Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but if you can do it now? I would. Especially if you can still get the first round pick out of it in the other deal.

I'm all over the first round pick. But I would just love to see Keldon and Spoon get brought up and put in the grinder. It would make them better for next season. You know... if Pop would actually give them floor time. How come everything I think of comes back to that old bas ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan trade - 3 Teamer. Kings, Miami and SA.

MIA Gets: DeRozan + Dedmon
    Kings Get: Winslow + Olynyk
    SA Gets: Dragic + Bogdanovic + SAC 1st

SA clears DeRozan off the books for sure (coupled with moving LMA and Mills in the other deals, it’s a full on salary cap reset). They get another 1st round pick (so SA would have their own, one from SAC and one from POR) which is great for rebuilding. They also get a look at a player they might want to keep with their young core in Bogdanovic. SA could also flip Dragic maybe to a contender for something but even if not, Dragic, Whiteside & Ariza are all off the books next year for nothing or a very small amount.

Miami gets Jimmy’s good friend and some more star power for the East. They get Dedmon who is a good fit for them as a stretch 5.

SAC gets to dump Dedmon which they want, get a solid young wing for their core in Winslow and a useful stretch 4 in Olynyk but for dumping Dedmon and getting Winslow they have to give up a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all over the first round pick. But I would just love to see Keldon and Spoon get brought up and put in the grinder. It would make them better for next season. You know... if Pop would actually give them floor time. How come everything I think of comes back to that old bas ?

Part of trading Mills and Beli means it opens up that time. You can flip Ariza for a pick maybe (2nd round) and free up the roster spot or just buy him out if you want Keldon/Spoon here now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but if you can do it now? I would. Especially if you can still get the first round pick out of it in the other deal.
    If I had to donit to get the 1st...ok... but I wouldn't trade patty for Ariza unless it was necessary to make the rest of the deal happen. Moving belli, ddr, and forbes opens up plenty of minutes for Lonnie and even KJ going down the stretch and patty would be a calming influence (and it isn't like he's impactful enough to keep us from getting a higher draft pick as we lose games). We need some veteran presence in the backcourt and preferably someone who's been in the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... I nee to pay more attention to what I'm writing. I looked at the first round pick and thought "they won't do that", and wrote it off. And Collins is injured and MIGHT be back in March. It sort of reminded me of Patty's shoulder injury, and we know how long it too him to get back to anything near what he was. Still, it's your hypothetical and if you want to throw in a first, I'm all for it.

Here's the first article I ran across. I don't know who the Luke Adams is, but he agrees with me so I thin he's right.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/02/...ba-trades.html

And a bonus, since we're starting to get use to the idea of plotting next season. Start watching Spencer Jones at Stanford. He's young, but he checks a lot of boxes. Last year this time I had been watching two guys that nobody was talking about going higher than the Spurs' pick (De'Andre Hunter and Chum Okeke) plus one that people thought might go undrafted (Thybulle). I think Spencer Jones might be another one of those guys who hits a lot of radars before it's over, but the Spurs could have a pick high enough even if that happens.
    Interesting - I don’t know if he’s right and I can’t remember ever seeing that in practice. But that is interesting. Chinook, thoughts on this piece of the CBA?

I don’t start watching college until the tournament. I hate college basketball lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to donit to get the 1st...ok... but I wouldn't trade patty for Ariza unless it was necessary to make the rest of the deal happen. Moving belli, ddr, and forbes opens up plenty of minutes for Lonnie and even KJ going down the stretch and patty would be a calming influence (and it isn't like he's impactful enough to keep us from getting a higher draft pick as we lose games). We need some veteran presence in the backcourt and preferably someone who's been in the system.
    I can see that - I just think that if SA is going full reboot (moving DDR too) then trading Mills now while you can may be the best bet. But yeah, there is no rush to move Mills (can be done in the off season) and that deal has no bearing (IMO) on the other from POR perspective. It would be SA pushing for that as part of the compensation for trading LMA (so not just getting Zach and 1st but losing Mills salary)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan trade - 3 Teamer. Kings, Miami and SA.

