Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are correct. When the Spurs delayed giving Kawhi his contract extension, by 8 months, it was so they'd have $ to make their best bid for Aldridge, when Aldridge reached free agency. They signed Aldridge on July 9, 2015, then finally gave Kawhi his extension on July 16.
    That's why I question a lot of stuff people say on here because it seems like people like to make up stuff instead of speaking facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs commit to a full rebuild, it makes sense to sell high and DeRozan as the teams best player is the most valuable asset. Ideally you can move both DeRozan and Aldridge because it makes no sense to keep either one in that scenario.

I think regardless if pop stays or not, spurs prefer to keep one and in that case I prefer they keep DeRozan, emo chokes and all. Aldridge is clearly losing steps to father time which means it would be best to trade him before his value declines further. I don't think the spurs have a great market for Aldridge, it's a tough situation.
    Spurs won't commit to a rebuild because we can at any time, start a rebuild. Despite what people think, we have some good players, young and vets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What????? Kaweasel for Poetrl and Keldon is nothing if you want to compare it like that but the rest of what you said is almost in line with what I'm saying. I'm all for getting what we can for DD now adding whatever he brings us back to Keldon and Poetrl makes kawitter trade look a lot better assuming Keldon turns into a player. Like Gordon Ross and a 1st rounder Poetrl and Keldon (just an example) then I'd be ecstatic the sum of all parts is very nice. Add in a good return for Aldridge and we would be nicely set up.

What at I don't get is if we added players that have been mentioned in rumors for DD and LA to our existing team I don't get why people p/media/critics think we are automatically out of the playoffs adding some of those pieces to a decent core would still keep us in contention for the playoffs or worst case scenario we get into the lottery. It's a win either way cause let face it nobody expected the Spurs to win us another chip this year. What we do have on the line is the record breaking streak of playoffs for 22 years straight if we made it we break it but big picture what's more important?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't think it's either championship contention or lottery. It's just the wrong way to ever look at it that way. You need playoff experience and most importantly, playoff loses to build a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more week!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't think it's either championship contention or lottery. It's just the wrong way to ever look at it that way. You need playoff experience and most importantly, playoff loses to build a contender.
    Contention or lottery seems to be the way things are done now though. Especially if you do/don’t have a player to build around. Spurs don’t, that’s for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills isn't as much of a problem as much as he was in the past. This teams' real problem other than the obvious lms/ddr duo are Gay, Forbes, and Beli. If we could just get rid of those 3 at the deadline, this current team could benefit from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. To a certain extent. It should not be “contender” or bust. But it also should not be arbitrary “playoffs” as a goal either. You can’t always build a legit contender and that should be understood by every fan. But building a quality, solid playoff team? Yes, that should be the goal of every organization.

But just making the playoffs when it’s something over half the league gets is not a real goal if you dont have a good team or a future with your team.

If you aren’t willing to invest into your team to keep building a more winning club, you need to make changes. Having a losing record, despite the fact that it might get you the 8th seed is no ok.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won't commit to a rebuild because we can at any time, start a rebuild. Despite what people think, we have some good players, young and vets.
    we have what???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. To a certain extent. It should not be “contender” or bust. But it also should not be arbitrary “playoffs” as a goal either. You can’t always build a legit contender and that should be understood by every fan. But building a quality, solid playoff team? Yes, that should be the goal of every organization.

But just making the playoffs when it’s something over half the league gets is not a real goal if you dont have a good team or a future with your team.

If you aren’t willing to invest into your team to keep building a more winning club, you need to make changes. Having a losing record, despite the fact that it might get you the 8th seed is no ok.
    I mean Murray/Walker/KJ/Luka are all still legit prospects. Murray might take a season or two before he starts to click coming off that injury. Derrick White to an extent is to. One thing I’d consider is if I can turn Murray or White at some point into a George Hill kind of trade for a wing prospect I MIGHT do it. It’s just so early bc with Murray’s first season coming off that injury you really still don’t know what his upside is. So idk which one I’d trade. I think White went through a stretch last year though where his upside looked a lot higher than Hill’s ever was. That said, White was older coming into the league and idk how much better he’s going to get

