Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2031
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the point in mentioning luck since we're comparing what both FO's have done in recent years regarding managment of assets? Most of their moves lately have been pretty good and luck has had nothing to do with it.
    Luck has a ton to do with it. You think Steve Kerr was the one who decided to make the cap go up all at once and give them a once in a lifetime shot at Durant? That was luck. Pure and simple. I'm cool with giving them credit for doing the smart thing and for actually getting him, but if you don't think that was 95% good fortune I don't know what to tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is still the GOAT in my eyes. Two absolute decades of dominance. But if I don't hope he's done after this year. And for s sake, now that we can't possibly affect Marco's trade value, I don't want to see him off the bench unless he's running back to the locker room for something Lonnie forgot.
    Don Nelson has 1335 career wins. I'm afraid Pop doesn't stop until he has that record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They couldnt even do right by demmarree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing worth checking now is tankathon.com. How low can we go...
    Meh. They’ll just pick some euro trash player that was projected to go in the 2nd round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waive Forbes, move Walker into the starting lineup, and sign Jamal Crawford to come off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. They’ll just pick some euro trash player that was projected to go in the 2nd round.

Luka! Luka!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. Pop will be here next year too...at a minimum. I think there’s a good chance he coaches at least 2-3 more years
    I didn't mean this year specifically, I meant this stretch, which will probably last for 2 years or so.

These things generally don't end well, unfortunately. The Celtics needed like 20 years to recover after their historic run. The Lakers needed like 9 years to get back after Magic(and that's LA, they always have a geographical advantage) and it's been 10 years since they won a le post-Phil Jackson.

Pop is the father of this franchise, he took care of us forever, brought us les, he was a great provider. Now he has Alzheimer's and we have to tolerate these next few years until he dies(retires from basketball).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waive Forbes, move Walker into the starting lineup, and sign Jamal Crawford to come off the bench

-no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually if Spurs didn't make a trade - while frustrated, they could look at the buyout market. Again they had winning record and had luxury to stick with continuity. Spurs can't wait till March for possible buyout options this year.

I'm not even making a Buyout market thread like I usually do - I'm in full tank mode -- Again never thought I would be saying that with the roster we had.

..cg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop’s going to try for a new playoff streak once the current one ends this year.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a horrific year. Summer still the goal but to make no changes is both wrong and demoralizing

It is demoralizing. This is it. This is as good as it gets for the rest of the year.

And we all know they aren't going to let Forbes walk this summer - Pop is going to overpay him, and DeRozan will either get a max deal, or he will walk for nothing. The Spurs probably won't offer Poeltl a penny more than his QO, and he'll go somewhere for $6M like Baynesie did. Aldridge will be here next year and then leave for Portland for nothing. The future looks bright.

But, hey, there's still a chance that Beli will sign a min contract here and we'll have continuity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should buyout Bryn Forbes. Its the right thing to do to let him pursue a starting gig on a playoff team. A talent of Forbes level has no place wasting away on a lottery team.

Do the right thing Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually if Spurs didn't make a trade - while frustrated, they could look at the buyout market. Again they had winning record and had luxury to stick with continuity. Spurs can't wait till March for possible buyout options this year.

I'm not even making a Buyout market thread like I usually do - I'm in full tank mode -- Again never thought I would be saying that with the roster we had.

..cg
    Nene would be our starting 4 and Waiters would be our shooting guard if Memphis waives him)))

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually a reasonable take. I can accept this. I can't accept, however, the lengths to which people will go to claim Pop's decisions are benefiting the team. They are objectively bad. He's been bad for a while now. He had a good run, but I hope he retires after the Olympics.
    Are there still people here defending him, though? I don't think there's anybody left that thinks he's a net positive at this point

Maybe non-Spurs fans, I suppose, but I honestly never see anybody on Twitter ever talking about the Spurs either way. They're just an irrelevant team now, unfortunately. Not bad enough to be a joke, but not good enough to matter. The worst kind, the team you don't even notice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

..cg
    No one good would sign here anyway, brah.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

..cg

YES! One of the last holdouts. Embrace the Dark Side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they didn't trade away a pick or something of value.

Great that deadline day's finally over. Bonus - we'll stop getting crazy proposed trades daily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there still people here defending him, though? I don't think there's anybody left that thinks he's a net positive at this point

Maybe non-Spurs fans, I suppose, but I honestly never see anybody on Twitter ever talking about the Spurs either way.
    There are a few slurpers here and there still clinging on to the old man.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We fall for this crap every yr...if we kept the same roster, but lost Popovich as the head coach, I would have hope ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the san antonio spurs in 2020! still only three games outta 8th!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wow

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. Pop will be here next year too...at a minimum. I think there’s a good chance he coaches at least 2-3 more years
    Yeah I don't believe for one second Pop is going to end his coaching career not making the playoffs. He is going to be around at least long enough to give Forbes an extension and then let either Lonnie or White walk because well we just paid Bryn Forbes and there is only so much money to go around...

Oh and Patty is due another loyalty contract after next year...got to be sure to stick around to give him that and hug him and tell him how much he meant for these every increasing first round exits...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ people here thinking Pop will retire. He will extend Forbes and DeRozan and the big offseason aquisition will be 36 year old Paul Millsap for the MLE. Then he will run back the same roster, still starting Forbes at SG and wonder again why they can't make the playoffs. And then the same that happened today will happen again

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp. Off to the lottery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a horrific year. Summer still the goal but to make no changes is both wrong and demoralizing
    This

Thread Information