Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel bad for you nerds spending time putting together these trade scenarios when the actual guy that can make it happen is sitting back going....

"We like what we have."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel bad for you nerds spending time putting together these trade scenarios when the actual guy that can make it happen is sitting back going....

"We like what we have."
    So they can disappoiont theirselves even more. "Sigh if only we got this guy" armchair gms gonna armchair gm tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we should trade anyone tbh. Just letting certain people walk (Forbes, Belli, DDR) would more than suffice. Next year is the time to trade when some contender is looking for Rudy Gay's services (trust me it's going to happen).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"We like what we have."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they can disappoiont theirselves even more. "Sigh if only we got this guy" armchair gms gonna armchair gm tbh
    Yeah stop hoping! Stop being a fan and wanting and having hope for more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurkic seemed more like the asset to go after than Collins. Nurkic can play with Poodle.
    In what world are the Blazers giving up their 25yo star PF who was posting 20pt double doubles before going down, for a 33yo has-been who doesn't put them in clear contention? Don't think of a trade from the Spurs' side only - we'd all like to fleece every other team. It'll probably be the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a bigger chance Load Management plays a back to back than there is us making a deadline trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs really want to start blowing it up, there might be a trade available with Atlanta:

Chandler Parsons was in a bad car wreck, and is probably done with the NBA. I feel badly for him, but he's still tradeable and he has a salary of $25M, which would offset LMA. Plus he was expiring this year, which means the Spurs would clear all that cap space next season, and not have to try and get a disabled player exception just to get part of it.

Atlanta is also holding Brooklyn's first round pick for next season. It's lottery protected (1-14), but there's a really good chance that Brooklyn claims the 8 seed in the East so the pick would convey this year. If they do miss the playoffs, they won't next season when Durant is back in action. So that's a first round pick that would actually convey, either next year or the one after.

There are a bunch of scenarios where the Spurs could get rid of Beli in the process (let's face it, Pop isn't letting Bryn go). But the base of Aldridge for Parsons+Brooklyn's 1st round pick would be a good place to start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember how fans thought Walter Berry and Alfredrick Hughes were gonna be superstars. Can you say dejavue?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember how fans thought Walter Berry and Alfredrick Hughes were gonna be superstars. Can you say dejavue?

The Blazers also picked Greg Oden, with Kevin Durant on the board. If you think the Spurs are going to do something that stupid with a first round pick, then they're just ed and nothing matters anyway.

, how can so many people keep insisting that a good first round pick is a bad thing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is wayyy better than Zach. Let’s not forget that. Unlike SA, they have a legit top 10 player and can’t afford a step back. A first and Zach is not a high price for LMA imo. It’s fair but probably slightly undervaluing LMA.

LMA is better than Love and Gallo.

Dedmon wants out and is a distraction. Kings are trying to build up. So getting rid of the distraction along with getting what is a younger better fit with Buddy/Fox in Winslow is the reason. But yeah I can see them not wanting to add a first. Depends on how they value Winslow
    Who said otherwise? And that's not how trades work. Why would they give up Collins when they don't have to? At worst, they could wait another season and sign Aldridge. At best, the Spurs trade DeRozan in the off season, Aldridge requests to be traded to the Trail Blazers and the Spurs, more concerned with doing right by him than they are what's best for their organization, acquiesce.

Even with him finally (and begrudgingly) embracing the 3, a going on 35 year old big, who can't defend "PF"s or anchor a defense anymore, is more than likely only going to fetch one decent asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s just agree to disagree. There are numerous reasons, but you obviously don’t see them nor agree. It’s not likely either; it’s just an idea.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s just agree to disagree. There are numerous reasons, but you obviously don’t see them nor agree. It’s not likely either; it’s just an idea.
    Just trying to warn against getting your hopes up. If/when they trade the "mid 3" this off season, the returns are likely to be underwhelming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 offseason is where the team is aiming for. That will be the start of a new era. As long trades don't ruin that off season, then I'll welcome a must needed trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs really want to start blowing it up, there might be a trade available with Atlanta:

Chandler Parsons was in a bad car wreck, and is probably done with the NBA. I feel badly for him, but he's still tradeable and he has a salary of $25M, which would offset LMA. Plus he was expiring this year, which means the Spurs would clear all that cap space next season, and not have to try and get a disabled player exception just to get part of it.

Atlanta is also holding Brooklyn's first round pick for next season. It's lottery protected (1-14), but there's a really good chance that Brooklyn claims the 8 seed in the East so the pick would convey this year. If they do miss the playoffs, they won't next season when Durant is back in action. So that's a first round pick that would actually convey, either next year or the one after.

