Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's cuz they suck ass. The one off championships can be chalk up to complacency by top tier teams. The Yankees had come off a dominating 3 run championship seasons. 02 Angels were just the lucky team who drew the magic number while top tier teams recharged their batteries.
    I don't chalk it up to that at all. 02 Angels batting order was the best in team history. The starting pitching was among the better staffs in team history with guys like Washburn and Lackey in great form. Scott Shields was an unsung hero as a long reliever too. The Donnelly, K-Rod, Percy combo was lights out, so we pretty much won just about every time when we led through six innings.

The team started 6-14 and still finished with 99 wins and was only not the division winner because that is the year the A's won 20 in a row to finish with 102 wins. The Angels pummeled the Yankees and Twins; it was readily obvious who the better team was. Angels batted around on the Yankees in the clincher. I was at that game; Yankees had no answers for our contact hitters. They were good; but retrospectively, I've never thought we were lucky. We were frankly just better outright. Even when we were letting Game 1 slip, I thought that it was our series and our year.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will amend that the Angels were lucky to beat the Giants when they had us down and had outplayed is in a couple games. I knew we were in trouble when we came out lackadaisical in Game 1 and didn't beat an unspectacular Giants team on that night. I knew they would legit outplay us at least a game or two; so, I thought winning Games 1 and 2 to retain HFA was the key. Then win 1 or 2 of 3 in SF and close it out or have two shots at home to beat an inferior team.

But then the Giants won that first game and had one of their two really good batting games in Game 2 and we needed one of our patented offensive explosions just to avoid complete disaster. And Game 6 again, I was not expecting to be down big; but that was the year of the rally monkey. The rest is history.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    So much for that:

Astros
    Cheating and losing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Red sox thing is still going or are they cleared? Whatever they did wasn't as blatant as the Astros so if they did cheat you have to give them credit for doing it low key and not going full re like with the trash can banging.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So the Red sox thing is still going or are they cleared? Whatever they did wasn't as blatant as the Astros so if they did cheat you have to give them credit for doing it low key and not going full re like with the trash can banging.
    Lol. The Astros didn’t get caught. Fiers ratted. And yes, the Red Sox report will come.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Btw, gotta love the Red Sox approach of “well what we did wasn’t as bad as what they did”, completely forgetting the Sox Got busted in ‘17 using Apple watches to relay signs to the batter. And are now TWO time offenders

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lol. The Astros didn’t get caught. Fiers ratted. And yes, the Red Sox report will come.
    Btw, gotta love the Red Sox approach of “well what we did wasn’t as bad as what they did”, completely forgetting the Sox Got busted in ‘17 using Apple watches to relay signs to the batter. And are now TWO time offenders

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    so still champs

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    then why are you crying so much?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    then why are you crying so much?