Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. It has everything to do with what you said. You cited two stupid draft moves of the past and used that to justify your stupid position about the draft now.
    You even ended this dumb post by saying there is only one way to turn the team around, and that's through trades. That's what you were saying before, just own up to it. You can't have it both ways.
    You continue to bark up the wrong tree. Point is these young pups are no better and you are just fooling yourself to think otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what world are the Blazers giving up their 25yo star PF who was posting 20pt double doubles before going down, for a 33yo has-been who doesn't put them in clear contention? Don't think of a trade from the Spurs' side only - we'd all like to fleece every other team. It'll probably be the other way around.
    It’s called maximizing your championship window and selling your future for two years of Lillard, CJ, and LMA. It’s not a great strategy most of the time. Nurkic isn’t a future All-NBA guy, he’s above average starter. Plus he’ll be rehabbing this year and most of next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s called maximizing your championship window and selling your future for two years of Lillard, CJ, and LMA. It’s not a great strategy most of the time. Nurkic isn’t a future All-NBA guy, he’s above average starter. Plus he’ll be rehabbing this year and most of next year.
    Nurkic is a much better fit around Dame and CJ than LMA at this point could be, there's no sense to that trade. Forget about the age difference and potential, and the fact that LMA is half washed - Nurkic is a much better and more consistent defender, especially against young guards and PnR action where Aldrige gets cooked; he's a much more active rebounder and more modern scorer that doesn't need "touches" and pounding the post to score. LaMarcus does not move the needle for the current iteration of the Blazers (and seeing the trade they've made to shed luxury salary recently, they're probably punting this season anyways and looking at the draft). Just no chance of the trade going through, especially since Nurkic is a fan favorite and is rehabbing an injury, it'd be a pretty bad look to trade him now for the Blazers.

I absolutely wish it would happen though, even though we'd probably have to give up a pick or two. Nurkic would plug a lot of holes for our current roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we won't see the Spurs willing to truly commit to rebuilding until Pop steps away. The best we can probably wish for is a smaller trade that results in Forbes not starting.

Watching the Magic in Miami Monday night I could only follow Spurs on my phone, but was able to stream final few minutes. Disappointed that none of the young guys stepped up.

I can see why ORL would have interest in a player like DDR, as they really lack attacking wing. Can also see frustration in Gordon, as he kinda reminds me of DJ in the sense that decision making is a bigger issue than his shooting/offensive ability except Gordon has the experience & still hasn't improved in that capacity.

I also was reminded how underrated of a coach Spoelstra is. His willingness to trust young players and teach them while playing through their mistakes is a stark contrast from what I see in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spol didn't pull Bosh when he needed rebounding in 13. So, the difference has been stark for some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 team trade:
    Memphis gets Mills/Carroll/LAC 1st Rd Pick
    Clippers get Iggy/Poetl
    Spurs get Harrell/Harkless ($11M expiring contract)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurkic is a much better fit around Dame and CJ than LMA at this point could be, there's no sense to that trade. Forget about the age difference and potential, and the fact that LMA is half washed - Nurkic is a much better and more consistent defender, especially against young guards and PnR action where Aldrige gets cooked; he's a much more active rebounder and more modern scorer that doesn't need "touches" and pounding the post to score. LaMarcus does not move the needle for the current iteration of the Blazers (and seeing the trade they've made to shed luxury salary recently, they're probably punting this season anyways and looking at the draft). Just no chance of the trade going through, especially since Nurkic is a fan favorite and is rehabbing an injury, it'd be a pretty bad look to trade him now for the Blazers.

I absolutely wish it would happen though, even though we'd probably have to give up a pick or two. Nurkic would plug a lot of holes for our current roster.
    I will tell you that your opinion of LMA is much lower and does not match the opinion of other people around the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will tell you that your opinion of LMA is much lower and does not match the opinion of other people around the league.
    Based on the last several years, I think it's pretty clear that the #1 priority for Pop/RC/Wright in any transactions is to make sure they get the best deal for BOTH sides and not necessarily what's best for the Spurs tbh.

Gone are the days of the Kawhi trade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This franchise and organization will never, ever be back to relevance as long as Pop holds as much clout as he currently does within the FO. It's the sad truth that a lot of you really need to accept tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This franchise and organization will never, ever be back to relevance as long as Pop holds as much clout as he currently does within the FO. It's the sad truth that a lot of you really need to accept tbh.
    There is definitely some truth to that. Pop deserves and is doing what is best for him in the moment. He doesn’t want to coach a rebuild it appears. He won’t do the franchise long-term harm for this, but he certainly is not doing what he can to maximize a future he won’t be around for.

He’s being stubborn quite honestly and I get it. But man, I was hoping that with time he would see the truth and do what is best. But doesn’t look like it.

