Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid's sport. If a 4 year old can master it, how hard is it? It's fatball hackeysack.
    Its easier to master a sport when you’re not a fat kid tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ. We're still going on about this ? Soccer is a kids game. You need a ball, a semi-empty field, and a pair of shoes to play... that's it. Kids who have no other interests or talents play it. Parents stick them out there to chase a ball around so he/she can get some sun and work up a sweat. At the end of the day, the game ends in a 0-0 tie just like the "pros" do.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ. We're still going on about this ? Soccer is a kids game. You need a ball, a semi-empty field, and a pair of shoes to play... that's it. Kids who have no other interests or talents play it. Parents stick them out there to chase a ball around so he/she can get some sun and work up a sweat. At the end of the day, the game ends in a 0-0 tie just like the "pros" do.
    Easy to orchestrate = more players = larger talent pool?

Would argue the soccer players in the top leagues are the top echelon athletes on Planet Earth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would argue the soccer players in the top leagues are the top echelon athletes on Planet Earth
    You could make the same argument for running, cycling, or any other extreme cardio activity. Raw athleticism doesn't always translate to something that's remotely enjoyable to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could make the same argument for running, cycling, or any other extreme cardio activity. Raw athleticism doesn't always translate to something that's remotely enjoyable to watch.
    But soccer does. It's called "The Beatiful Game" for a reason. That's also why it's the most popular sport in the World. That bull about "it's the cheapest sport to play" is an excuse staters like to give to try and rationalize the fact that they can pretty much impose anything on the rest of the World except the most popular sport.

You people like to say "all you need is a ball and you're set", well, guess what, you also only need a ball to play US football but that kind of football doesn't even come close to the popularity World football has. You are going to try and tell me "you need helmets, you need pads, etc" well then I tell you that to properly play soccer you also need boots, shin pads, same colour t-shirts and, most important of all, a soccer goal. To play US football you can just draw a line on the ground and you have a goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But soccer does. It's called "The Beatiful Game" for a reason. That's also why it's the most popular sport in the World. That bull about "it's the cheapest sport to play" is an excuse staters like to give to try and rationalize the fact that they can pretty much impose anything on the rest of the World except the most popular sport.

You people like to say "all you need is a ball and you're set", well, guess what, you also only need a ball to play US football but that kind of football doesn't even come close to the popularity World football has. You are going to try and tell me "you need helmets, you need pads, etc" well then I tell you that to properly play soccer you also need boots, shin pads, same colour t-shirts and, most important of all, a soccer goal. To play US football you can just draw a line on the ground and you have a goal.
    If the US top athletes played soccer we would butt the rest of the world tbh. Our top athletes play other sports though. Soccer is for guys that weren’t good enough to play the more popular sports tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the US top athletes played soccer we would butt the rest of the world tbh. Our top athletes play other sports though. Soccer is for guys that weren’t good enough to play the more popular sports tbh
    Oh yeah, that's the other one you like to use.

But yeah son, I'm sure that would be the case. Everybody knows 6'9'' 240 pounds is the ideal prototype for a soccer player.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Messi and ronaldo are over and still play great. Ibra was 38 and still made a joke of the mls.
    u better be glad black americans dont play soccer...........the mls would be hands down the dominant league.............the athletes that would play in the mls would make the premiere league & all other soccer leagues obsolete

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    u better be glad black americans dont play soccer...........the mls would be hands down the dominant league.............the athletes that would play in the mls would make the premiere league & all other soccer leagues obsolete
    "Muh black athletes"
    - Americucks

They are decent defenders in futbol but struggle at every other position. Blacks need to be heavily coached (American sports) and that doesn't exist in pure skill futbol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Muh black athletes"
    - Americucks

They are decent defenders in futbol but struggle at every other position. Blacks need to be heavily coached (American sports) and that doesn't exist in pure skill futbol
    The World Champs had an almost fully Black team, sorry buddy

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Handful of full blacks. France would have won without them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You actually have to run in povertyball...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    check the 98 team scrah. It was Africa 2.0

Even Zidane is lefty cousin

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, that's the other one you like to use.

But yeah son, I'm sure that would be the case. Everybody knows 6'9'' 240 pounds is the ideal prototype for a soccer player.
    Cornerbacks and point guards dip . Keep playing dumb though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soccer and football have one thing in common; a ing chore to watch. Soccer is basically NASCAR, but with no potential for entertaining wrecks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cornerbacks and point guards dip . Keep playing dumb though.
    And you say they would be beter just because they run faster and jump higher? Have you checked who the soccer GOATS are? They are GOATS because of their godly skill level not because of athletic traits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Soccer was US favourite sport they would probably be up there among the contenders, just by sheer amount of talent pool alone, but this idea that they would somehow dominate like they do in basketball is just US self centered ignorance at its finest, tbh. Heck, they can't even dominate snoozeball when only a couple of countries outside of them give a about the sport.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think Americans don't realize how sports infatuated they are compared to the rest of the World. Sure other countries for example in Central Europe have mandatory Physical Education at a young age but especially at the high school level you arent forced to bring your PE shorts and shirt. Which is mind blowing how America manages to be obese with such a focus on athletics

Anyway, America is king of team sports. People in foreign nations are more into out doors/winter sports and especially cycling. There is more walking on a daily basis to and from work/school/social events. It is steadily changing but gym memberships are not yet the norm

My point being sure young kids in foreign nations are kicking a ball around but teenagers and especially young adults are far less into compe ive sports overseas than in America. I.E. no such thing as College Sports

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like everyone else said skill translates well in baseball. Running around kicking a ball and flopping around when you get touched has a shelf life.

Who wants to watch that anyways? Just a boring lifeless sport...even the Mexican announcers are tired. No one cares about MLS or FIFA in the States because we have superior sports and entertainment. Soccer is something you watch when you only have 3 channels and a box of ramen in the kitchen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soccer is something you watch when you only have 3 channels and a box of ramen in the kitchen.

Walls have pictures with no frames, their calendars are the ones they get free at the tortilleria, car is nine different colors and the upholstery is beach towels. Those kinds of people watch soccer.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like everyone else said skill translates well in baseball. Running around kicking a ball and flopping around when you get touched has a shelf life.

Who wants to watch that anyways? Just a boring lifeless sport...even the Mexican announcers are tired. No one cares about MLS or FIFA in the States because we have superior sports and entertainment. Soccer is something you watch when you only have 3 channels and a box of ramen in the kitchen.

Walls have pictures with no frames, their calendars are the ones they get free at the tortilleria, car is nine different colors and the upholstery is beach towels. Those kinds of people watch soccer.
    lmao this is like me right out of college. i was so happy when the world cup happened to be on because i had something to watch at all times on 1 english channel and 3 spanish ones

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You mean the african all star team?

Most of those players are either immigrants or 1st generation kids. If you cherry picked players from across Europe or South America and put them all under one continental team, they would run circles around the African national team tbh.

Pogba's brothers for example still play for Guinea, not France.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Shorter/wider is preferred in football. Most American athletes/males are top heavy.

You can tell a street fight in Europe by the kicks

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And you say they would be beter just because they run faster and jump higher? Have you checked who the soccer GOATS are? They are GOATS because of their godly skill level not because of athletic traits.
    Povertyball is full of midgets, skinnyfat twinks, and more plumbers and accountants than yesterday's NBA. None of their "skills" would matter if they had to face real athletes like Derrick Henry, LeBron or Mike Trout.

Thread Information