Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Yankees are your moral compass?

Good luck with that, bro.
    No. Just pointing out they had no problems signing Cole while accusing them of cheating while he was on the team. Seems hypocritical

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Just pointing out they had no problems signing Cole while accusing them of cheating while he was on the team. Seems hypocritical
    Yankees are hypocrites and Astros cheated. Your whataboutism failed.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Damn taking losses from their own hometown paper

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Astros will set an MLB record for getting hit by pitch this year.

I feel for my boy djohn but cant say I feel sorry for this team. I dont mind the sign stealing or method but I do think the players showed no contrition and instead acted smugged about it.

Some humility would go a long ways right now.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Astros will set an MLB record for getting hit by pitch this year.

I feel for my boy djohn but cant say I feel sorry for this team. I dont mind the sign stealing or method but I do think the players showed no contrition and instead acted smugged about it.

Some humility would go a long ways right now.
    Humility? When 10 other teams are doing the same but talking instead. Naw em. There wasn’t this level of outrage when the Apple Watch scandal was exposed. It’s hypocritical that back then Articles specifically were written that those watches were no big deal and how everybody cheats. Now it’s a different story. Why apologize for that’s a part of baseball? They shouldn’t have apologized at all.

Manfred knowing the teams that do this and saying nothing, is bull . I get he wants to protect the product. But do a fair investigation of all teams that have been reported.
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 02-27-2020 at 09:16 PM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

once again, it’s a game full of cheating. Mf had pine tar on his neck

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

interesting. I was told there was a distinct advantage, guess not

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I wonder how many of those "sabermetricians" are Astros fans. Newsflash: if there was no advantage, they wouldn't have cheated.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I wonder how many of those "sabermetricians" are Astros fans. Newsflash: if there was no advantage, they wouldn't have cheated.
    It came from an LA paper

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Btw, Carlos Beltran orchestrated it and still hit .231.

of an advantage. Now we know there wasn’t one.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    It came from an LA paper
    and how exactly is that related to being or not being an astros fan?

Btw, Carlos Beltran orchestrated it and still hit .231.

of an advantage. Now we know there wasn’t one.
    so your example of whether cheating did or didn't have an advantage is an old player who was already unproductive, simply being unproductive?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    and how exactly is that related to being or not being an astros fan?

so your example of whether cheating did or didn't have an advantage is an old player who was already unproductive, simply being unproductive?
    is the person an Astros fan? Because it definitely wasn’t mentioned in the LA times was it?
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 02-28-2020 at 01:46 PM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

mono. Got bored, decided to walk down to the park and catch a glimpse at this sexy mf.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    is the person an Astros fan? Because it definitely wasn’t mentioned in the LA times was it?
    did the writer claim to be a "sabermetrican"? Because it definitely wasn't mentioned in the LA times was it?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    did the writer claim to be a "sabermetrican"? Because it definitely wasn't mentioned in the LA times was it?
    The times did. And vetted it.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

mono. Got bored, decided to walk down to the park and catch a glimpse at this sexy mf.
    Its okay kinfolk. Take ya funky ass down 45 and check it out yourself. It’s much better than the silver boot playa

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The times did. And vetted it.
    really? id like to see that. not accusing you of lying. simply curious.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    really? id like to see that. not accusing you of lying. simply curious.
    Arthur is a data scientist who also has worked at the statistics site FiveThirtyEight.com, where he established that a change in the baseballs used in the major leagues contributed to a jump in home run rates, a finding later confirmed by Major League Baseball’s own investigation.
    Arthur’s analysis resembles those of some other experts who have found either a very modest gain from the cheating or one that’s virtually impossible to quantify in the real world.

“The net effect of the banging comes astonishingly close to being zero,” Arthur wrote on Jan. 30. “Nothing. Statistically, for all the work and effort that went into the cheating scheme, the grand result of it ... turned out to be no runs at al

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    “Even if the mystery about what pitch is being thrown is eliminated, there are still a host of other variables to account for (break, location, count, etc.),” wrote Jeff Wiser on Baseball Prospectus. “There’s a lot that still has to transpire before a shared sign results in a well-batted ball with a favorable outcome. Those wrinkles will forever complicate any assessment of Houston’s gains.”

from the same LA times article

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Arthur is a data scientist who also has worked at the statistics site FiveThirtyEight.com, where he established that a change in the baseballs used in the major leagues contributed to a jump in home run rates, a finding later confirmed by Major League Baseball’s own investigation.
    Arthur’s analysis resembles those of some other experts who have found either a very modest gain from the cheating or one that’s virtually impossible to quantify in the real world.

“The net effect of the banging comes astonishingly close to being zero,” Arthur wrote on Jan. 30. “Nothing. Statistically, for all the work and effort that went into the cheating scheme, the grand result of it ... turned out to be no runs at al
    interesting that you use this as evidence that the writer of the article is a sabermetrican

especially considering the name of the writer of the article is Michael Hiltzik, but the sabermetrican named here is Robert Arthur

does he have two names?

“Even if the mystery about what pitch is being thrown is eliminated, there are still a host of other variables to account for (break, location, count, etc.),” wrote Jeff Wiser on Baseball Prospectus. “There’s a lot that still has to transpire before a shared sign results in a well-batted ball with a favorable outcome. Those wrinkles will forever complicate any assessment of Houston’s gains.”

from the same LA times article
    oh I take it back. he has three names. he is also known as Jeff Wiser

i look forward to seeing more analysis from Michael-Robert-Jeff Hiltzik-Arthur-Wiser

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad my Angels don't have any asterisk rings, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad my Angels don't have any asterisk rings, tbh.
    That's cuz they suck ass. The one off championships can be chalk up to complacency by top tier teams. The Yankees had come off a dominating 3 run championship seasons. 02 Angels were just the lucky team who drew the magic number while top tier teams recharged their batteries.

Thread Information