There are a bunch of scenarios where the Spurs could get rid of Beli in the process (let's face it, Pop isn't letting Bryn go). But the base of Aldridge for Parsons+Brooklyn's 1st round pick would be a good place to start.

Not sure why ATL would give up the 15th pick in the draft for a year plus of Aldridge. They're trying to get better but that doesn't seem to be a good use of their assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, Blazers and Rockets need to upgrade right now or it's a waste of time and effort for each of them. I would put everyone in the trade machine except LMA, DDR, White and Jakob to save this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why ATL would give up the 15th pick in the draft for a year plus of Aldridge. They're trying to get better but that doesn't seem to be a good use of their assets.

There are a couple of reasons. First, I
    said that a deal would probably include a couple more players. Atlanta only has $33M in commitments next season. That's a great position... except when it's a weak FA class. Right now they have 8 players on their roster who have 3 or fewer years experience, not counting 2W's. Atlanta has a load of cap space, and a need for experienced players. So a package that includes, say, Patty Mills would have more value to them than some others - especially the way he's been playing lately. I can also see some good possibilities for 3 team deals.

Second, Chandler Parsons is probably done for good. Their only shot at getting some value out of him is to make a deal now. Aldridge would be a potential trade chip in the offseason or next season (especially with Portland, but also with others). And if they can't move him, he would bring a lot of things that team needs, and they can take a shot at re-signing him. The 15-16 pick in what people think is a weak draft isn't a giant prize.

My point was just that IF the Spurs do decide to blow it up, Aldridge to ATL for Parsons and a pick is a good place to start. ATL will have one of the top picks in the draft, and they're loaded with young players. The 15 pick in a weak draft isn't what they need. Aldridge and Patty would probably have more value to them than most other teams.
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 01-29-2020 at 07:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blazers also picked Greg Oden, with Kevin Durant on the board. If you think the Spurs are going to do something that stupid with a first round pick, then they're just ed and nothing matters anyway.

, how can so many people keep insisting that a good first round pick is a bad thing?
    Not sure how your comment had anything to do with what I said. Point is it will be a lonng long long time before the Spurs see the playoffs with players like these. There are other ways to get the right players. DDR and LMA are not the problem but the need a third wheel and role players that fit. These kids except for Walker do not look like they will show up day in and day out. Instead of hoping some kid may have a game someday go get the players that have a game right now. The Spurs never have been big on trades but it is the one way to turn the team around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how your comment had anything to do with what I said. Point is it will be a lonng long long time before the Spurs see the playoffs with players like these. There are other ways to get the right players. DDR and LMA are not the problem but the need a third wheel and role players that fit. These kids except for Walker do not look like they will show up day in and day out. Instead of hoping some kid may have a game someday go get the players that have a game right now. The Spurs never have been big on trades but it is the one way to turn the team around.

LOL. It has everything to do with what you said. You cited two stupid draft moves of the past and used that to justify your stupid position about the draft now.
    You even ended this dumb post by saying there is only one way to turn the team around, and that's through trades. That's what you were saying before, just own up to it. You can't have it both ways.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point was just that IF the Spurs do decide to blow it up, Aldridge to ATL for Parsons and a pick is a good place to start. ATL will have one of the top picks in the draft, and they're loaded with young players. The 15 pick in a weak draft isn't what they need. Aldridge and Patty would probably have more value to them than most other teams.
    so u r telling us that 15th pick is what spurs needs? another average young player who will be send to g league? In this draft top5 picks are valuable. If we cannot get one lets try to get smb like hield bogdanovic herro etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so u r telling us that 15th pick is what spurs needs? another average young player who will be send to g league? In this draft top5 picks are valuable. If we cannot get one lets try to get smb like hield bogdanovic herro etc
    Do you know what "blow it up" means, ?

The Spurs need cap space - they have $118M in salaries committed next year. The Hawks have a load of cap space - they have $33M in salaries committed next year. IF the Spurs were to "blow it up", one of the big goals would be getting back cap space sooner rather than later. The pick is a bonus.

Don't waste my time with weak ing takes like that.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs need cap space - they have $118M in salaries committed next year. The Hawks have a load of cap space - they have $33M in salaries committed next year. IF the Spurs were to "blow it up", one of the big goals would be getting back cap space sooner rather than later. The pick is a bonus.

why the spurs would need cap space? xd noone is coming here

ppl who run this team has the same type of thinking as u and most of ppl on this forum and thats a problem. U dont understand how to build an advantage, invest in future, use a resources and look at the environment.
    Last edited by spurspl; 01-29-2020 at 07:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs only have $85 mil on the books for next season, excluding DDR opting in (he won’t) and various cap holds. Most of the other big-ish contracts are very movable too, if they really need cap space - Gay, Patty, LMA.

Thread Information