Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2031
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to trade LMA and Derozan. Derozan deserves a chance to be on a good team, he's expiring, he's playing well, and the Spurs aren't making the playoffs. We've put this off as long as possible, but its now time to make sure that they get some value, move on, and start the rebuild in earnest. The chances to make the playoffs are just too low with this team to roll the dice.

Its been a of a run, but its time.
    Derozan had a chance to be on a good team in Toronto and he failed at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are gonna acommodate Carroll, strike out on any fools wanting Beli and that's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to wait for their current run of bad contracts to expire... so they could sign other players to more bad contracts. Rinse and repeat.

@ thinking we could trade these bad contracts/players away

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to wait for their current run of bad contracts to expire... so they could sign other players to more bad contracts. Rinse and repeat.

@ thinking we could trade these bad contracts/players away
    Naaa. That's the knicks with their GM signings. The Spurs will sign a old Veteran, pass their prime; that was good 7 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naaa. That's the knicks with their GM signings. The Spurs will sign a old Veteran, pass their prime; that was good 7 years ago.
    Not before they resign Bryn, give Patty another extension, and allow Rudy Gay to retire here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are gonna acommodate Carroll, strike out on any fools wanting Beli and that's it.
    They will probably strike out on both. Then they will waive Demarre and just keep playing/paying Marco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a shame what this organization has become. The big 3 and kawhitter really did mask their incompetence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a shame what this organization has become. The big 3 and kawhitter really did mask their incompetence.
    they really showed their incompetence by not super maxing kawhi smdh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull even Paul George admitted saying Spurs were about to trade for him. Kawhi just a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi just didn’t know how to man up and just say he wanted LA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop could have gotten any players he wanted. He just wanted out

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Kawhi just didn’t know how to man up and just say he wanted LA
    Pretty much but I think I am going to now have to buy the 2014 championship Blu-ray because it looks like it will be awhile before the Spurs ever touch the LOB trophy again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just want to say o to everyone. Long time board watcher and Spurs fan but first time poster. Hate to see the current state of this team and no attempt to make it better for short or long term. Would love to make multiple trades to get the team on track.

First I would ideally love to trade with Warriors. Saw on CBS sports an article about them wanting to trade Russell and their 2020 pick for someone to help right away. Minnesota doesn't really have anyone and I wouldn't particularly want Wiggins if I was the Warriors either as he isn't a go to guy that can go out and get buckets. That's where we come in. Trade DeRozan (I know people will say he isn't worth anything) but he is a former all-star and has played as such this season. He theoretically actually does help achieve that goal. It sends him back to California to a winning team when their stars return. DeRozan playing the SF actually helps because with Klay and Steph on the floor he has all the space needed to operate driving and pulling up from midrange. It gives them a go to scorer when needed that doesn't have to run off of screens and have help to get off shots. Throw in Forbes and we may have to throw some seconds and a future first in to sweeten the deal but maybe Pop could talk to Kerr to entice this deal to get done. We could pick up Alec Burks in the process. This gets us Russell and hopefully a top 5-10 pick in the draft along with getting our younger guys some play but losing games to get us a better pick as well, possibly even top 10 as well hopefully. Warriors get a scorer and more firepower to go against the LA teams along with the other west power houses. The trade works in ESPN trade machine.

Secondly I would like to send LaMarcus back home. Send Aldridge and Carroll to Portland for their 2020 first, Whiteside, Collins, and Hezonja (works in ESPN trade machine). They already have a Nurkic and Whiteside is a free agent and risk losing him for nothing. Aldridge gives them scoring from inside and outside along with leadership and already has played with the main core so he should fit in without problem and when Nurkic returns gives them more punch to make a playoff push. We get Whiteside and we have his bird rights if we choose to re-sign him or gives us some salary cap space to spend in the offseason or rollover to the 2021 season. Collins gives us a floor spacing big with athleticism that can start or come off the bench and a SF with size and some shooting ability. Maybe we can tap into the potential that got Hezonja drafted #5 overall several years back.

Now we wait until after the season and wait for the draft spots to fall in place. Then we trade Russell and Gay to Minnesota picking up hopefully a top 5-10 pick, Wiggins, and Culver, and maybe a future first depending on how desperate Minnesota is.

