Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Take away "that one year" and he still has two other AFC le game appearances that they lost by single digits. One of them is a win if Lee Evans just catches a perfectly-thrown pass. You'd think a Patriots fan wouldn't be so quick to dismiss January Joe, since he took a wet on your defense several times in the playoffs
    Didn’t even bother addressing the fact “January Joe” hasn’t played a game in January since the 2014 season

Outside of that one year, when did Flacco take a on the Patriots in the playoffs? You’re just making stuff up now with the “several times” bull

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ravens will be just fine with Jackson. Didn't he have almost 500 total yds yesterday? He did well enough.
    Just like last year, most of Lamar's stats came once the opposing defense started playing safe and conservative with a big lead. Most of his passes were ducks that gave his receivers no chance to make plays. The ans forced him to throw and he was terrible.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    If the game was decided by who chimped around and racked up a bunch of yards between the 20 yard lines then yeah he played great, but he didn’t do well enough when his team only puts up 12 points.

Still better than Joe “hasn’t played past December in over 5 years” Flacco though
    But that's what I'm saying, Jackson played well enough to put way more than just 12 pts.

First drive: Ravens doing their thing untill that Ravens' TE turned a reception into an interception (turning point in the game).

Then: Horrible play call by the coaches in 4th and inches.

Before the half: have to settle for a FG because of time when they looked primed to score a TD.

And un the second half there was another horrible call in 4th and inches.

Besides all that his receivers dropped like 7, 8 passes.

Maybe I shouldn't have said Jackson played "well enough". He just wasn't as bad as 12 pts would suggest.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Just like last year, most of Lamar's stats came once the opposing defense started playing safe and conservative with a big lead. Most of his passes were ducks that gave his receivers no chance to make plays. The ans forced him to throw and he was terrible.
    Jackson already had the entire ans team beat on total yds by halftime.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    But that's what I'm saying, Jackson played well enough to put way more than just 12 pts.

First drive: Ravens doing their thing untill that Ravens' TE turned a reception into an interception (turning point in the game).

Then: Horrible play call by the coaches in 4th and inches.

Before the half: have to settle for a FG because of time when they looked primed to score a TD.

And un the second half there was another horrible call in 4th and inches.

Besides all that his receivers dropped like 7, 8 passes.

Maybe I shouldn't have said Jackson played "well enough". He just wasn't as bad as 12 pts would suggest.
    Going line by line:

First drive I agree wasn’t his fault, but it was a poorly thrown pass. Good enough for the TE to grab it, but not a well thrown ball.

Horrible play call on 4th and inches - First it many examples of Jackson stalling out near the red zone and allowing Tennessee to force a 4th down. Further, they’re able to stack the box against him because he can’t throw accurately.

before the half - had to settle for a field goal because of ty black QB-style clock management. Jackson burned through a ton of time huddling up because his primitive tribal brain can’t run a no huddle

second half 4th and inches - same as above, the ans were playing a bend but don’t break strategy which is how he racked up yards but couldn’t get points.

Post Count
    Jackson already had the entire ans team beat on total yds by halftime.
    The ans were given good field position by an interception and a stupid penalty by Lamar on their first touchdown drive and a failed conversion attempt on 4th-and-short to set up their second touchdown. Then they went soft on defense for the rest of the half.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Didn’t even bother addressing the fact “January Joe” hasn’t played a game in January since the 2014 season

Outside of that one year, when did Flacco take a on the Patriots in the playoffs? You’re just making stuff up now with the “several times” bull
    Doubtful that Clipper Nation is going to be providing examples to back up his “several times” comment

Post Count
    Doubtful that Clipper Nation is going to be providing examples to back up his “several times” comment
    He outplayed Brady in the 2012 AFC le game and put up 4 touchdowns and 31 points on your ass in Foxboro in 2015.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He outplayed Brady in the 2012 AFC le game and put up 4 touchdowns and 31 points on your ass in Foxboro in 2015.
    so you’re two other examples are games the Patriots won?

Thats probably why I can’t remember the other “wet s” he’s ostensibly taken on the Patriots....most people who aren’t re ed don’t view games where team A won as games where the QB on team B took a “wet ” on team A.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 01-12-2020 at 02:07 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I mean it's pretty simple. The Ravens had 3 turnovers, were 0-4 on fourth downs, had to settle for field goals and couldn't stop Henry on defense.

But hey maybe Eli would be a valid option at QB next year though tbhimobbq

Post Count
    so you’re two other examples are games the Patriots won?

Thats probably why I can’t remember the other “wet s” he’s ostensibly taken on the Patriots....most people who aren’t re ed don’t view games where team A won as games where the QB on team B took a “wet ” on team A.
    The first game is a win if Lee Evans makes what should be an easy catch for any NFL receiver. The second game is a win if their defense doesn't blow both of the two-touchdown leads Flacco gave them. He wasn't doing the Lamar Jackson "stat-padding against prevent defense" routine.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I mean it's pretty simple. The Ravens had 3 turnovers, were 0-4 on fourth downs, had to settle for field goals and couldn't stop Henry on defense.