MIA Gets: DeRozan + Dedmon
    Kings Get: Winslow + Olynyk
    SA Gets: Dragic + Bogdanovic + SAC 1st

SA clears DeRozan off the books for sure (coupled with moving LMA and Mills in the other deals, it’s a full on salary cap reset). They get another 1st round pick (so SA would have their own, one from SAC and one from POR) which is great for rebuilding. They also get a look at a player they might want to keep with their young core in Bogdanovic. SA could also flip Dragic maybe to a contender for something but even if not, Dragic, Whiteside & Ariza are all off the books next year for nothing or a very small amount.

Miami gets Jimmy’s good friend and some more star power for the East. They get Dedmon who is a good fit for them as a stretch 5.

SAC gets to dump Dedmon which they want, get a solid young wing for their core in Winslow and a useful stretch 4 in Olynyk but for dumping Dedmon and getting Winslow they have to give up a pick.
    Ok, if we're getting Dragic back in the DDR trade I'm good with the mills-Ariza trade. We still have a veteran backcourt presence and can get lonnie and KJ minutes..maybe even get Q some burn...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone is sitting around waiting for Mills to be traded, DONT. The Spurs arent that kinda organization. They'll let him walk like Tony did, but they arent trading him. Seriously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone is sitting around waiting for Mills to be traded, DONT. The Spurs arent that kinda organization. They'll let him walk like Tony did, but they arent trading him. Seriously
    Probably agree, but IF they were going to because they wanted a full salary reset, sending him to a great organization that both he and LMA played with and enjoyed would be the exact type of trade that would happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what chances are for the Spurs not winning another game before trade deadline but still not making a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So net if these scenarios happen for SA:

2 additional first round picks to pair with their own
    LMA, DDR, Mills money off the books next season (so significant cap space)
    Looks at 2 decent “young” prospects that fit our current youth timeline in Zach Collins and Bogdanovic

Possibility for even more if they can flip Ariza and/or Dragic to other teams as well for 2nd rounders or something to that degree. But even if not, they have some vets to finish out this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what chances are for the Spurs not winning another game before trade deadline but still not making a move.
    Probably close to 100%, since they rarely make TDL day moves under any cir stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably close to 100%, since they rarely make TDL day moves under any cir stances.
    Well, when you have Tim, Tony and Manu you have the luxury of not needing to do much. This is a different time now. I agree, Pop will likely be stubborn and not do what is best for the franchise long-term vs what he wants short-term, but they should be heavily exploring things this deadline/Summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No trade is damn near 100%. Give 50% on the going winless. It basically comes down to beating Charlotte at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably agree, but IF they were going to because they wanted a full salary reset, sending him to a great organization that both he and LMA played with and enjoyed would be the exact type of trade that would happen.
    Mills would have to ask for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds are they are going to lose to UTA. That puts them a whopping 7 games under 500. I don’t care if you can make the playoffs with that record it’s totally unacceptable.

We now have 2 years worth of data on this LMA/DeRozan core; it’s over. It’s not working.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odds are they are going to lose to UTA. That puts them a whopping 7 games under 500. I don’t care if you can make the playoffs with that record it’s totally unacceptable.

We now have 2 years worth of data on this LMA/DeRozan core; it’s over. It’s not working.
    Why should they try to make the playoffs? So they can get hammered in three games by the Lakers? Not worth it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you know that #8 is going in the rafters some day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I actually feel bad for LMA. I do wish we could help LMA get in a better situation. This may be his last semi-prime year and to waste it on this garbage team...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks at 2 decent “young” prospects that fit our current youth timeline in Zach Collins and Bogdanovic

Possibility for even more if they can flip Ariza and/or Dragic to other teams as well for 2nd rounders or something to that degree. But even if not, they have some vets to finish out this year.
    The Trail Blazers have supposedly deemed Collins and Simons off limits (which obviously means, for what a big expiring + one could realistically fetch). They probably don't go beyond Whiteside, a lottery protected 1st and maybe a minor asset, like Trent Jr. or a future 2nd.

