My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping for another 8 game losing streak

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs lost to the Hawks twice Wizards and Cavs idk where the confidence is coming from.
    Maybe the wins over the top four teams in the East over the past two weeks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles and Carroll for Olynyk? Probably has to be a 3 teamer to absorb one because the Heat don't have an open roster spot or obvious path to one.

He's seemingly fallen out of favor with the Heat, they have cap issues and could save roughly $6.5 million next season.

He's essentially a better Lyles and could play some with any of Aldridge, Gay, Poeltl.

Carroll and Belinelli for Lee and Broekhoff? This would likely be a fall back, as I'm sure the Mavericks would like to do better with the Lee expiring.

Salary dump, paves the way for Walker to play more consistently and replenishes expiring depth shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the wins over the top four teams in the East over the past two weeks?
    I was a little confident after beating the Bucks, Celtics, and Raptors but then they come back home just to lose to the Hawks was pretty bad. Tomorrow’s game against the Suns will be tough.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not an olynyk fan, but yeah, he's probably better than lyles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Rudy? Did they shut him down to be traded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Rudy? Did they shut him down to be traded?
    Injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One would think Carroll is requesting a trade and SA will try to accommodate him. Can’t imagine he’s ok with how he’s been treated and he’s been very professional about the situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should take a look at Denzel Valentine. He's collecting DNP's in Chicago, salary is only 3.3 million, he shoots 39% from 3, is taller than Forbes and has a better defensive rating. If Pop doesn't want to start Lonnie, get him and give them Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One would think Carroll is requesting a trade and SA will try to accommodate him. Can’t imagine he’s ok with how he’s been treated and he’s been very professional about the situation
    Spurs are known to accommodating their players. Finley was an example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should package Bryn, Eubanks and a 2nd rounder for Denver’s current 2019 #44 pick. They have Bol Bol in the g-league probably due to a logjam of bigs on the pro team. BB on the highlights I watched is totally underrated. The guy moves like or better than Porzingis. Pretty freaking dominant. When you’re skinny as but are 7’2” and move that good? The guy is never going to fatten up but he understands how to max his height on the court. What a steal.

Throw Carrols dumb ass in too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should take a look at Denzel Valentine. He's collecting DNP's in Chicago, salary is only 3.3 million, he shoots 39% from 3, is taller than Forbes and has a better defensive rating. If Pop doesn't want to start Lonnie, get him and give them Forbes
    Nah he sux too. Should be about 3” taller for his type of game to work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should package Bryn, Eubanks and a 2nd rounder for Denver’s current 2019 #44 pick. They have Bol Bol in the g-league probably due to a logjam of bigs on the pro team. BB on the highlights I watched is totally underrated. The guy moves like or better than Porzingis. Pretty freaking dominant. When you’re skinny as but are 7’2” and move that good? The guy is never going to fatten up but he understands how to max his height on the court. What a steal.

Throw Carrols dumb ass in too!
    why would Denver do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah he sux too. Should be about 3” taller for his type of game to work.
    I'll take anybody who's better than Bryn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would Denver do that?
    Bol Bol as much as I think he’s good, is still the 44th pick, an injury risk and a long shot to get any PT behind Joker. On the other hand this is exactly what you do when you can flip a project for a guy, Bryn, that played well against you last postseason. Bryn can be very useful if played properly. Unlike grandpa Greg who WAY over values this scrub in disguise. They’d also get an ok backup C in Eubanks. Just my thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. For Forbes yes. If he sux like I think he does then bench him. Either way Lonnie likely gets more run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody is better than brynt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bol Bol as much as I think he’s good, is still the 44th pick, an injury risk and a long shot to get any PT behind Joker. On the other hand this is exactly what you do when you can flip a project for a guy, Bryn, that played well against you last postseason. Bryn can be very useful if played properly. Unlike grandpa Greg who WAY over values this scrub in disguise. They’d also get an ok backup C in Eubanks. Just my thought.
    I understand your reasoning, but I see the Bryn Forbes case as the Pau Gasol case, these players would have no interest or playing time with a coach other than Pop, I really don't see any other NBA team (or even SAS after Greg retires) using Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol had a good first year with us and we went deep that playoff run. A massive overpay though and at max he should of had Brook Lopez money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol had a good first year with us and we went deep that playoff run. A massive overpay though and at max he should of had Brook Lopez money.
    He only played 62 games. Probably only half of which you can truly say that he was any good. He predictably ran out of gas in the playoffs too.

Only a few teams would have been as dumb as the Spurs and re-signed him for what they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When are we trading Kobe Bryn?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans talking about trading a <.500 roster for a <.500 roster as if that really changes the trajectory of this franchise.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I liked Valetine coming out of college. I even hoped the Spurs might trade up a few spots to get him. But he went higher than I thought. He's had some chronic injury problems and he's never lived up to the potential I thought he had. But I'd still rather have him than Forbes, and if he could stay healthy I think he could still be better than he's shown so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand your reasoning, but I see the Bryn Forbes case as the Pau Gasol case, these players would have no interest or playing time with a coach other than Pop, I really don't see any other NBA team (or even SAS after Greg retires) using Bryn Forbes.
    Bryn used right can be beneficial. Here is a 5-10 minute a game guy of the bench to come in and hit a couple 3a. That's it.

Thread Information