Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Ingram wasn't even on the table unless Spurs took Deng or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you guys meddling over what raw average player you guys want. And here I am just enjoying DD playing at a high level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs want to move on, they'll let him roll off rather than take out some other team's trash. Bird rights also no longer convey on a S&T.
    WTF do you need bird rights for if you sign him to a multi-year deal? Last time I checked the Clippers got Lou Williams and Montrez Harrell for CP3. I wouldn't call that return trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's had some high scoring games this season, but tbh I can't recall another game besides yesterday's win where he either controlled the basketball and didn't turn it over, or made free throws in crunch time.
    The revamped offense give him more space to operate. That leads to fewer TOs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF do you need bird rights for if you sign him to a multi-year deal? Last time I checked the Clippers got Lou Williams and Montrez Harrell for CP3. I wouldn't call that return trash
    Because it's more money? Obvious Answers for 600, Alex... Kawhi lost $39M with no Bird rights on signing with the LAC. In the past, the agent would have pressured a S&T to get those Bird rights. It's to encourage players to re-sign with their clubs.

Oh, and Sweet Lou and Trez, while not inherently trash, is probably worse than what we got for our All NBA player. Not even close to an equal return on a certain HOF player who is leading the NBA in clutch stats this year on a team that most picked to nosedive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in NOLA ingram is first score option, in LA kuz is third/fourth. thats the reason why ingram puts 20+ ppg and kuz plays under his potential.
    No, kuz was untouchable. Go and read some articles about it.
    Wow, I did some digging and it really was Kuzma the untouchable one. I stand corrected, and was misremembering - just another example of LOLakers missing out on a guaranteed ring with Nephew by stinging out on a 27th pick

As for Kuz > Ingram it's arguably Ingram topping the show so far, and it doesn't have a lot to do with their roles on scoring: Ingram, two years younger, is posting better 3P%, eFG%, FT%, 3 more RBG and 4 more APG, more steals and blocks, and 12 more PPG than Kuzma; all of this with only a 5% difference in USG% (28.6 to 23). They're about equal in offensive rating but a 10 point difference for defensive (113 to 103DEFRTG) and higher TS% also favor Ingram.

Actually, after looking at the stats, I don't really see the argument for Kuzma beyond the hypothesis that he could improve in all categories by simply having more of the offense ran through him, which doesn't seem likely. I'd for sure want Ingram over DeRozan, but not Kuzma, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The revamped offense give him more space to operate. That leads to fewer TOs.
    The guy will turn it over with nary a teammate around him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to stop repeating this . Even Magic came out and said that was never the offer. The offer was Kuz, Hart, and a pick.
    I'd still rather that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's more money? Obvious Answers for 600, Alex... Kawhi lost $39M with no Bird rights on signing with the LAC. In the past, the agent would have pressured a S&T to get those Bird rights. It's to encourage players to re-sign with their clubs.

Oh, and Sweet Lou and Trez, while not inherently trash, is probably worse than what we got for our All NBA player. Not even close to an equal return on a certain HOF player who is leading the NBA in clutch stats this year on a team that most picked to nosedive.
    i was speaking from a franchise perspective. Not many teams can offer him a max and some teams who want that 3rd star might look into doing a S&T

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, I did some digging and it really was Kuzma the untouchable one. I stand corrected, and was misremembering - just another example of LOLakers missing out on a guaranteed ring with Nephew by stinging out on a 27th pick

As for Kuz > Ingram it's arguably Ingram topping the show so far, and it doesn't have a lot to do with their roles on scoring: Ingram, two years younger, is posting better 3P%, eFG%, FT%, 3 more RBG and 4 more APG, more steals and blocks, and 12 more PPG than Kuzma; all of this with only a 5% difference in USG% (28.6 to 23). They're about equal in offensive rating but a 10 point difference for defensive (113 to 103DEFRTG) and higher TS% also favor Ingram.

Actually, after looking at the stats, I don't really see the argument for Kuzma beyond the hypothesis that he could improve in all categories by simply having more of the offense ran through him, which doesn't seem likely. I'd for sure want Ingram over DeRozan, but not Kuzma, tbh.
    Pretty sure the only reason Kuzma was untouchable is because I believe that is the guy the spurs were targeting in the draft instead of Derrick White...

So the lakers were just not going to give the spurs the player they wanted, not that they actually thought he was better than ingram, which he isn't...

And the Spurs were not doing any deal with the Lakers without Kuzma being involved since that is the guy they wanted to draft in the first place...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Amick covered every possibility for DeRozan. Nothing like playing it completely safe.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From work today talked to my co worker who has substantial tie in to Magic FO. He says Magic leaning towards not making any big move trade wise unless an offer made they can't pass on. Everything has been made more complicated due to injury to Isaac, & lesser degree Aminu.

Says DDR is around target 3 or 4 on potential moves & the 3 things that really complicate a deal 1) DDR ability to opt out 2) Magic feel they would need a 3&D guy next to DDR in SL & SA doesn't have one so necessitates a 3 team deal or additional trade 3) in a Gordon/Fournier for DDR deal involving only SA, Magic would want White or KJ or Walker or 1st.

