Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2031
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup and a lot of us saw it coming right after Mills and Pau got resigned

Nah LMA made the team better. They should've traded him when Kawhi wanted PG13 though, that was their mistake and I think that's the real reason Kawhi left
    Touches significantly eroded the culture and was an extremely poor fit with Duncan. We would have been much better off signing his old running mate RoLo to complement Tim and then acquiring Butler who was on the verge of forcing his way out of Chicago. LMA was the beginning of the end, his wanting to be traded after his first real taste of playoff success is the tip-off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think lamarcus had any trade value in 2017. He yanked his own trade value by quitting on the team on the court when he didn't get his touches. No one wanted lamarcus at a respectable value.
    Good point. He's clearly worth more today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Touches significantly eroded the culture and was an extremely poor fit with Duncan. We would have been much better off signing his old running mate RoLo to complement Tim and then acquiring Butler who was on the verge of forcing his way out of Chicago. LMA was the beginning of the end, his wanting to be traded after his first real taste of playoff success is the tip-off.
    Butler wouldn’t fit in at all. He’s tough, plays hard and has grit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a ing weirdo!!! So the fact that he cares about the community he lives in gets ignored because he wears Blazers colors?? You're by far the weirdest dude on here and that's saying something.
    here comes the president elect of the sniffer squad!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oddly, I think he and Pop might have meshed. Butler wore out his welcome in Minny for complaining that some of the guys weren't pounding the rock hard enough.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here comes the president elect of the sniffer squad!
    Nah not a "sniffer" at all but you have some erotic tendencies that are troubling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no superstar signs here. Aldridge is the only one in franchise history, that says a lot. Besides that was the season where Duncan's knee went out and he wasn't the usual Tim Duncan that we were used to for the majority of the season. So nah the Aldridge deal was the right one. On paper Spurs were the best team in the NBA that year at the start of the season. Nobody knew the Dubs would dominate like they did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah not a "sniffer" at all but you have some erotic tendencies that are troubling.
    Sniff sniff sniff sniff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizzlies have a very interesting team that really intrigues me and I will probably watch when they play nationally televised games (not often, but definitely if they make the playoffs). Good article. Wish this was the Spurs situation but it ain't.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler would have been a perfect fit in San Antonio and for Pop...

A coach who at the time liked to be hard on his players and a player who has never respected a coach who wasn't hard on him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing wrong with being gay so if that's what he is, fine, don't be an ignorant MAGA rube. However,there is something wrong with constantly sucking the of a supreme asshole that callously destroyed a franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no superstar signs here. Aldridge is the only one in franchise history, that says a lot. Besides that was the season where Duncan's knee went out and he wasn't the usual Tim Duncan that we were used to for the majority of the season. So nah the Aldridge deal was the right one. On paper Spurs were the best team in the NBA that year at the start of the season. Nobody knew the Dubs would dominate like they did
    We will just have to disagree. I would have preferred 2 non-soft, non-diva starters for the money we gave Softridge, who isn't and wasn't a superstar. And whether it says anything or not, it had no further impact. Certainly no superstar or all-star is clamoring to come here or will in the foreseeable future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with not making any deals given there probably wasn't any offer on the table that was a benefit to the Spurs. However, given where we are in the standings, it seems very unlikely that we make the playoffs. Therefore, I hope that means more run for the young guns during the 2nd half of the season including Keldon and Luka. There's no point continuing to play the vets heavy minutes and Forbes should be glued to the bench. Let use this opportunity to develop our young players and actually give them heavy minutes.
    Literally any deal would be acceptable...even a 2nd round pick...the one guaranteed thing is that we will NEVER win a ring with these two...why keep it together?ship them out for anything...they don't even wanna be here...LMA openly said he wanted to play for another team... anyone else do that,they get flamed...but he gets a pass?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised no moves were made but this just sets up an interesting draft day, especially if Spurs miss playoffs.
    "If"? LMFAO!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...I agree the LMA move was the right one when we did it...but the point is that when he behaved in a ty way Pop should have not bend and just say you, we pay you, you're in a contending team, play the right way for winning basketball of go the off.
    Instead he went on the appeasing his player's mode, and so starting to destroy the "team first" philosophy and the at the same time his credibility...in front of the other players that till that point buyed in, having total confidence in "the system". The Leonard bad behavior has this as a starting point...(and I'm not justyfing his traitor's behavior...just saying some fault must be shared).
    The point that we lost is just that.
    Our small market has been an exception (20 and more years of contending) not only because the high talent of the players or the coaches, but mainly because the high carachter of the players...Tim, Manu, Parker, Bowen, Splitter and practically everybody following their example had all a sharing and winning mentality...Leonard was buying in this, and its not for chance that when we won he was just a part of the team, not the main weapon...but if you bend to a non winning player just for appeasing his spoiled will, how could you think that a winner of a finals mvp (and obviously the best player on the team) should act and think about you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely, I was good with the Aldridge move at the time, as well, but it was evident quickly that he was still the cancer he was with Portland. He's the anti-Tim Duncan and Manu, plays loser basketball, only cares about numbers and touches, horrible body language, this franchise won't recover until he's gone.

