Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With last night's performance of great defense and 3 point spacing, I think a lot of people owe Bryn Forbes an apology. You know who ya'll are. Put some respect on the man's name instead of that Brent Formes bull.

Pop has raved about Forbes all year. RC has constantly praised Forbes. He is a locker room leader and a great teammate. TIMVP himself rated Forbes as a B and for a player making 3 million dollars, that's more than outplaying his contract. Next year I expect his contract to reflect his starting guard ability with somewhere in the 3 year 36 million dollar category.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bran forks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he blows out both of his achilles tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what? Birnt Firmes ing sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously have nuttin against Forbes. I just want him traded.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry Brynn. Really. I'm sorry the Spurs ever drafted your ass. I'm sorry Pop has put you in to close games over and over. I'm sorry you never learned to play defense. Sorry that you're a rabbit in the headlights when you're handling the ball.

There... I feel better already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Scrubs, tbh.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In regards to his defense: the sun shines on a dog’s ass sometimes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike most of you guys, I like having him on the team. I just want him getting 15-20 minutes from the bench instead

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike most of you guys, I like having him on the team. I just want him getting 15-20 minutes from the bench instead
    In a vacuum, I wouldn't mind him in the team, but Patty, Marco, and Bryn are redundant. That means, Bryn should get to play only when either Lonnie or Patty is unavailable. And Bryn should never be on the court when Patty is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a vacuum, I wouldn't mind him in the team, but Patty, Marco, and Bryn are redundant. That means, Bryn should get to play only when either Lonnie or Patty is unavailable. And Bryn should never be on the court when Patty is.
    They are kinda all the same player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree 100% with what you said. There’s no question that he should be starting over Lonnie. He spaces the floor and unlike Lonnie he knows where to be defensively. But Marco shouldn’t be taking Lonnies minutes. Lonnie getting about 15 minutes per game is probably for the best tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know who would agree with you is him. He doesn't relish fighting the Greek Freak under the basket I'm sure, but he did... though not as successful as DDR who had my favourite moment last night. Forbes will never be a defensive juggernaut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s alright as instant scorer, just not a starter then he’d be exposed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know who would agree with you is him. He doesn't relish fighting the Greek Freak under the basket I'm sure, but he did... though not as successful as DDR who had my favourite moment last night. Forbes will never be a defensive juggernaut.
    He knows his shortcomings, probably better than we do. That’s insightful. Any one of us could be him if we had an insanely accurate shot and a couple notches of added athleticism (yes, all jokes aside, he’s still significantly more athletic than most if not all posters here). And if I were in his shoes with the same talent, I’d hate guarding most of the stars too. Kudos to him for at least going at it and giving it his all. Unfortunately on the defensive end, his all just isn’t enough.
    Last edited by sananspursfan21; 01-07-2020 at 10:00 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With last night's performance of great defense and 3 point spacing, I think a lot of people owe Bryn Forbes an apology. You know who ya'll are. Put some respect on the man's name instead of that Brent Formes bull.
    Trade him or waive him. Let someone else pay their respects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're gonna make me use these abbreviations these days: GTFO with that $hit!!! Forbes is a spot-guy. Every now and then he's gonna get his nut and that's ok... need that sometimes. Kiss my ass with apologies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about 5-10?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolute tops!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best I can do is 12.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys make a point in a roundabout way. ST never really hated Bryn even with his obvious flaws.

Gregg playing this guy starter minutes to the detriment of a rising star like IV is what is setting people off.

The problem is Gregg. The symptom is Forbes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any one of us could be him if we had an insanely accurate shot and a couple notches of added athleticism (yes, all jokes aside, he’s still significantly more athletic than most if not all posters here).
    This makes me think about how the NBA has opened itself up for undersized shooters. I can't honestly say Forbes is a better player than I was in my prime. Maybe, he's better; but it's close enough that I wouldn't willingly concede it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes me think about how the NBA has opened itself up for undersized shooters. I can't honestly say Forbes is a better player than I was in my prime. Maybe, he's better; but it's close enough that I wouldn't willingly concede it.
    It’s hard to watch, but fun in a sense because I can kinda imagine myself as Forbes. I’m actually a pretty similar stature to him. 6’3, thin but with some bulk, I think I’ve got him beat in arm and leg length fwiw. I wanna say I would have been more athletic than he is before my ACL tear at 16, but it’s never been surgically repaired so even now I can’t risk complete lateral movement and leaping ability I know I’m capable of. So Forbes is head and shoulders above me athletically and probably always was, just living in the past here

But again, with all jokes aside, I couldn’t touch his shot. I was never a shooter until now in pick up games. I was the guy who overly relied on speed, hang time, and length to get my points, I guess like a way smaller scale Antetokounmpo. Where’d you play ball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows his shortcomings, probably better than we do. That’s insightful. Any one of us could be him if we had an insanely accurate shot and a couple notches of added athleticism (yes, all jokes aside, he’s still significantly more athletic than most if not all posters here). And if I were in his shoes with the same talent, I’d hate guarding most of the stars too. Kudos to him for at least going at it and giving it his all. Unfortunately on the defensive end, his all just isn’t enough.
    Have you seen him take a charge like Patty does? I don’t think so. The game in Milwaukee, I don’t remember which player, but instead of Bryn taking the charge, he quickly turned around and covered the back of his head. Normally Patty would take the charge in the same play. I applaud Bryn for what he has accomplished. Kudos to him. But he’s not a starter and should only be instant scorer from the bench. Him starting is taking away minutes from Lonnie, and depriving the team much needed defense and physicality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The troll is strong with this one.

Thread Information