The Isaac injury and real uncertainty if he returns this year is biggest factor in Magic most likely not being aggressive thus deadline and if they do DDR only becomes target if they fail on 1 & 2.
    Last edited by SpaceCoast Spursfan; 01-14-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also said most likely destination for DDR based on talk Magic FO is hearing would be Miami. He would still put probability very low just due to size of trade & complications of multiple team trades.

They have heard framework of 3 team trade between Heat, Spurs, & Kings. Could be 9-14 players involved with the main peices being DDR/Ariza to Heat. Winslow/Bogdanvic to Spurs, and Johnson /Waiters + picks to Kings.

Has heard some combination of additional players to include Dedmon, Joseph, Giles, Ferrell, Onylyk, Robinson, Beli, Forbes, Lyles, and Carroll. To be clear all of these guys not included but rumblings of Miami has different scenarios of this trade on board ranging from 9 to 14 players involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also said most likely destination for DDR based on talk Magic FO is hearing would be Miami. He would still put probability very low just due to size of trade & complications of multiple team trades.

They have heard framework of 3 team trade between Heat, Spurs, & Kings. Could be 9-14 players involved with the main peices being DDR/Ariza to Heat. Winslow/Bogdanvic to Spurs, and Johnson /Waiters + picks to Kings.

Has heard some combination of additional players to include Dedmon, Joseph, Giles, Ferrell, Onylyk, Robinson, Beli, Forbes, Lyles, and Carroll. To be clear all of these guys not included but rumblings of Miami has different scenarios of this trade on board ranging from 9 to 14 players involved.
    Gross

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From work today talked to my co worker who has substantial tie in to Magic FO. He says Magic leaning towards not making any big move trade wise unless an offer made they can't pass on. Everything has been made more complicated due to injury to Isaac, & lesser degree Aminu.

Says DDR is around target 3 or 4 on potential moves & the 3 things that really complicate a deal 1) DDR ability to opt out 2) Magic feel they would need a 3&D guy next to DDR in SL & SA doesn't have one so necessitates a 3 team deal or additional trade 3) in a Gordon/Fournier for DDR deal involving only SA, Magic would want White or KJ or Walker or 1st.

The Isaac injury and real uncertainty if he returns this year is biggest factor in Magic most likely not being aggressive thus deadline and if they do DDR only becomes target if they fail on 1 & 2.

So kj,demar and a first for gordon/fournier? Might b tempted there but with derozans recent play its probably too steep. Forbes,belli and carroll are available though
    Last edited by slick'81; 01-14-2020 at 09:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude if we could get Winslow and Bogdanovich that would be a steal for Demar lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude if we could get Winslow and Bogdanovich that would be a steal for Demar lol
    I'd be all over that deal too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yes please

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just wanted to add he thinks DDR probably isn't traded, and based on the chatter the Magic has heard there isn't much of a market for Derozan (in terms of equitable deals) . He basically this was the best, most equitable deal that he thinks a team is willing to propose. He also said that it's known the Spurs like Bogdan but not sure how they evaluate Winslow & that Winslow is a pretty polarizing talent in terms of varying opinions among scouts/GM. Last he said he would put a little more credence to this trade having a chance of happening because Pat Riley is not afraid to spearhead a big move like this. In the end it would come down to how serious the Spurs are about moving DDR & what they think of Winslow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanted to add he thinks DDR probably isn't traded, and based on the chatter the Magic has heard there isn't much of a market for Derozan (in terms of equitable deals) . He basically this was the best, most equitable deal that he thinks a team is willing to propose. He also said that it's known the Spurs like Bogdan but not sure how they evaluate Winslow & that Winslow is a pretty polarizing talent in terms of varying opinions among scouts/GM. Last he said he would put a little more credence to this trade having a chance of happening because Pat Riley is not afraid to spearhead a big move like this. In the end it would come down to how serious the Spurs are about moving DDR & what they think of Winslow
    We know there isnt much of a market for demar.unfortunately were probably stuck with him do or die

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do not want Winslow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see them trading DeRozan in season.

Bogdanovic is an RFA, but so long as a trade is consummated before July 1st, I believe they can trade his rights.

Winslow would be a tricky fit offensively, adding another sub par shooter and secondary creator. He's a solid defender, but not quite big enough (6'5'', 225 with a 6'10'' wingspan) to defend the elite big wings.

Combined they'll likely cost as much or more as DeRozan does now and would only exacerbate the 1-3 logjam (Winslow can play small ball PF, but that only alleviates it so much).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=w8ks4b7

DeRozan
    Belli

For

Barnes
    Gabriel
    Giles
    Future 1st round pick

Then turn around and trade
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sbro44c
    Aldridge
    Carroll

For
    Whiteside
    Collins
    Trent jr

Roster
    PG- Murray, White, mills
    SG- Walker, Forbes, Trent
    SF- Barnes, Gabriel
    PF- Collins, Gay, Lyles
    C- Whiteside, Poeltl, Eubanks

Giles plays in Austin

Next year the 2 rookies and metu come up.
    Weatherspoon for mills
    Johnson for Forbes
    Metu for Lyles

If samanic and Giles show enough improvement
    Samanic for Gay
    Giles for Eubanks.
    Last edited by palangi; 01-15-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Thread Information