Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I had a similar thought today, but Got damn was that Harris contract! That’s as untouchable as untouchable gets.

On the flip side, we’re gonna suck for a while so why not be a graveyard for a few years?
    Horford would be useful if Spurs also had a deal for Aldridge, but otherwise I'd guess they'd rather have Harris, even at his awful number.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I had a similar thought today, but Got damn was that Harris contract! That’s as untouchable as untouchable gets.

On the flip side, we’re gonna suck for a while so why not be a graveyard for a few years?
    I love the diversity of thought here...lol... some people saying Sixers would balk....some saying the harris contract is an albatross.....

I agree with you and ex.... that harris contract scares me to death. I think the Sixers would do it in a heartbeat.... I could see pop doing it too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here want a change for a sake of a change because for once our future is bleak. As Chinook said and was totally ignored, Spurs can gut and tank at any time. Currently the Spurs will have cap space in 2021, with Samanic, Johnson, Walker, White, Murray, and two more 1st round rookies. That's our future.
    Spurs are already tanking; if you don’t have a winning record you are no different than intentionally losing. Losing is losing.

The difference is, when you have a direction, you can maximize (key word, there are no guarantees) your chances at getting good again.

Spurs will have all those things you mentioned in a blow up + more. Right now what they have isn’t worth investing in which is why you are saying in 2021 they will have cap space anyways.

So you dont want extra picks so that you can have two seasons in a row of 35-38 wins? Gotcha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, it's just people infatuated with a meaningless playoff record that nobody knows who currently owns without the aid of a Google search....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, it's just people infatuated with a meaningless playoff record that nobody knows who currently owns without the aid of a Google search....

You know.

But okay, you're nobody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know.

But okay, you're nobody.
    I hope you have fun at the Spurs got swept in the 1st round parade if they miraculously make it in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heat are just torching Philly. That's a team that's likely to make a trade or two this week. It could be a small move to add a has been shooter but, they might move one of their 4 high salaried guys. It's just hard to see them standing pat..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heat are just torching Philly. That's a team that's likely to make a trade or two this week. It could be a small move to add a has been shooter but, they might move one of their 4 high salaried guys. It's just hard to see them standing pat..
    Does Philly have any decent pick assets left?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Philly have any decent pick assets left?
    I found this on RealGM-2020 first round draft pick from Oklahoma City
    Oklahoma City's 2020 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Philadelphia to Orlando) protected for selections 1-20; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2022 2nd round pick and 2023 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 11/1/2016; Orlando-Philadelphia, 6/22/2017; Orlando-Philadelphia, 2/7/2019]

2020 second round draft pick from Atlanta
    Atlanta's 2020 2nd round pick to Philadelphia protected for selections 56-60 or to Boston protected for selections 31-55 (Atlanta's obligation to Philadelphia or Boston will thereafter be extinguished) [Atlanta-Boston, 2/7/2019; Atlanta-Philadelphia, 7/7/2019]

2020 second round draft pick from Brooklyn or New York (more favorable)
    Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of Brooklyn's 2020 2nd round pick and New York's 2020 2nd round pick and Boston will receive the less favorable of the two (via Philadelphia to Orlando to Charlotte) [Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 12/11/2014; New York-Philadelphia, 6/26/2015; Orlando-Philadelphia, 6/22/2017; Charlotte-Chicago-Orlando, 7/7/2018; Boston-Charlotte, 7/6/2019]

2020 second round draft pick from Dallas
    Dallas' 2020 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [Dallas-Philadelphia, 2/23/2017]

2021 second round draft pick from Denver
    Denver's 2021 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [Denver-Philadelphia, 7/6/2018]

2021 second round draft pick from New York
    New York's 2021 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [New York-Philadelphia, 6/26/2015]

2022 second round draft pick from Toronto
    Toronto's 2022 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [Philadelphia-Toronto, 2/6/2019]

2023 second round draft pick from Atlanta, Charlotte or Brooklyn (most favorable)
    Philadelphia will receive the most favorable of Atlanta's 2023 2nd round pick, Charlotte's 2023 2nd round pick and Brooklyn's 2023 2nd round pick and Atlanta will receive the second most favorable and Brooklyn will receive the least favorable of the three (via Atlanta's right to swap Atlanta or Charlotte for Brooklyn) [Atlanta-Charlotte, 6/21/2018; Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/13/2018; Atlanta-Philadelphia, 7/7/2019]

2024 second round draft pick from Miami
    Miami's 2024 2nd round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 31-50 and 56-60 or to Philadelphia (via Cleveland to Detroit) protected for selections 31-55 (Miami's obligation to Atlanta and/or Philadelphia will thereafter be extinguished) [Cleveland-Miami, 2/8/2018; Atlanta-Miami, 6/19/2019; Cleveland-Detroit, 6/26/2019; Detroit-Philadelphia, 7/7/2019]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes/Marco/Mills/Gay/Poetl for Griffin/Kennard

With exception of Poetl we get to dump our trash, Detroit gets out of griffin’s contract and we gain two legit starters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With exception of Poetl we get to dump our trash, Detroit gets out of griffin’s contract and we gain two legit starters
    Forbes is our future. Did you not get the memo?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

that's like half the Spurs rotation players Pop would never do that, especially if it includes Mills. Mills ain't going anywhere boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is so dope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is so dope

I've lost what respect I had for Iggy after this bull . Hope the Grizz just hold on to his rights tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, if Luke can get a first round pick with his awful defense, Lonnie/White/Murray could probably fetch a lottery pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That unit will give up twice as much as they score tbh.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets don't want picks for the draft. They want picks so they can trade for Covington

It says in the article that they want to make a trade for a wing before the deadline. Why would Minny ship RoCo for a worthless pick?

Doesn't matter now anyway. The Spurs are going to get another mid-tier pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the ing Suns would be dumb enough to trade a 1st rounder for ing Luke Kennard

I hope it's lightly protected too, crofl at ing Sarver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are already tanking; if you don’t have a winning record you are no different than intentionally losing. Losing is losing.

The difference is, when you have a direction, you can maximize (key word, there are no guarantees) your chances at getting good again.

Spurs will have all those things you mentioned in a blow up + more. Right now what they have isn’t worth investing in which is why you are saying in 2021 they will have cap space anyways.

So you dont want extra picks so that you can have two seasons in a row of 35-38 wins? Gotcha.
    What LMA and DD are doing is fine. They are clearly our best players. It's pretty obvious our role players, mainly our depth is lacking. Murray injury has set him back a year. Carroll signing is a waste. Gay got a year at a year quicker. Teams must always surround youth with vets, *good vets. Teams that go full youth movement usually implode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What LMA and DD are doing is fine. They are clearly our best players. It's pretty obvious our role players, mainly our depth is lacking. Murray injury has set him back a year. Carroll signing is a waste. Gay got a year at a year quicker. Teams must always surround youth with vets, *good vets. Teams that go full youth movement usually implode.
    Ur really trying to build a championship team around LMA and DDR? good God ppl on here are dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly need shooting but they’re not taking Belli or Forbes - they have their own Belli in Korkmaz, they need someone different like Bogdanovic but don’t have the assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ur really trying to build a championship team around LMA and DDR? good God ppl on here are dumb
    We are not. But whatever the Spurs get for them in a package won't be either. So what's the point of matching salary to gain a pick?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they also thought spurs are contenders before this season

Thread Information