San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they had to give up an asset to get rid of Carroll or Marco...I agree to keep them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't believe what CLE got drummond for. spurs couldn't offer something just a little better? smh.
    It kind of shines the light on what they may have been offered for DeRozan, though, since both are UFAs this summer if they opt out.

Drummond is 90s ball just the same way DeMar is. He has about 25% of the value (not necessarily monetary) that he had when he signed his current deal. A big who can't put the ball in the hole from further than 3-4 feet is worse than DD's midrange limitations, and a problem for his team in today's game that values shooting over literally any other skill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    W

Peeps here called it when he went to ny
    To be somewhat fair to PATFO (though they own their share of blame for their stubbornness), I'm sure no team was dying to make any deals with us out of jealousy and spite. The sports media, particularly ESPN, has always hated our success but now there's a widespread backlash against us and enjoyment of our demise going on around the league. Sure, PATFO "like what they have" but the league and their sponsors certainly like what we have too lol. I mean, we all know what Leonard did to this team was treacherous and unethical and the media and league knows it too but they didn't really call him out on it...ONLY because it happened to the San Antonio Spurs. Had Leonard done what he did to the Lakers or any other big market team, he would've been shunned from society with a fierce media backlash from the same hypocrites that defend him now like Shannon Sharpe, Cris Carter, Stephen A. Smith, and Chris Webber.
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 02-06-2020 at 05:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant root for a team that dont try to get better. Pop was busy with his Black history speech to pay attention to trades. It's about A White man living in these times where racism still exists an our president isn't impeached.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I, as someone who has been beaten to the punch by you on those threads, agree. I do think they'll buy out Beli and maybe Carroll, but if they do, they'll replace those guys with prospects or bring up Eubanks. Actually, waiving Beli and letting Keldon stay with the big club would be all right.
    Since when has Pop been in the business of waving older players so younger players could play ?

Since when has Pop been in the business of waving guys who just signed a 3 year contract ?

So the spurs couldn't trade Beli...but they are just going to waive him so some other team can sign him and the spurs get nothing ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ownership is overseen by children now. They probably don't give much of a .
    Nah... they have too much trust in PATFO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just what we need, back2back kawhi chips
    LOB
    Mentality
    Baybee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a disgrace we couldn't trade Beli at least. Even for a two year contract. We don't know need cap space next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I know.

Ja Morant
    Dillon Brooks
    Kyle Anderson
    Jaren Jackson Jr.
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Tyus Jones
    De'Anthony Melton
    Grayson Allen
    Josh Jackson
    Justise Winslow
    Brandon Clarke
    Jordan Bell
    Gorgui Dieng
    Marko Guduric
    Dion Waiters
    Thanks, some nice pieces. And I bet it doesn't take them an entire year to become "integrated" into the system. I congratulate your team for some nice, bold moves. You have a team that should be a lot of fun to root for. Waiters is an interesting wild card, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dies Carroll's value go up ever so slightly during the offseason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when has Pop been in the business of waving older players so younger players could play ?

Since when has Pop been in the business of waving guys who just signed a 3 year contract ?

So the spurs couldn't trade Beli...but they are just going to waive him so some other team can sign him and the spurs get nothing ?
    Umm... The Spurs did this just last year. Playing young giys during the second half of the season is pretty typical Spurs stuff. Though they usually are winning enough to feel like they can afford it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be somewhat fair to PATFO (though they own their share of blame for their stubbornness), I'm sure no team was dying to make any deals with us out of jealousy and spite. The sports media, particularly ESPN, has always hated our success but now there's a widespread backlash against us and enjoyment of our demise going on around the league. Sure, PATFO "like what they have" but the league and their sponsors certainly like what we have too lol. I mean, we all know what Leonard did to this team was treacherous and unethical and the media and league knows it too but they didn't really call him out on it...ONLY because it happened to the San Antonio Spurs. Had Leonard done what he did to the Lakers or any other big market team, he would've been shunned from society with a fierce media backlash from the same hypocrites like Shannon Sharpe, Cris Carter, Stephen A. Smith, and Chris Webber now.
    "Serious backlash" will happen when the media scrutinizes the Old Asshole's recent years with the same critical eye it does other coaches in the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm... The Spurs did this just last year. Playing young giys during the second half of the season is pretty typical Spurs stuff. Though they usually are winning enough to feel like they can afford it.
    Who were the young guys last year that played in the second half of the season but not the first ?

And who were the old guys who got their minutes reduced ?

Cause the only person I remember was Pau...but that was only after Pop spent a few weeks trying to force him into the lineup and Pau was to washed to even consistently run up and down the court...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By not unloading anyone and improving we may have earned a higher lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt. I think we could get as low as 5 or 6. It will be very interesting to see what kind of energy the team has when it takes the floor tonight.

Your moniker perfectly captures the feel of ST right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I dont know it all depends on how this trip finishes for sure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be somewhat fair to PATFO (though they own their share of blame for their stubbornness), I'm sure no team was dying to make any deals with us out of jealousy and spite. The sports media, particularly ESPN, has always hated our success but now there's a widespread backlash against us and enjoyment of our demise going on around the league. Sure, PATFO "like what they have" but the league and their sponsors certainly like what we have too lol. I mean, we all know what Leonard did to this team was treacherous and unethical and the media and league knows it too but they didn't really call him out on it...ONLY because it happened to the San Antonio Spurs. Had Leonard done what he did to the Lakers or any other big market team, he would've been shunned from society with a fierce media backlash from the same hypocrites like Shannon Sharpe, Cris Carter, Stephen A. Smith, and Chris Webber now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Serious backlash" will happen when the media scrutinizes the Old Asshole's recent years with the same critical eye it does other coaches in the league.
    No, the media has already decided that the Spurs' success is largely the result of Pop's genius. They may think he treats reporters like but to them, that's the only thing that has made the Spurs marketable during this run so they don't mind. When he's done coaching, they will actually celebrate him even more because they will no longer see him as a Spurs person, they'll see him as a loveable cranky old genius who tells it like it is and made a dynasty out of a team of unathletic players with aw shucks personalities, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m more interested in who they pick then where they pick. If they still place priority on euro trash players or short SG volume shooters that don’t play defense then it doesn’t matter where the pick is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate this team so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wheres demarre?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, the media has already decided that the Spurs' success is largely the result of Pop's genius. They may think he treats reporters like but to them, that's the only thing that has made the Spurs marketable during this run so they don't mind. When he's done coaching, they will actually celebrate him even more because they will no longer see him as a Spurs person, they'll see him as a loveable cranky old genius who tells it like it is and made a dynasty out of a team of unathletic players with aw shucks personalities, tbh.
    I think the worm will turn before he retires. This season is a watershed in the media's regard for the Old Asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks just hired Leon Rose as president (head of basketball operations). Rose is a long time player agent. He knows the business of the game better than most, and he has a LOT of good contacts in the player community. Probably the best thing they've done in a generation. If they give him the elbow room he needs, they just got a lot smarter.

BTW - the Knicks were talking about Morris being a possible mid-season trade chip when they pulled him away from the Spurs.
    Yeah i heard about that. They were trying to emulate the rob pelinkas and bob myers of the league. We'll see how this will turn out for them

Thread Information