Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2031
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the worm will turn before he retires. This season is a watershed in the media's regard for the Old Asshole.
    If they make no roster changes in the offseason and pick their usual awful draft picks then I think you might be right. If that happens, next season will be even worse than this season and the media will start attacking him for not making any moves when the team is clearly awful

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with not making any deals given there probably wasn't any offer on the table that was a benefit to the Spurs. However, given where we are in the standings, it seems very unlikely that we make the playoffs. Therefore, I hope that means more run for the young guns during the 2nd half of the season including Keldon and Luka. There's no point continuing to play the vets heavy minutes and Forbes should be glued to the bench. Let use this opportunity to develop our young players and actually give them heavy minutes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know players have exit interviews, wonder if Popovich gets one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know players have exit interviews, wonder if Popovich gets one...
    "Are you a coach?" End of interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with not making any deals given there probably wasn't any offer on the table that was a benefit to the Spurs. However, given where we are in the standings, it seems very unlikely that we make the playoffs. Therefore, I hope that means more run for the young guns during the 2nd half of the season including Keldon and Luka. There's no point continuing to play the vets heavy minutes and Forbes should be glued to the bench. Let use this opportunity to develop our young players and actually give them heavy minutes.
    Exactly!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking like waiters is getting a release/buyout, wouldn’t hate the pickup but we do have Forbes lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The articles over the next few days will say something about how the Spurs made offers, but no one would take them or how close they came to landing so and so.

To be honest, though, I don't think the Spurs would have gotten good assets or a player that made them better on any trades. I'm sure most teams were trying to steal DDR or LMA at a cutthroat price and the Spurs are better off contending with what they got than giving their best players away for peanuts.

I doubt DDR walks this summer for nothing. The people that have cap space will not have an interest in him. He'll either not opt out or he'll resign at less than the max or he'll get a team to agree to a sign and trade.

Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking like waiters is getting a release/buyout, wouldn’t hate the pickup but we do have Forbes lol
    All buyouts are going to Lakers or Clippers or Bucks or Celtics. They aren't going to a team that might not make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Forbes’ “ , I’m better than that” body language whenever he gets beat and causes an and-1. Newsflash bud, you’re not better than that.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    per an hour ago, rc mentioned the selling of the san antonio rampage. i guess he was more focused / busy with that.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    “We are extremely grateful to our staff, our fans and our partners who have supported the Rampage for the last 18 years,” said SS&E CEO RC Buford. “While this was a difficult decision to make, we believe this move is best for the long-term success of Spurs Sports & Entertainment.”
    and how about not having a shîtty basketball team?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC moved into more of a business position awhile ago. I don't think he's involved in the day to day operations of the Spurs anymore.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    vegas has gotten the sa silver stars, the sa rampage... maybe they want an nba team next...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Let's hope shady Morris has an adverse affect on the Clippers already questionable chemistry. S bag isn't capable of pulling together a volatile, fractured room.

- At the Pistons, waiting too long to trade Drummond and giving him away. Maybe this opens up enough space to be a dumping ground for dead money, where a 1st will be attached, but still.

- He doesn't really make sense for the Cavaliers, but for basically free, they might as well take a flier. Still youngish.

- The Heat did well financially, but on court, not as much as the perception is. Raptors/Celtics still the extent of the 2nd tier in East.

- At the Warriors. Given their need on the wing and likely overrating their "culture" and "system", I could somewhat understand them viewing Wiggins as part asset, but they should have gotten more draft capital, inexpensive youth or both to take on that albatross.

- I get the thinking behind what the Rockets did, but Tucker is going to be worn to a nub and they're going to get destroyed at the rim and the offensive glass without a respectable center. Covington is nice, but overrated.

- Spurs. Covington goes for a decent 1st and 2 young players, while Green, a slightly smaller, but better version, was a throw in with a superstar for a pile of trash.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    awkward situation trying to bring back into the fold. especially if he still won't be getting playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now DeMarre - that's a cat I'd like to have a beer with.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hawks got labissiere for a 2nd round pick + cash. i would've done that deal in a heartbeat if i'm the spurs.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Not surprised no moves were made but this just sets up an interesting draft day, especially if Spurs miss playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs this is going to be extremely positive with free agents in the future.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hawk fans will have a fun more second half of their season / more Ws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad assumption. I’m sure there were plenty of value added trade offers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m personally glad we stood pat. Guarantees the Spurs don’t make the playoffs even more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m personally glad we stood pat. Guarantees the Spurs don’t make the playoffs even more
    True. Just about any trade would improve this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and the front office just basically gave every Spur fan the middle finger.

Thread Information