Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You’ll need to find a transcendent HOF quarterback first.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    where are they gonna get a qb of rogers favre caliber

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wonder who Jerry will hire after Cowboys go 8-8 again next year.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    if I was Robert Saleh (and definitely Riverboat Ron) I wouldve wanted the Cowboys job over the Browns or Redskins jobs. But w/e

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wonder who Jerry will hire after Cowboys go 8-8 again next year.
    Nick Saban

I'd love to on and troll Cowboys management, but I think this is a pretty legit hiring. I always like Mike, he was not the problem with Packers and never was. No idea what people are going on about in this thread.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd love to on and troll Cowboys management, but I think this is a pretty legit hiring. I always like Mike, he was not the problem with Packers and never was. No idea what people are going on about in this thread.
    Such is life on ST. No one has suggested a better hire either.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Idk why they rushed to hire him. Might as well wait until the super bowl is over so you can pick from the coordinators on the best teams.

The Packers only really lost 1 playoff game because of McCarthy, which was the SF game where they allowed 181 rushing yards to Kaepernick due to Dom Capers's washed scheme. The Seattle loss was because Bostick had a historic blunder and their offense didn't get a chance in OT against Arizona the following year.

The problem is that he doesn't actually do anything to elevate a team's ceiling, absolutely no creativity and he wasted years on Dom Capers, who should have been fired 5 years before he actually was. McCarthy has never used utility players or utilized his running backs as explosive weapons. He had Aaron Jones and refused to use him, too. Look at what Lafleur did with him just a year later with his specialty in using RBs.

It's not a bad hire if he doesn't up on the defensive coordinator choice like he did in GB and he needs a younger, creative mind as OC. He could be Mike Tomlin, at least he's respected by the players, unlike Garrett.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The Packers only really lost 1 playoff game because of McCarthy, which was the SF game where they allowed 181 rushing yards to Kaepernick due to Dom Capers's washed scheme. The Seattle loss was because Bostick had a historic blunder and their offense didn't get a chance in OT against Arizona the following year.

The problem is that he doesn't actually do anything to elevate a team's ceiling, absolutely no creativity and he wasted years on Dom Capers, who should have been fired 5 years before he actually was. McCarthy has never used utility players or utilized his running backs as explosive weapons. He had Aaron Jones and refused to use him, too. Look at what Lafleur did with him just a year later with his specialty in using RBs.

It's not a bad hire if he doesn't up on the defensive coordinator choice like he did in GB and he needs a younger, creative mind as OC. He could be Mike Tomlin, at least he's respected by the players, unlike Garrett.
    that was big, valid criticism

dont think he has room to do that with zeke on board though. as for OC, he should keep moore imo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

come on now. LeFleur underutilized Jones just as poorly except 1) when Williams was injured and 2) when Adams was out
    When Williams was healthy, it was near a 50/50 split.
    It took him the full season to realize what he had there.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

The Seattle game in the conference championship was on him as well. His play calling the second half was extremely conservative and horrendous. Yes they had a huge meltdown, but if he would have just called more aggressively it wouldn’t have been close enough to matter

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This is actually a pretty good point tbh

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    He had 13 years of Favre & Rodgers and got 1 Super Bowl out of it...
    He’s no worse than Sean Payton.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The Seattle game in the conference championship was on him as well. His play calling the second half was extremely conservative and horrendous. Yes they had a huge meltdown, but if he would have just called more aggressively it wouldn’t have been close enough to matter
    Second half? , his pussy FG-kicking ass in the first half where Struggle Wilson was in full display (3 INTs) should've gotten him fired. I wanted him out the second he didn't fire Capers after the Kaepernick divisional debacle like HH mentioned.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

He kept Capers around wayyyyyy too long just because Capers had one great year in 2010 and called a historically timely zone blitz where he dropped the 350 pound nose tackle into coverage who got the pick-6 which essentially won the NFCCG that year, otherwise the Bears probably win that game.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Another thing on McCarthy: He's a perfect 5-0 in Jerryworld (AT&T Stadium), including winning his only Super Bowl ring there. It's good luck for him.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

yeah that's what I've been saying when people on here on guys like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Sean Payton, etc when they say "throw out that one year this person won a super bowl, and they've basically been choke artists!". You can pretty much say that about anybody not named Tom Brady/Bill Belichick, which is why I'm not that disappointed in this hire.

I posted this somewhere else, but imo there's three tiers of coaching in the NFL:

1) Bill Belichick

2) Guys who have had some playoff success, and are just fighting for the rest of the scraps. i.e the fairly well known names who pop up every year when there's a coaching search

3) the rest of the guys who get a few years at one spot, suck, and are never heard from again

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah that's what I've been saying when people on here on guys like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Sean Payton, etc when they say "throw out that one year this person won a super bowl, and they've basically been choke artists!". You can pretty much say that about anybody not named Tom Brady/Bill Belichick, which is why I'm not that disappointed in this hire.

I posted this somewhere else, but imo there's three tiers of coaching in the NFL:

1) Bill Belichick

2) Guys who have had some playoff success, and are just fighting for the rest of the scraps. i.e the fairly well known names who pop up every year when there's a coaching search

3) the rest of the guys who get a few years at one spot, suck, and are never heard from again
    Garrett doesn't really fit in any of those tiers

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Garrett doesn't really fit in any of those tiers
    The Bot is a special case because of his love affair with Jerruh, and perfectly timed injuries to key players that kept giving him excuses to be kept around for so long. I think he's somewhere between 2 and 3, but closer to 3. He kept Dallas compe ive for awhile with a decent record as head coach, but he always had the most talent in the division with obvious lack of playoff success. If he were initially put in a less favorable position, he'd probably get 2 or 3 years than be out the door

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Bot is a special case because of his love affair with Jerruh, and perfectly timed injuries to key players that kept giving him excuses to be kept around for so long. I think he's somewhere between 2 and 3, but closer to 3. He kept Dallas compe ive for awhile with a decent record as head coach, but he always had the most talent in the division with obvious lack of playoff success. If he were initially put in a less favorable position, he'd probably get 2 or 3 years than be out the door
    Isn't that the truth. And every once in a while, having a good record making it seem like it was about to turn around.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Another thing on McCarthy: He's a perfect 5-0 in Jerryworld (AT&T Stadium), including winning his only Super Bowl ring there. It's good luck for him.
    Another example of him riding Rodgers coat tails tbh. Everyone knows it’s Aaron’s world not Jerry’s world. He continues to son those es every time we play there

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

No it isn't. McCarthy would have had more rings with Rodgers if he wasn't so insanely loyal to Dom Capers. Payton/Brees just had three epic chokejobs in a row. The only reason Carroll doesn't have two rings in Seattle is because Struggle tried to play heroball at the 1-yard line instead of giving the ball to Marshawn. And Peyton is universally known as the biggest playoff choker in NFL history.

Thread Information