Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    How did this thread reach 3 pages?
    Good question. Shtick nation doing his thing. Don’t get why mono is getting so upset by it

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    That Charger team was mediocre compared to their previous SB compe ion tbh. It is close between Young and Montana, however. If Young had won in the late 90s with TO I'd agree with you.
    Young would've gotten six or more rings if the 49ers had inserted him into their lineup when they got him. Of course, I understand why that didn't happen.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Good question. Shtick nation doing his thing. Don’t get why mono is getting so upset by it
    I think the black QB thing is a sensitive subject for him. He hasn't responded every time I've advanced this theory.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Young would've gotten six or more rings if the 49ers had inserted him into their lineup when they got him. Of course, I understand why that didn't happen.
    Possible. He was the Rodgers to Montana's Favre.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because spurraider21 is on your ignore list.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    mono had to view post to know i was talking about him before he went out of his way to post that

claims to ignore and does just the opposite

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Top 5 choke of the 2000's

Especially if Jackson is awarded with regular season MVP

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

Damn, dude. You're turning on all your fellow chumpettes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    mono had to view post to know i was talking about him before he went out of his way to post that

claims to ignore and does just the opposite
    Hmm. From whom have I seen this type of rhetoric before?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    More MVPs than Playoff wins

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    No. Flacco had one fluke playoffs run and was absolute trash. He was benched in Denver too

No. Flacco had one fluke playoffs run and was absolute trash. He was benched in Denver too
    Flacco's 2012 run was one of the biggest anomalies in sports history. He was a mediocre to bad QB for most of his career, yet somehow became a GOAT-level QB for 4 weeks or so to carry a team to a SB

Foles was similar, I guess, but that Eagles offense was stacked.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Flacco's 2012 run was one of the biggest anomalies in sports history. He was a mediocre to bad QB for most of his career, yet somehow became a GOAT-level QB for 4 weeks or so to carry a team to a SB

Foles was similar, I guess, but that Eagles offense was stacked.
    Yep. He was benched and Jackson lead Ravens to playoffs. Ravens would be 7-9 with Flacco. Jackson perfomance in playoffs so far is abysmal but at least they are in the playoffs.
    To be fair, I think Jackson will be exposed next season just like Kaepernick before him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    lol Flacco

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yep. He was benched and Jackson lead Ravens to playoffs. Ravens would be 7-9 with Flacco. Jackson perfomance in playoffs so far is abysmal but at least they are in the playoffs.
    To be fair, I think Jackson will be exposed next season just like Kaepernick before him
    Yeah Jackson clearly isn’t the answer but neither is the Down syndrome face guinea. He’s been a ty QB in the regular season and playoffs outside of one 4 game exception.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    He's 12th all-time in career playoff passing TDs. Has more road playoff wins than any other QB. He was one awful Lee Evans drop away from back-to-back Super Bowls. He has a better playoff record than Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Struggle Wilson

I don't understand why people act like it was only one year, tbh. January Joe has always been a thing.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Flacco would've been the better option tonight.
    It's only January but this might hold as the stupidest opinion for 2020

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's only January but this might hold as the stupidest opinion for 2020
    I fully expect for Andy to take over all top 10 spots.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Greg Roman deserves a lot of blame yesterday too. Abandoned the running game way too early, their running backs had what, 9 carries? I thought going for it on 4th and 1 early was a panic-move as well imo. They clearly looked like the better team until that decision even when down 7-0. Just punt the ball, pin them deep, and then get it back and score. When you're the better team, play the long game don't play "high reward, high risk" early on especially when you know you're not a come from behind kind of team.

tbh it felt like The Bot was out there calling the game for Baltimore imo

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He's 12th all-time in career playoff passing TDs. Has more road playoff wins than any other QB. He was one awful Lee Evans drop away from back-to-back Super Bowls. He has a better playoff record than Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Struggle Wilson

I don't understand why people act like it was only one year, tbh. January Joe has always been a thing.
    Take away that one year and he’s 6-5 all time in the playoffs with 14 touchdowns and 10 picks. Not bad, but far from spectacular.

Most importantly though, he hasn’t even been in the playoffs since 2014, so when you say January Joe “has always been a thing”, it clearly hasn’t been a thing for 5+ years

His road wins in the playoffs are also largely a function of him being on stacked teams that underachieved during the regular season. He’s also had plenty of stinkers in the playoffs (2009 against Indy, 2010 against Pittsburgh, even in 2011 he was by no means lights out against a mediocre New England defense).

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Ravens will be just fine with Jackson. Didn't he have almost 500 total yds yesterday? He did well enough.

That was a strange game last night. ans capitalized every opportunity they had and the Ravens just found different ways to up (yeah, Jackson ed up in 2 of those but when they were already in desperation mode with the game out of reach).

I know the funny thing is to put this on Jackson, but last night's loss wasn't on him, imho.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Ravens would be just fine with Jackson. Didn't he have almost 500 total yds yesterday? He did well enough.

That was a strange game last night. ans capitalized every opportunity they had and the Ravens just found different ways to up (yeah, Jackson ed up in 2 of those but when they were already in desperation mode with the game out of reach).

I know the funny thing is to put this on Jackson, but last night's loss wasn't on him, imho.
    If the game was decided by who chimped around and racked up a bunch of yards between the 20 yard lines then yeah he played great, but he didn’t do well enough when his team only puts up 12 points.

Still better than Joe “hasn’t played past December in over 5 years” Flacco though

Ravens will be just fine with Jackson. Didn't he have almost 500 total yds yesterday? He did well enough.

He was pretty terrible, tbh. Their receivers were even worse, but still. His yardage was mostly garbage time against a defense playing conservatively after going up 14-0. The balls he threw were wobbly and too slow the entire game, the CBs made a break on them every time.

It's dumb to write him off completely, he still led a team to a first round bye and this is a league where most of the QBs are always mediocre or worse anyways, but he needs to keep working on his game. He has looked bad in the only 2 playoffs games of his career, so far, Peyton Manning style.

You can't succeed long term in a gimmick offense. People here troll about Cam Newton, but at least he could run a real offense to compliment his running style. Jackson needs to develop into a QB who can run a real offensive style when a team adjusts.

Baltimore should also draft receiving help.
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 01-12-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Take away that one year and he’s 6-5 all time in the playoffs with 14 touchdowns and 10 picks. Not bad, but far from spectacular.

Most importantly though, he hasn’t even been in the playoffs since 2014, so when you say January Joe “has always been a thing”, it clearly hasn’t been a thing for 5+ years
    Take away "that one year" and he still has two other AFC le game appearances that they lost by single digits. One of them is a win if Lee Evans just catches a perfectly-thrown pass. You'd think a Patriots fan wouldn't be so quick to dismiss January Joe, since he took a wet on your defense several times in the playoffs

Thread Information