So Outgoing is DeRozan, Aldridge, Forbes, Gay, and Carroll and Incoming is Wiggins, Whiteside, Culver, Z. Collins, M. Hezonja, and Burks along with 3 potential top 5-10 picks (including ours) and a top 15-20 (Portland). Not a big Wiggins fan but he has played better this season. This gives us players to work with now that were all top 12 picks, except Whiteside to see if we can get anything out of them while having a ton of early picks to instantly jump start the rebuild. Not re-signing Whiteside and Burks (depending on what he wants next contract) gives us cap space for the future and a lot of early picks on rookie contracts. This balances the roster more with plenty of wings while adding some bigs as well. Sorry for the long fist time post but really enjoy the Spurs and this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best thing about the trade deadline is that this thread will be shut down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really curious to see what the Carroll trade will be or if it ends up being a salary dump this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just want to say o to everyone. Long time board watcher and Spurs fan but first time poster. Hate to see the current state of this team and no attempt to make it better for short or long term. Would love to make multiple trades to get the team on track.

First I would ideally love to trade with Warriors. Saw on CBS sports an article about them wanting to trade Russell and their 2020 pick for someone to help right away. Minnesota doesn't really have anyone and I wouldn't particularly want Wiggins if I was the Warriors either as he isn't a go to guy that can go out and get buckets. That's where we come in. Trade DeRozan (I know people will say he isn't worth anything) but he is a former all-star and has played as such this season. He theoretically actually does help achieve that goal. It sends him back to California to a winning team when their stars return. DeRozan playing the SF actually helps because with Klay and Steph on the floor he has all the space needed to operate driving and pulling up from midrange. It gives them a go to scorer when needed that doesn't have to run off of screens and have help to get off shots. Throw in Forbes and we may have to throw some seconds and a future first in to sweeten the deal but maybe Pop could talk to Kerr to entice this deal to get done. We could pick up Alec Burks in the process. This gets us Russell and hopefully a top 5-10 pick in the draft along with getting our younger guys some play but losing games to get us a better pick as well, possibly even top 10 as well hopefully. Warriors get a scorer and more firepower to go against the LA teams along with the other west power houses. The trade works in ESPN trade machine.

Secondly I would like to send LaMarcus back home. Send Aldridge and Carroll to Portland for their 2020 first, Whiteside, Collins, and Hezonja (works in ESPN trade machine). They already have a Nurkic and Whiteside is a free agent and risk losing him for nothing. Aldridge gives them scoring from inside and outside along with leadership and already has played with the main core so he should fit in without problem and when Nurkic returns gives them more punch to make a playoff push. We get Whiteside and we have his bird rights if we choose to re-sign him or gives us some salary cap space to spend in the offseason or rollover to the 2021 season. Collins gives us a floor spacing big with athleticism that can start or come off the bench and a SF with size and some shooting ability. Maybe we can tap into the potential that got Hezonja drafted #5 overall several years back.

Now we wait until after the season and wait for the draft spots to fall in place. Then we trade Russell and Gay to Minnesota picking up hopefully a top 5-10 pick, Wiggins, and Culver, and maybe a future first depending on how desperate Minnesota is.

So Outgoing is DeRozan, Aldridge, Forbes, Gay, and Carroll and Incoming is Wiggins, Whiteside, Culver, Z. Collins, M. Hezonja, and Burks along with 3 potential top 5-10 picks (including ours) and a top 15-20 (Portland). Not a big Wiggins fan but he has played better this season. This gives us players to work with now that were all top 12 picks, except Whiteside to see if we can get anything out of them while having a ton of early picks to instantly jump start the rebuild. Not re-signing Whiteside and Burks (depending on what he wants next contract) gives us cap space for the future and a lot of early picks on rookie contracts. This balances the roster more with plenty of wings while adding some bigs as well. Sorry for the long fist time post but really enjoy the Spurs and this forum.
    I like the way you think, but the Warriors want their pick, I hear. Also, the Blazers are - for some reason - valuing Whiteside and prefer to move him for more. LMA might entice them, but you're not getting that pick from them either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that’s not a good thing. The infinitesimally small chance of the spurs making a trade is the only positive thing that spurs fans have right now. Take that away after the deadline comes and goes with no moves and we have nothing. That’s not good for this board, not good for the franchise (less fans at games, watching tv, or buying gear), and not good for the fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that’s not a good thing. The infinitesimally small chance of the spurs making a trade is the only positive thing that spurs fans have right now. Take that away after the deadline comes and goes with no moves and we have nothing. That’s not good for this board, not good for the franchise (less fans at games, watching tv, or buying gear), and not good for the fans.
    Yep. A few more hours of hope and then crushed by the reality of PATFO’s stubbornness/arrogance/lack of awareness/imagination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? It generates actual conversation which to me is the point. Sure, some have less of an understanding, but at least its actual basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kat is unhappy, minny collecting picks, expiring contracts and wanna trade wiggins, magic wants a scorer and get rid of gordon soo...

