My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/lamarcus-a...antonio-spurs/

The Gist: Aldridge's sudden emergence as a three-point shooter can be a game changer.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And he’s hit 4/6 from downtown already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome sight thats for damn sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What emergence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And he’s hit 4/6 from downtown already
    Why did he not attempt another one the whole game.?
    He was 4-5 in the 1st half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's moving in the right direction, but he should still be shooting more threes, and *jesus* it took long enough for him to figure out that he should be utilizing available efficient shots. He should be averaging no fewer than 5 per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to suspect the coach on that.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team falls apart on second half’s resorting to iso crap ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With LMA developing a 3 point shot,I think there's less reasons now to blow it up by trading LMA and Derozan. In fact both players have a play style that doesn't deteriorate with age. The two players can be serviceable in the medium term, and with our young players developing + a high pick this draft, we can have a revival in the next few seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure helps, opens up new types of lineups, will result in him taking less of a beating in the post, and renders pure shooters like Forbes/Mills less important for spacing. Opens up slashers like LWIV to have bigger roles, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Year after year, players like LaMarcus are having career years (one way or another), kudos to LaMarcus for putting in the work over summer and our coaching staff for making it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With LMA developing a 3 point shot,I think there's less reasons now to blow it up by trading LMA and Derozan. In fact both players have a play style that doesn't deteriorate with age. The two players can be serviceable in the medium term, and with our young players developing + a high pick this draft, we can have a revival in the next few seasons.
    If the next 7 games goes as bad as I think it might go then the Spurs should seriously consider thinking about moving on from Aldridge and DeRozan.

Aldridge shooting like this has to raise his trade value. Portland has been linked to Kevin Love, Aldridge would be a better fit plus he's on a shorter term deal and has played there before.

I would do a Whiteside plus their 1st rounder (currently the 16th pick) for Aldridge if things go further south.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA/Carroll for Whiteside/Hood/1st Rd Pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is playing fantastic right now. His numbers are like 20/10/3/3 over his last 5 and his trade value has to be rising

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is playing fantastic right now. His numbers are like 20/10/3/3 over his last 5 and his trade value has to be rising
    He looked like he was going to have a down season, probably do to decline, but is closing in on averaging 20 ppg with a career high in true shooting percentage.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was this lamarcus Aldridge in his first 2 years with the Spurs? A damn shame how he is finally changing his game now as opposed when the team could have really needed him to. Respect to him though, for changing his game nonetheless. Someone needs to pop off at demar to do the same

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was this lamarcus Aldridge in his first 2 years with the Spurs? A damn shame how he is finally changing his game now as opposed when the team could have really needed him to. Respect to him though, for changing his game nonetheless. Someone needs to pop off at demar to do the same
    When his agent told him that no one is gonna pay him more than 20M because he cannot shoot 3Pts, he will activate his player option and do it next season.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 34 we should trade him now while he's hitting 3s and his trade value is high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/lamarcus-a...antonio-spurs/

The Gist: Aldridge's sudden emergence as a three-point shooter can be a game changer.
    It created an opportunity for slasher like LWIV to get more minutes, reversal of play instead of no defense Forbes who can now move to bench. I wonder who thought about it Becky/Timmy? It’s genius. Better offense and better defensive personnel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 34 we should trade him now while he's hitting 3s and his trade value is high.
    Yes, exactly. Run the offense completely through him right now to keep boosting his value and trade him. Hopefully he can get another 40pt game or 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, exactly. Run the offense completely through him right now to keep boosting his value and trade him. Hopefully he can get another 40pt game or 2.
    I'd hope they try to run more high PnP with him to get open looks at the 3 instead of actually running their offense through him, since not only will he probably regress to his natural post-up O, but also cause more wear&tear on his body. He could actually use a game or two off... Gotta be cautious with trade assets, especially at his age. Actually, who the knows whether the Spurs even see him as a trade asset...

A first for LMA - any first - would be wonderful. We can package that and our hopefully low pick and move up into the mid lottery and get a chance at a cornerstone player for a rebuild. Then you ship out DD and start playing Keldon, Luka, Weatherspoon, LotteryPick heavy minutes next season... Instant rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow

Thread Information