Maybe this Summer will bring forth the real change and if thats the case no big deal. Nothing has to be done at this deadline, but something has to be done before next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 team trade:
    Memphis gets Mills/Carroll/LAC 1st Rd Pick
    Clippers get Iggy/Poetl
    Spurs get Harrell/Harkless ($11M expiring contract)
    So we just give up Poeltl? Nonstarter tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree, but do you honestly think there's a trade possibility where Portland gives up 25yo Nurkic for 33yo LMA, whilst they're clearly far from contention right now, and without the Spurs giving up at least 2 picks back? Serious question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we just give up Poeltl? Nonstarter tbh.
    Objectively, who do you think is better: Harrell or Poeltl?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree, but do you honestly think there's a trade possibility where Portland gives up 25yo Nurkic for 33yo LMA, whilst they're clearly far from contention right now, and without the Spurs giving up at least 2 picks back? Serious question.
    I don’t think SA would want Nurk. I suggested Collins. But yes, they just SuperMax’d Lillard and cant risk him demanding out. They need to win now, as some franchises do, and that will come at the expense of the future.

No one saying it’s an amazing deal for POR, but in the moment LMA is far better than Nurk and he’s healthy and can help them right now. That is worth a lottery protected first and Zach or Nurk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is definitely some truth to that. Pop deserves and is doing what is best for him in the moment. He doesn’t want to coach a rebuild it appears. He won’t do the franchise long-term harm for this, but he certainly is not doing what he can to maximize a future he won’t be around for.

He’s being stubborn quite honestly and I get it. But man, I was hoping that with time he would see the truth and do what is best. But doesn’t look like it.

Maybe this Summer will bring forth the real change and if thats the case no big deal. Nothing has to be done at this deadline, but something has to be done before next season.
    Yeah, summer is your better shot. I think (hopefully) that this will be Pop's last season coaching. With the promotion of RC/Wright, I think there's also a good chance Pop steps away from FO duties as well.

Once he's no longer involved with the day to day, I think that's your best shot at real change.

Unfortunately, I think one of his last moves will be giving Bryn a fat new 4yr deal. I really, really hope I'm wrong but everything we've seen from Pop these last few years leads me to believe that he wants to make sure he gets his guy absolutely paid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think SA would want Nurk. I suggested Collins. But yes, they just SuperMax’d Lillard and cant risk him demanding out. They need to win now, as some franchises do, and that will come at the expense of the future.

No one saying it’s an amazing deal for POR, but in the moment LMA is far better than Nurk and he’s healthy and can help them right now. That is worth a lottery protected first and Zach or Nurk.
    This feels like it would require a third team in order to get done. Portland's inability to include Bazemore makes a sensible salary match difficult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This feels like it would require a third team in order to get done. Portland's inability to include Bazemore makes a sensible salary match difficult.
    Not at all. Whiteside is perfect for this straight up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. Whiteside is perfect for this straight up.
    I'd rather have Aldridge unless Whiteside came with another asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Aldridge unless Whiteside came with another asset.
    Yeah - Whiteside is simply a large expiring deal to make the math work. He’s not the asset. The asset would be a POR 1st round pick and/or Zach Collins.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on the last several years, I think it's pretty clear that the #1 priority for Pop/RC/Wright in any transactions is to make sure they get the best deal for BOTH sides and not necessarily what's best for the Spurs tbh.

Gone are the days of the Kawhi trade...
    u kiddin? they always wanna too much.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah - Whiteside is simply a large expiring deal to make the math work. He’s not the asset. The asset would be a POR 1st round pick and/or Zach Collins.
    Philosophically, I agree with you that Spurs should be aggressive in transitioning this roster away from Aldridge and DDR. So don't read this as me giving you a hard time for the sport of it. But Whiteside + and first seems too rich from Portland's perspective and Whiteside + Collins just seems meh. In short, I think a deal with Portland is harder to get done now that they've made a move with Sacramento. The Sacramento move may be read as a signal they didn't have interest in an Aldridge-like deal. But if Portland did offer Whiteside plus a first, the Spurs should look at that deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philosophically, I agree with you that Spurs should be aggressive in transitioning this roster away from Aldridge and DDR. So don't read this as me giving you a hard time for the sport of it. But Whiteside + and first seems too rich from Portland's perspective and Whiteside + Collins just seems meh. In short, I think a deal with Portland is harder to get done now that they've made a move with Sacramento. The Sacramento move may be read as a signal they didn't have interest in an Aldridge-like deal. But if Portland did offer Whiteside plus a first, the Spurs should look at that deal.
    No hard feelings at all! It’s a forum and we discuss these things. It’s all speculation and educated guessing for the most part.

There are lots of variables too. We just don’t have all the data and I see both sides

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Objectively, who do you think is better: Harrell or Poeltl?
    Definitely Poeltl. Harrell is a high energy guy but also seen is a bad to mediocre defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely Poeltl. Harrell is a high energy guy but also seen is a bad to mediocre defender.
    What about offensively? Does Harrells advanced ability to score offset that some?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about offensively? Does Harrells advanced ability to score offset that some?
    Probably. Still rather have Jakob tbh.

Thread Information