Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    She's one of just two or three that are anti-war. Is that no moderate?
    Maybe I’m just stubborn but I still consider anti-war to be a liberal stance...I know the Dems love war these days, but her anti-war is what makes Tulsi a classic liberal imo (also a reason id be supporting her if she was polling better, she’d probabky be my top choice ignoring the fact she has no shot at the primary)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's one of just two or three that are anti-war. Is that not moderate?
    anti-war, anti-defense spending has long been considered a left wing position tbh ... remember the hippies? remember how all the warhawks are right wing neocons like graham/bolton/pompeo etc?

i will agree that a lot of dems have been less passionate about that position. its part of why people further to the left have been very critical of obama/hillary for their foreign policy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp about to rethink his tulsi fanhood after hearing she is actually very far left wing and that chump would vote for her

but be brave derp, dont give up. just remember when she said mean things about hillary and posted sweaty workout videos! you know, the only reasons you ever liked her to begin with

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I’m just stubborn but I still consider anti-war to be a liberal stance.
    Because there's plenty of Repub regimes for which the media made out the Dems to be the anti-war party. You're a victim of the propaganda.

Even when Obama was warring all over the place, the media played it down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I’m just stubborn but I still consider anti-war to be a liberal stance...I know the Dems love war these days, but her anti-war is what makes Tulsi a classic liberal imo (also a reason id be supporting her if she was polling better, she’d probabky be my top choice ignoring the fact she has no shot at the primary)
    the only republicans i can think of who have been strongly anti-war have been ron/rand and they're libertarian, not staunch conservatives

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp about to rethink his tulsi fanhood after hearing she is actually very far left wing and that chump would vote for her
    Tulsi's unequivocally the best presidential candidate on the Democratic side. There's nothing to rethink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because there's plenty of Repub regimes for which the media made out the Dems to be the anti-war party. You're a victim of the propaganda.

Even when Obama was warring all over the place, the media played it down.
    thats a big reason why progressives have been critical of the obama administration for not left wing enough

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only republicans i can think of who have been strongly anti-war have been ron/rand and they're libertarian, not staunch conservatives
    Media loves to spotlight warring redneck mentalities. Most conservatives are war adverse, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anti-war, anti-defense spending has long been considered a left wing position tbh ... remember the hippies?
    Sure, if we're going to go back to 1962. A lot of those hippies are now Repubs and not for these wars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, if we're going to go back to 1962. A lot of those hippies are now Repubs and not for these wars.
    yes a lot. their names are ron and rand paul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media loves to spotlight warring redneck mentalities. Most conservatives are war adverse, tbh.
    not the elected ones

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes a lot. their names are ron and rand paul
    yes a lot. their names are bernie and tulsi gabbard.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not the elected ones
    On both sides.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yes a lot. their names are bernie and tulsi gabbard.
    When it went to a house vote, Republicans were 215-6 in favor of the war in Iraq, Dems were 126-81 against

When it went to a senate vote, Republicans were 48-1 in favor while Dems were 29-21 in favor

Sorry but Dems as a whole are way more anti-war than Republicans are.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it went to a house vote, Republicans were 215-6 in favor of the war in Iraq, Dems were 126-81 against

When it went to a senate vote, Republicans were 48-1 in favor while Dems were 29-21 in favor

Sorry but Dems as a whole are way more anti-war than Republicans are.
    For a Repub president, bruh.

You're deluding yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    263 out of 270 republicans voted for the war

but they're more anti-war than the dems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tulsi's unequivocally the best presidential candidate on the Democratic side. There's nothing to rethink.
    I still don't think this country has evolved to the point of electing a female POTUS. There's still a male dominance effect where protection is considered. It's not like the POTUS is going to wrestle anyone to the ground, maybe a reporter, but I think some have a hard time with the concept of having a female in charge in times of crisis. Consider half the population is female, only 13% or so is black. We've had a black POTUS, not a female one.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dems got their war and their narrative.

Lite and Will don't know how s games work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont you remember romney/obama debates about military spending? trump always talks about wanting to spend more on military. this isn't some radical concept derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems got their war and their narrative.

Lite and Will don't know how s games work.
    so your argument is that those dems who voted against the war actually really wanted the war

oh ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Republicans are anti-Dem, and Dems are anti-Republican. Whatever one sides garners praise for supporting, the other side will likely try to show it in a negative light and disavow support for it until social media punishes them, then they'll trickle back to a median.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    dont you remember romney/obama debates about military spending? trump always talks about wanting to spend more on military. this isn't some radical concept derp
    Remember how bat the Fox News crowd went when Obama wanted to phase out obsolete military technology and stop spending money on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are anti-Dem, and Dems are anti-Republican. Whatever one sides garners praise for supporting, the other side will likely try to show it in a negative light and disavow support for it until social media punishes them, then they'll trickle back to a median.
    no.

dems overwhelmingly voted for AUMF in 2001. they didnt fight it just because republicans wanted it.

hawks have overwhelmingly leaned right, its not exactly up for interpretation. this is just another weak attempt at both sides

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    the Democrats in Congress literally just passed a resolution to block Trump from taking military action against Iran without Congress approval, but cocaine Mitch blocked it once it got to the senate.

sounds like more neoconservative Democrats trying to bully those sweet pacifist republicans into another war!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should AOC leave the democratic party?

Thread Information