How do you ask for a trade on a team that just reached the WCFs and could have competed for a le if Kawhi didn't get hurt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never had issues with LMA except for his slow starts. He was aligned to be Leonard side kick. Leonard wasn't the demi god until year two of LMA Spurs era. I wouldn't be surprised that The Group was already influencing the Spurs that early. What LMA did in year 3 was amazing. Without Leonard, he carried us. Unfortunately Leonard left and now LMA age has caught him. The first thing to go is your consistency. At his price you expect high quality play every night but he now can't do it. He is sometimes the best big on the court. The next night he has a stinker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the trade for Andre Drummond crew here realize that the Spurs could've easily gotten Drummond without giving up a lot? And that might've been good enough to make the playoffs? Start Drummond/Aldridge and Lyles plays PF off the bench. Rudy Gay goes to Detroit with Beli and maybe Carroll?

Those players seem to be better than what Detroit got for Andre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the trade for Andre Drummond crew here realize that the Spurs could've easily gotten Drummond without giving up a lot? And that might've been good enough to make the playoffs? Start Drummond/Aldridge and Lyles plays PF off the bench. Rudy Gay goes to Detroit with Beli and maybe Carroll?

He'll make 28 mil next year.

Against Portland we were -24 off 3pts shots (54-30). What for do we need a '90s center who can't shoot? We already have Poeltl at 1/9 the cost and with much better future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember the people saying we could take on the lakers in the first round? that 3-game win streak
    wont even make the first round

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit made the trade for drummond to clear salary space. They would not want Rudy gay or demarre Carroll .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think they would’ve given us Drummond and a 1st for DDR. Since his old coach is there. And yes, that was one of many potential ways to improve the team through trades and make the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never had issues with LMA except for his slow starts. He was aligned to be Leonard side kick. Leonard wasn't the demi god until year two of LMA Spurs era. I wouldn't be surprised that The Group was already influencing the Spurs that early. What LMA did in year 3 was amazing. Without Leonard, he carried us. Unfortunately Leonard left and now LMA age has caught him. The first thing to go is your consistency. At his price you expect high quality play every night but he now can't do it. He is sometimes the best big on the court. The next night he has a stinker.
    LMA demanded a trade after reading further than he ever reached in the postseason because he didn't get enough touches...and he completely folded vs the warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...I agree the LMA move was the right one when we did it...but the point is that when he behaved in a ty way Pop should have not bend and just say you, we pay you, you're in a contending team, play the right way for winning basketball of go the off.
    Instead he went on the appeasing his player's mode, and so starting to destroy the "team first" philosophy and the at the same time his credibility...in front of the other players that till that point buyed in, having total confidence in "the system". The Leonard bad behavior has this as a starting point...(and I'm not justyfing his traitor's behavior...just saying some fault must be shared).
    The point that we lost is just that.
    Our small market has been an exception (20 and more years of contending) not only because the high talent of the players or the coaches, but mainly because the high carachter of the players...Tim, Manu, Parker, Bowen, Splitter and practically everybody following their example had all a sharing and winning mentality...Leonard was buying in this, and its not for chance that when we won he was just a part of the team, not the main weapon...but if you bend to a non winning player just for appeasing his spoiled will, how could you think that a winner of a finals mvp (and obviously the best player on the team) should act and think about you?
    I've always said this...him extending LMA at the beginning of the season AFTER he demanded a trade (and played horribly in the playoffs) rubbed Kawhi the wrong way...nail in the coffin was when they tried to then low-ball Kawhi

Thread Information