Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obligatory partisan hand wringing and foul calling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VFW Says ‘Cannot Stand Idle’ on Trump’s ‘Misguided’ Remarks About Troop Injuries

I think "the troops" can figure out who does, or does not, give a about them. These troops seem to have an opinion in that regard.

How many in the VFW even have a DD214? That organization is rife with frauds.

VFW Opens Membership To Military Fakers Due To Lack Of Interest From Young Veterans

KANSAS CITY, MO – In an unprecedented response to dwindling membership ranks, the Veterans of Foreign Wars have extended eligibility to military fakers.

According to officials, people who fake military service may be the financial saving grace for what many perceive as a dying organization. A lack of interest in the current crop of young veterans has caused membership to shrink and many posts to close.

https://www.duffelblog.com/2013/07/vfw-military-fakers/

This organization is desperate for some media attention.

Yeah I know it's satire but it's based on facts.
    Last edited by DMC; 01-26-2020 at 01:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Embassy hit by rockets today but with Kobe and Corona, not much of a story.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rushed Coronavirus Experimental Vaccine To Be Tested On You, US Iraq Embassy Hit & Gaza Under Attack

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It goes back to that presidential roast he attended. Don't think Trump ever got over that.
    it was the WHCD, White House Correspodents Dinner. Obama and Seth Meyers unloaded on Trash.

"At the time, Trump was in his heyday of promoting the “birther” conspiracy theory about President Barack Obama and hinting at a possible run for office the following year.

Taking advantage of his attendance at the dinner, Obama dug in to Trump to poke fun at the real estate mogul’s business dealings and doubts about

the president’s place of birth. Here is what he
    said at the time.

"Donald Trump is here tonight. Now I know that he’s taken some flak lately.

But no one is happier—no one is prouder—to put this birth certificate matter to rest than The Donald.

And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter:

Like, did we fake the moon landing?

What really happened in Roswell?

And where are Biggie and Tupac?

All kidding aside, obviously we all know about your credentials and breadth of experience.

For example … no seriously, just recently, in an episode of Celebrity Apprentice, at the steakhouse,

the men’s cooking team did not impress the judges from Omaha Steaks.

And there was a lot of blame to go around, but you, Mr. Trump, recognized that the real problem was a lack of leadership,

and so ultimately you didn’t blame Lil Jon or Meat Loaf, you fired Gary Busey.

And these are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night.

Well handled, sir. Well handled.

Say what you will about Mr. Trump, he certainly would bring some change to the White House."

The skewering of Trump did not end with Obama —

Seth Meyers, host of the dinner that year,

took aim at the Trump for several minutes,

complete with an imitation of the future president."

https://time.com/4756751/donald-trump-white-house-correspondents-dinner/

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Casualties Baghdad Embassy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Donald Trump is here tonight. Now I know that he’s taken some flak lately.

But no one is happier—no one is prouder—to put this birth certificate matter to rest than The Donald.

And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter:

Like, did we fake the moon landing?

What really happened in Roswell?

And where are Biggie and Tupac?

All kidding aside, obviously we all know about your credentials and breadth of experience.

For example … no seriously, just recently, in an episode of Celebrity Apprentice, at the steakhouse,

the men’s cooking team did not impress the judges from Omaha Steaks.

And there was a lot of blame to go around, but you, Mr. Trump, recognized that the real problem was a lack of leadership,

and so ultimately you didn’t blame Lil Jon or Meat Loaf, you fired Gary Busey.

And these are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night.

Well handled, sir. Well handled.

Say what you will about Mr. Trump, he certainly would bring some change to the White House."
    ROFL...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50 cases of brain damage -to US troops from Iran missile

numbers keep growing -

but I don't believe it - because Dear Leader sez no injuries - nothing to see here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ".....No, I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it's not very serious," Trump replied during a news conference.

An influential veterans group demanded Trump apologize for those comments.

"The VFW expects an apology from the President to our service men and women for his misguided remarks," William "Doc" Schmitz, Veterans of Foreign Wars national commander, said in a statement Friday.

"And, we ask that he and the White House join with us in our efforts to educate Americans of the dangers TBI has on these heroes as they protect our great nation in these trying times. Our warriors require our full support more than ever in this challenging environment," Schmitz added.

The most common form of TBIs in the military are mild TBIs, according to the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center...."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/polit...ike/index.html

Thread Information