summer other than using space to facilitate deals for future assets and we could have plenty of that depending on the DDR deal.

I can see that, but it really clears the books quickly if you trade Mills. This would allow you to have options if you don’t want to tear it all the way down. You can extend DDR and rebuild with cap space, youth and picks around him for a few years. Or like you said, also move DDR (which is what I would prefer.)

I was just working through one trade at a time. DeRozan I will post next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    * eagerly awaits Chinook to rip trade to shreds *

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see that, but it really clears the books quickly if you trade Mills. This would allow you to have options if you don’t want to tear it all the way down. You can extend DDR and rebuild with cap space, youth and picks around him for a few years. Or like you said, also move DDR (which is what I would prefer.)

I was just working through one trade at a time. DeRozan I will post next.
    I like the way your thinking. I'll add, if we needed extra cap space we could easily move mills for space this summer as he enters the final year of his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the way your thinking. I'll add, if we needed extra cap space we could easily move mills for space this summer as he enters the final year of his contract.
    Sure, but if you can do it now? I would. Especially if you can still get the first round pick out of it in the other deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, being realistic about LMA’s value, getting a former top 10 pick with a little upside and a first round pick isn’t just a dump. That’s a pretty decent return. Not amazing, but solid.

LOL I know you were kidding. But I am not sure your last part is correct; that would be news to me on how that is interpreted. Would honestly love to see that language/an example.

... I nee to pay more attention to what I'm writing. I looked at the first round pick and thought "they won't do that", and wrote it off. And Collins is injured and MIGHT be back in March. It sort of reminded me of Patty's shoulder injury, and we know how long it too him to get back to anything near what he was. Still, it's your hypothetical and if you want to throw in a first, I'm all for it.

Here's the first article I ran across. I don't know who the Luke Adams is, but he agrees with me so I thin he's right.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/02/...ba-trades.html

And a bonus, since we're starting to get use to the idea of plotting next season. Start watching Spencer Jones at Stanford. He's young, but he checks a lot of boxes. Last year this time I had been watching two guys that nobody was talking about going higher than the Spurs' pick (De'Andre Hunter and Chum Okeke) plus one that people thought might go undrafted (Thybulle). I think Spencer Jones might be another one of those guys who hits a lot of radars before it's over, but the Spurs could have a pick high enough even if that happens.

Thread Information