spurs: kat/reid/birch
    minny: ddr/gordon/poeltl/forbes 1st 2020 and 2022 via spurs/ 1st via magic
    magic: wiggins

murray/white/loonie/lma/kat

before u say that spurs give too much picks remember that kat is a beast on a 5yr contract and tbh we gonna draft a bust as always.

minny: gets ddr who probably opts out, poeltl and gordon- cheap players for future, forbes expiring and 3 picks
    orlando: there was a rumor about ddr for gordon and bamba so gordon + pick for a familiar player to ddr but younger with longer contract isnt too much.
    it is time to call a doctor Sir!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found myself seriously wondering if the Spurs could net Juwan Morgan from the Jazz if they moved DeMarre Carroll to Utah. At that point, I took a few hours to regain my sanity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, while I agree for different reasons, this really isn’t true.

SA has all their picks to offer. ATL just got Capela for a mid to late first and an expiring deal. You can land impactful players without gutting your team if you are willing to pay the picks price.
    No one is out there that is going to guarantee that by making a trade they will get us to the playoffs. So why take the risk of trading a potential late lottery-odd pick for a player that at best makes us marginally better. Certainly there are trades that could happen on lower level players, but they won't move the needle on us getting to the playoffs. Similarly, any trade of DDR or LMA is likely to yield less talent in return and given DDR free agent status and LMA's age, neither are likely to land a quality first round pick that would make trading them worth it. No reason to sell our best players to get junk assets.

Best course is to just try and make the playoffs with what we have with the possibility that there is a trade of one of the lower level players. Sure, if a once-in-a million opportunity comes up, then trade one of our two best players. But that is just very unlikely. Trading for Gordon or Winslow, in my opinion, is a downgrade if we give up DDR or LMA. Better to just see what happens this year. If DDR walks, then the Spurs have a bunch of cap space or maybe they do a sign and trade in the summer, but no reason to deal him now unless some unexpected miracle deal comes along, which is highly unlikely.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i’m pretty surprised their hasn’t been more movement this season.

it seemed like the lakers, clippers, mavs, and maybe raptors, sixers all wanted some help. and i guess okc is standing pat. i really wanted them to add bertans to their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is out there that is going to guarantee that by making a trade they will get us to the playoffs. So why take the risk of trading a potential late lottery-odd pick for a player that at best makes us marginally better. Certainly there are trades that could happen on lower level players, but they won't move the needle on us getting to the playoffs. Similarly, any trade of DDR or LMA is likely to yield less talent in return and given DDR free agent status and LMA's age, neither are likely to land a quality first round pick that would make trading them worth it. No reason to sell our best players to get junk assets.

Best course is to just try and make the playoffs with what we have with the possibility that there is a trade of one of the lower level players. Sure, if a once-in-a million opportunity comes up, then trade one of our two best players. But that is just very unlikely. Trading for Gordon or Winslow, in my opinion, is a downgrade if we give up DDR or LMA. Better to just see what happens this year. If DDR walks, then the Spurs have a bunch of cap space or maybe they do a sign and trade in the summer, but no reason to deal him now unless some unexpected miracle deal comes along, which is highly unlikely.
    I agree
    Trading just to trade is not always great. Let's say the Spurs got Capela-
    He's not going to make this team dramatically better short and long term and has a bad contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, been a boring trade season

Thread Information