Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not seeing this guy in any mock drafts, but I'm gonna call it now that this guy is a future NBA all-star. Definite diamond in the rough for the Spurs to grab. I don't know if he'll declare or not though. He still has two years of college eligibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6-7. He seems light though. How’s his defense? Because I think the Spurs need a defensive SF like Kawhi without the uncle. We might actually get that around 17-19 pick

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6-7. He seems light though. How’s his defense? Because I think the Spurs need a defensive SF like Kawhi without the uncle. We might actually get that around 17-19 pick
    He won't be a Kawhi on defense (from the little I've seen); but who will be? At his peak, Kawhi was at Nate McMillan, Bruce Bowen, Scottie Pippen level. And with the changes in the NBA, that is less important, anyways.

Offensively, he has a lot of poise and looks like he is already a polished finisher. And what I like is that he can very much play within the framework of the team. He draws a lot of attention because of his (developing) range / ability to penetrate, and he doesn't mind playing to what the defense gives him and getting those hockey assists (that don't show up on the stat sheet). Also, he has that weird lefty release that may remind people of Manu in that respect.

He definitely would have to add muscle and quickness and may not be exactly NBA ready right off. But his tools / ceiling seem to be higher than Lonnie Walker who is more of a raw athleticism pick, imo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG D. Murray
    SG J. Harris
    SF. R. Gay / L. Walker
    PF L. Aldridge / R. Gay
    C. J. Poetl / L. Aldridge

Would be fun to see a big line-up like that, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awkward looking shot. But, Spurs have habit of picking up some under the radar players. Could be in 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are sleeping on Lonnie big time. The guy is a great athlete with an NBA body and good looking shooting stroke. If he is open to being coached and working hard, the guy has the best chance out of all our young players to actually become a star

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not seeing this guy in any mock drafts, but I'm gonna call it now that this guy is a future NBA all-star. Definite diamond in the rough for the Spurs to grab. I don't know if he'll declare or not though. He still has two years of college eligibility.

Bull . Everybody looks good on highlight videos; they only show the makes. I only saw 1 block and a couple of steals, which suggest his athleticism isn't awesome (ie NBA level). One assist on a highlight video for a guard does not suggest passing chops either. Given he's a senior despite only playing 2 years, he's had much more time to physically develop than most of the kids he's playing against... That's no all-star in the making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Look at the NBA All stars from this year. Now, count how many went more than one and done. Now, subtract the ones from mid moajors, who tend to get lost in the shuffle. You number is very small. If he were going to be an All Star, he’d already be in the NBA.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    arent you that re that thinks Jimmer Freddette is a legit nba talent? yeah ill take your talent evaluation with a grain of salt tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arent you that re that thinks Jimmer Freddette is a legit nba talent? yeah ill take your talent evaluation with a grain of salt tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to pile on but....

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beat me to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figured he was a sop re cos only two years (the one page didn't say). So, he's a late bloomer, which is why he is under the radar. He's currently not on any mock drafts. If Buffalo makes a deep run in the tourney he will be, though. The later he goes the better of a value he is. He has all the tools. The only question mark is athleticism at the next level.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . Everybody looks good on highlight videos
    People should obviously stop posting highlight videos. Great insight, Mr. P.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at the NBA All stars from this year. Now, count how many went more than one and done. Now, subtract the ones from mid moajors, who tend to get lost in the shuffle. You number is very small. If he were going to be an All Star, he’d already be in the NBA.
    If I didn't know the math, I wouldn't have called it a bold take.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .270 for 3 ... unlikely.... Spurs tend to pick up players who have progressively become better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard he dropped 65 last night in the Singapore D-League zchinzung conference Finals

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .270 for 3 ... unlikely.... Spurs tend to pick up players who have progressively become better.
    You need to look again.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard he dropped 65 last night in the Singapore D-League zchinzung conference Finals
    Haters gonna hate.

https://247sports.com/college/byu/Ar...ine-130188248/
    https://poststar.com/sports/fredette...42e692c4f.html

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll have a bright future in China.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll have a bright future in China.
    He'll get a really good shot in the NBA long before that. 6'7" wings with a solid panoply of offensive tools are in pretty high demand right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The negative appears that he has trouble being eligible academically. I don't know exactly what his problem is, but this could translate negatively in the NBA court. The offensive and defensive schemes are so complex now that there's a lot of mental preparation in the NBA game. The NBA game has a level of coordination and synchronization that is beyond many players ability to absorb. The Spurs are one of those teams that's extremely demanding mentally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll get a really good shot in the NBA long before that. 6'7" wings with a solid panoply of offensive tools are in pretty high demand right now.
    In spite of the fact that he’s played two years of college ball, and he’s not on anyone’s mock draft now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was looking at this guy’s numbers on basketball reference and his freshman year he shot a lot better than he has this season with more usage which isn’t all that great of an indicator. It was stated he isn’t all that great on defense or a great athlete and his 3 point shot isn’t all that great coupled with him not really being a play maker. What does this guy bring to the table that made him a sleeper in the thread starters eyes?

of course he can get better and maybe in the right situation become a pro player (long shot with the NBA) and have a long career. But just looking at his numbers and honestly not seeing him play before gives me cause to pause. I will definitely check out Buffalo tournament game now though to see how he plays. If he does well in it he might pop up on some real talent evaluators radar

Thread Information