Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wouldn't trade la for drummond. would trade demar for him. drummond and la would compliment each other, andre could do the dirty work and la could save energy. who cares if he's opting out, still better than having demar on the roster.

spurs could use a defensive SF but i haven't seen many available...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    better than doing nothing if you're trying to be compe ive:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cheaper and/or probably a free agent next year lol

Lyles earns almost double the salary that Saric is earning. WTF are you talking about? Bunch of posters talking out of their ass not knowing anything

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any package the Spurs could cobble together to even think about getting KAT? There is all this talk that he's tired of being in Minny (and who would blame him). Aldridge, Samanic, and next year's first rounder?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Drummond so intriguing to people on here? Lol. I would rather have Blake griffin any day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Drummond so intriguing to people on here? Lol. I would rather have Blake griffin any day.
    Not at his age with his mileage/injury history on his contract.

Not Drummond, either. No deal with Pistons.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any package the Spurs could cobble together to even think about getting KAT? There is all this talk that he's tired of being in Minny (and who would blame him). Aldridge, Samanic, and next year's first rounder?
    KAT is not a winner. I know people look at his stats and see what he can do but he is not a winner. People would be complaining about him like they do DDR here in a year or 2. Good stats guy (like DDR) but not a winner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drummond would be a horrible fit with Aldridge. Even if the latter was amendable to going full B. Lopez to try to space the floor for the former's rim runs (it'd be all for naught anyway because Murray can't shoot), there's a lack of ball skills (dribble, pass, shoot) as well as defensive versatility.

And why is Towns even being debated? Even if he requests a trade (he probably gives them at least the off season first), this team doesn't have even close to the requisite centerpiece asset required to acquire a top 12 player.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    after i posted that the spurs should trade for jae crowder... he put up 27/8/7, had 3 steals and 3 blocks against the clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Philly is willing to move Horford for shooters. He'd be the perfect fit next to Aldridge, but 33 and on a 4 year deal makes me say pass. Mills, Belinelli and Carroll for Horford would work though....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAT is under contract for four more seasons, Minny would expect a huge haul. The Spurs can't "out asset" another team but if he forced his way out and wanted to come to San Antonio then this would probably be the outline of a trade:

Minny Gets:

Aldridge
    Derrick White
    DeMarre Carroll
    2020, 2022, 2024 1st rounders

Spurs Get:

Karl Anthony Towns
    Gorgui Dieng

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frontcourt isn't even that big of an issue. Priority number one should be a legitimate 3&D guy. Get Forbes the out and have DeMar, Lonnie, and new 3&D guy eat up most of the minutes at the 2/3. Sprinkle a little bit of Wombat in there at the 2. Instant darkhorse contenders, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Philly is willing to move Horford for shooters. He'd be the perfect fit next to Aldridge, but 33 and on a 4 year deal makes me say pass. Mills, Belinelli and Carroll for Horford would work though....
    Keldon (and Metu) could be full time with the main team in this scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not 2020 stuff but the Nets are gonna move on from Kyrie in 2 years. I wonder if we will be in the mix for him since we have a relationship with Marks

For this year it’s Hayward or bust for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see our interest peaked if we can find mediocre jump shooters, who play no defense, and are past their prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not 2020 stuff but the Nets are gonna move on from Kyrie in 2 years. I wonder if we will be in the mix for him since we have a relationship with Marks

For this year it’s Hayward or bust for me.
    Spurs should offer the GM position to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would also like to improve the team via trade, but so far had seen very little sensible trade. Why would anyone trade assets for players that we deem to be bad? Who is willing to part asset for half a season for DDR? Not to mention salary match and roster space. Only feasible trade for DDR and LMA is teams wanting to get rid of bad long term contracts trading for DDR to get out of their mess and we wanna pick them up so that the forum and about what a terrible job the FO had done?

The best move now is to replace Forbes with Carroll in the SL and see how the team perform.
    Saw an article the other day suggesting a trade you describe here. Trading DDR to Minnesota for Wiggins to get out of his contract. They were saying that Minnesota will probably have to trade KAT soon and they will be looking to rebuild. Getting out of Wiggins contact could be important while getting DDR helps keep fans in the seats for a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon (and Metu) could be full time with the main team in this scenario
    I'll take Keldon over Forbes and Belinelli any day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a trade that ups our ceiling this year. I agree with you that 4 years would be tough to swallow. Who is reporting this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a trade that ups our ceiling this year. I agree with you that 4 years would be tough to swallow. Who is reporting this?
    yeah and that would really get us back into being a real playoff threat.

The Sixers’ poor spacing is of particular concern, especially for Embiid. Sources say the Sixers will search the trade market for perimeter shooting threats with playmaking ability, a need that was apparent as Philadelphia went 6-of-27 from 3-point range Friday night. 16 hours ago – via Tim MacMahon @ ESPN

They are not mentioning Horford, but his fit with Embiid has been a concern and the Sixers don't really have depth. Their starting 5 is good, but they need serious bench players who are knock down shooters. Probably an unrealistic trade scenario, but who knows

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotcha...thanks for the info. Maybe if they don't put horford on the block we can find a away to extract some value from Forbes or belli and pawn one of them off on the Sixers if they're desperate....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like Derozan to Detroit, Drummond to Boston, and Hayward to San Antonio works. If y'all are still wanting to trade Derozan.
    no. That’s DDR for ing Hayward? Just say no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans should set an age lower threshold at 35. That's about the youngest decent player we'll get.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taller Jordan Clarkson? no thanks
    hes way better than clarkson and has more potential than any other our player
    Last edited by spurspl; 01-05-2020 at 10:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes way better than clarkson and has more potential than any other our player
    He's really not and he really doesn't

Thread Information