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Murray/Walker/KJ/Luka are all still legit prospects. Murray might take a season or two before he starts to click coming off that injury. Derrick White to an extent is to. One thing I’d consider is if I can turn Murray or White at some point into a George Hill kind of trade for a wing prospect I MIGHT do it. It’s just so early bc with Murray’s first season coming off that injury you really still don’t know what his upside is. So idk which one I’d trade. I think White went through a stretch last year though where his upside looked a lot higher than Hill’s ever was. That said, White was older coming into the league and idk how much better he’s going to get
    i wouldnt be so high on djm. Did he show sth else than before an injury? Did he improve 3pt shooting or playmaking? no, not even slightly. He is and very probably will be just a decent def guard with pretty well penetrating skills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldnt be so high on djm. Did he show sth else than before an injury? Did he improve 3pt shooting or playmaking? no, not even slightly. He is and very probably will be just a decent def guard with pretty well penetrating skills
    Uh of course he has improved - his shooting percentages from everywhere are way up ( except for 3-10 feet distance ), his TS%, EFG% and assist to turnover have all increased too. If you expected him to become a volume 40% 3pt shooter then your expectations are wrong, not his improvements, which are objectively a fact.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh of course he has improved - his shooting percentages from everywhere are way up ( except for 3-10 feet distance ), his TS%, EFG% and assist to turnover have all increased too. If you expected him to become a volume 40% 3pt shooter then your expectations are wrong, not his improvements, which are objectively a fact.
    still not enough to expect him as a future star. Hes good but need to be surrounded by 3pt shooters.

spurs: otto porter/bogdanovic/barnes/markannen
    bulls: lma/beli/forbes +(pick?)
    kings: ddr/caroll/metu (+pick?)

murray/bogdanovic/otto porter/markannen/poeltl

then murray can be superefficient with two 3pt shooters and two bigs with whom he could play pickandroll/penetrate the rim etc.
    Last edited by spurspl; 01-31-2020 at 01:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible trade, once again.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tell me why sherlock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA trades, what do you think they should do. Should it be a trade to win now and sacrifice youth/picks for that? Or should it be more future oriented with getting picks where you can and young talent for LMA/DeRozan/Rudy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tell me why sherlock
    It's not horrible, just terribly unrealistic - video game number of players being exchanged for a team that loathes making ANY trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tell me why sherlock
    That you have the Spurs adding two picks while trading their best two players is all you need to know. It doesn't take a detective to see an awful deal when it's presented so cavalierly

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not horrible, just terribly unrealistic - video game number of players being exchanged for a team that loathes making ANY trade.
    there were a 3 teams trades proposals with more players included on this forum and noone said that...
    imo bulls and kings would take that deal. SA probably not bc patfo are too stupid to understand that spurs need to rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA trades, what do you think they should do. Should it be a trade to win now and sacrifice youth/picks for that? Or should it be more future oriented with getting picks where you can and young talent for LMA/DeRozan/Rudy?
    PATFO should know who they're blue-chippers are at this point. Protect those and trade the others for a legit upgrade if you can do so without overpaying. I don't consider Gay part of the core. Even in a "win-now" context, I'd strongly consider moving him for value if such a trade is possible.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That you have the Spurs adding two picks while trading their best two players is all you need to know. It doesn't take a detective to see an awful deal when it's presented so cavalierly
    these picks are optional. These two "best" players probably wont be here when their contract expires. I can sacrifice one 2020 1st pick (weak draft, u wont get anyone better) and one future 2nd pick to get lauri and bogdanovic in long term. If u play it smart u can have murray/walker/bogdanovic/markannen/poeltl for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these picks are optional. These two "best" players probably wont be here when their contract expires. I can sacrifice one 2020 1st pick (weak draft, u wont get anyone better) and one future 2nd pick to get lauri and bogdanovic in long term. If u play it smart u can have murray/walker/bogdanovic/markannen/poeltl for years.
    No, the picks aren't optional. They're stupid as . If SA is rebuilding, they have no business giving up picks. They get middle-aged players with little upside. Outside of Markannen, who isn't really all that either.

It's just ghastly, dude. They'd get better just letting guys walk and using cap space than this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't even mention that it's dumb to want a "young core" starting five. A foundation is one, two or maaaaaybe three players. Those guys have to be good, then you fill it out with role-players. There's no point in being young at every position.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, the picks aren't optional. They're stupid as . If SA is rebuilding, they have no business giving up picks. They get middle-aged players with little upside. Outside of Markannen, who isn't really all that either.

It's just ghastly, dude. They'd get better just letting guys walk and using cap space than this.
    dude 1)we wont get anyone better via this draft then these boys 2) we have enough young guys now. Dont need more of then unless its a rookie like doncic but there is noone like him in upcoming draft.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't even mention that it's dumb to want a "young core" starting five. A foundation is one, two or maaaaaybe three players. Those guys have to be good, then you fill it out with role-players. There's no point in being young at every position.
    u would still have gay, mills, barnes and bogdanovic isnt so young, hes middle aged player. Plus u can aleays add some veterans during FA which is much more easier than signing big names for the spurs.

Thread Information