With the same caveat and for sentimental reasons, we all know Mills is off limits too.

That three teamer is solid, but I don't see the Kings including a 1st. Also, Bogdanovic is 27 (28 on August 18th), so he's not a prospect. Re-routing Dragic would yield the requisite secondary asset. Granted, the teams who'd probably want him most either don't have expendable matching salary (76ers, Lakers) or an asset that could make sense (Mavericks).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trail Blazers have supposedly deemed Collins and Simons off limits (which obviously means, for what a big expiring + one could realistically fetch). They probably don't go beyond Whiteside, a lottery protected 1st and maybe a minor asset, like Trent Jr. or a future 2nd.

With the same caveat and for sentimental reasons, we all know Mills is off limits too.

That three teamer is solid, but I don't see the Kings including a 1st.
    Also, Bogdanovic is 27 (28 on August 18th), so he's not a prospect. Re-routing Dragic would yield the requisite secondary asset.
    I think all teams say things, but if you can land LMA and appease Lillard, I think that becomes an option. Who knows. Im not overly high on Zach so would not be heartbroken, but I think with how great LMA is playing and shooting 3’s he should command a good return.

I can see the Kings giving a first because they both get to dump Dedmon for a guy in Olynyk they may want more/fits better and also get Winslow which fits their wing need and young core. But yeah, that might be tough, but I think doable.

For sure on Bog, that’s why I put young in “ “ .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think all teams say things, but if you can land LMA and appease Lillard, I think that becomes an option. Who knows. Im not overly high on Zach so would not be heartbroken, but I think with how great LMA is playing and shooting 3’s he should command a good return.

I can see the Kings giving a first because they both get to dump Dedmon for a guy in Olynyk they may want more/fits better and also get Winslow which fits their wing need and young core. But yeah, that might be tough, but I think doable.

I think they mean it though. Not only because their bloated payroll desperately needs relatively inexpensive contributors, but I think they've genuinely overvalued both as players. The thing is, they probably can land Aldridge for less and if they can't, they definitely could Love or possibly Gallinari.

But Olynyk and Dedmon have similar contracts and are similar caliber player, so they basically cancel each other out, as do Winslow and Bogdanovic. Why are they adding a 1st? Especially considering they only have their own, which project as high picks at worst or mid round picks at best, in the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can see the Kings giving a first because they both get to than dump Dedmon for a guy in Olynyk they may want more/fits better and also get Winslow which fits their wing need and young core. But yeah, that might be tough, but I think doable

Nurkic seemed more like the asset to go after than Collins. Nurkic can play with Poodle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they mean it though. Not only because their bloated payroll desperately needs relatively inexpensive contributors, but I think they've genuinely overvalued both as players. The thing is, they probably can land Aldridge for less and if they can't, they definitely could Love or possibly Gallinari.

But Olynyk and Dedmon have similar contracts and are similar caliber player, so they basically cancel each other out, as do Winslow and Bogdanovic. Why are they adding a 1st? Especially considering they only have their own, which project as high picks at worst or mid round picks at best, in the next few years.
    LMA is wayyy better than Zach. Let’s not forget that. Unlike SA, they have a legit top 10 player and can’t afford a step back. A first and Zach is not a high price for LMA imo. It’s fair but probably slightly undervaluing LMA.

LMA is better than Love and Gallo.

Dedmon wants out and is a distraction. Kings are trying to build up. So getting rid of the distraction along with getting what is a younger better fit with Buddy/Fox in Winslow is the reason. But yeah I can see them not wanting to add a first. Depends on how they value Winslow

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If we got to vote for GM, I'd vote for you. With the understanding that if you can't pull all that off, we're shipping your ass to the Fujian Sturgeons.

Thread Information