But hey maybe Eli would be a valid option at QB next year though tbhimobbq
    Na Eli had a playoff appearance in 2016, way too recent. Ravens need to bring January Terry (Bradshaw) of retirement, hes a proven playoff performer.

Post Count
    It's pretty simple. The ans forced Lamar to throw the ball, and he couldn't do it.

Can't say I'm surprised that a Peyton fanboy is defending a known playoff choker with two of the most embarrassing one-and-dones in playoff history, though.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The first game is a win if Lee Evans makes what should be an easy catch for any NFL receiver. The second game is a win if their defense doesn't blow both of the two-touchdown leads Flacco gave them. He wasn't doing the Lamar Jackson "stat-padding against prevent defense" routine.
    Great, and if my uncle had a pussy he’d be my aunt.

These are the “wet s” I’m supposed to remember, the games that Flacco almost won but didn’t win

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You guys remember the wet, steamy s Tom Brady took on the Giants in both Super Bowls? If not for a fluky helmet catch and a Wes Welker drop the Patriots win both games!!!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Tbh it’s a stain on flaccos resume that he couldn’t even make the playoffs with a supporting cast capable of going 14-2 with a gimmicky chimp who’s wildly innacurrate throwing into tight windows.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was referencing your cuck-like behavior and the comparison to blake.

I agree that Jackson shined in the reg. season. That doesn't matter for much if he's choking in the postseason.

Flacco would've been the better option tonight.

Also at Pat bandwagon now 49er bandwagon boy trying to boast of a higher level of understanding based on his fandom selection.
    Jackson did not choke. I've seen that take on Twitter and the only ones saying it are dummies and suspected racists.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Jackson did not choke. I've seen that take on Twitter and the only ones saying it are dummies and suspected racists.
    He did't. He's just not that good.
    And Lamar was bad against ans. if someone criticizes Lamar for his perfomance yesterday, that doesn’t mean that he’s stupid or racist. He deserved to be criticized
    Last edited by i'm_still_beta; 01-12-2020 at 02:44 PM.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Going in Ravens we’re scary...maybe the favorite. They looked so good during the regular season. But the bright lights of the big game seemed too much for the young QB who had three poor turnovers.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple. The ans forced Lamar to throw the ball, and he couldn't do it.

Can't say I'm surprised that a Peyton fanboy is defending a known playoff choker with two of the most embarrassing one-and-dones in playoff history, though.
    What's hilarious is you guys waiting until after the game to post this thread. Not a peep out of you or derp calling for a statue pocket QB before the game.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah Jackson clearly isn’t the answer but neither is the Down syndrome face guinea. He’s been a ty QB in the regular season and playoffs outside of one 4 game exception.
    i dont know how that's "clear"... he just played his 2nd NFL season and is going to be the league MVP. his passing improved by miles from last year (led the league in TD passes during the season). no reason to see why he cant continue to improve. their only halfway decent WR was a rookie (hollywood).

Post Count
    Flacco isn’t in his prime anymore. He’s absolutely terrible now. Do you think the Niners should bring Joe Montana back to start next week because of all his playoff success?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i dont know how that's "clear"... he just played his 2nd NFL season and is going to be the league MVP. his passing improved by miles from last year. no reason to see why he cant continue to improve.
    We’ve seen this before. Gimmicky pavement ape has a lot of short term success as a run first QB, everyone declares him the great black hope, and within 2-3 years he can’t get a starting job again.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    spurstalk seems to think that every team that doesnt have an all-time great qb like brady/rodgers/brees/mahomes is doomed for mediocrity and shouldnt be taken seriously until they land one.

and really, outside of brady, its not like those guys have been cashing in the superbowls. rodgers has 1. brees has 1. peyton had 2*.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    We’ve seen this before. Gimmicky pavement ape has a lot of short term success as a run first QB, everyone declares him the great black hope, and within 2-3 years he can’t get a starting job again.
    who are the guys you are thinking of that were declared the great black hope?

all i can really think of are RG3 (rookie of the year who took those skins to the playoffs, and then shanahan broke him. he hasnt been the same athlete since that surgery) and kaep. that whole niners team collapsed around kaep though

otherwise i can easily point to russell wilson as exactly the kind of guy you (and spurstalk) was writing off as another gimmick who wouldnt last. now he's an elite qb. mike vick wasn't going to lose his job anytime soon before his legal issues, and then he came back and up put a historic season with the eagles too. as much as we bag on cam, injuries have played a big role in his demise, too. he was always flawed but had been an above average player for the better part of a decade

Thread Information