Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly ALL red states, mostly slave states, as they never recovered from their traitorous War for Slavery

https://247wallst.com/special-report...dream-is-dead/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once a sadistic, brutal slave state, always a sadistic, brutal slave state

Mississippi Supreme Court upholds

12-year sentence for father of 3 who had cell phone in jail

convicted of violating a Mississippi statute of illegal possession of contraband while incarcerated.

On Aug. 23, 2018, Mississippi judge Mark Sheldon Duncan sentenced Willie Nash to 12 years in prison.

He said that Nash should “consider himself fortunate,” for not receiving a maximum 15 years in prison …

for possessing a cell phone in jail.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1911259

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-14-2020 at 12:06 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If you’ve never read about Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (the place that’s number 1 on OPs list) you should. It’s crazy that a country this rich has holes like that place in it, I think 4 out of every 5 girls born there are either molested or raped before their 18th birthday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you’ve never read about Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (the place that’s number 1 on OPs list) you should. It’s crazy that a country this rich has holes like that place in it, I think 4 out of every 5 girls born there are either molested or raped before their 18th birthday.
    I drove through New Mexico this summer passing through reservation territories. Other than the bigger cities, the whole state seems like a poor hole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blue state

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I drove through New Mexico this summer passing through reservation territories. Other than the bigger cities, the whole state seems like a poor hole
    Yeah I’ve driven through NM too and def agree but I’m talking about a place in South Dakota which is supposedly the worst Indian reservation in the US (most violent, most poor, alcoholism, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has the poorest country in the USA. If I were them, I might considering ditching the reservation status and integrate into the state.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It has the poorest country in the USA. If I were them, I might considering ditching the reservation status and integrate into the state.
    how would a bunch of uneducated dirt poor native Americans integrate with the rest of the state?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the white man has recently removed trials off the reservations, or something like that, so NA's have less say in their "autonomous" reservations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons' house, pho show

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons' house, pho show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Boutons mothers cigarette smoke filled single wide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons' house, pho show
    Damn. Beat me to it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California. The Democrats are in the midst of lower and middle class genocide. They brag about the riches of the state and then beg for money to help the people they wont help with any of the $10s of billions they've generated in the tax revenues that they have yet to announce any major plans for.

LOL, Boutons "oligarchy" doesn't have on Cali Democrats.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Boutons mothers cigarette smoke filled single wide.
    Prolly those ty minature cigars rolled in cigarette tubes that cost like what a loaf of bread costs. I can not imagine them being able to afford real cigarettes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a pretty good doc on this a few months ago, "On a Knife's Edge". Main focus was the struggle to close down a handful of liquor stores. Was just now looking for an update and looks like they were somewhat successful although it didn't really get rid of the alcohol problem.
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...n-south-dakota

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California. The Democrats are in the midst of lower and middle class genocide. They brag about the riches of the state and then beg for money to help the people they wont help with any of the $10s of billions they've generated in the tax revenues that they have yet to announce any major plans for.

LOL, Boutons "oligarchy" doesn't have on Cali Democrats.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I saw a pretty good doc on this a few months ago, "On a Knife's Edge". Main focus was the struggle to close down a handful of liquor stores. Was just now looking for an update and looks like they were somewhat successful although it didn't really get rid of the alcohol problem.
    They never will, imo all making it a dry county does is cripple their economy. In the book I read the author specifically mentioned a liquor store only ~10 miles away from the reservation in Nebraska that was in the middle of nowhere but did an insane amount in sales because of its proximity to Pine Ridge. That’s never getting shut down so might as well have alcohol on the reservation so when its people spend money on liquor it’s not money that leaves the reservation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I forgot, only red states and their small patches of poverty are worth mentioning. We don't need to talk about why 1/3rd of all homeless are in the richest state in the country. Wayyy more happening in small, unknown Indian reservations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot, only red states and their small patches of poverty are worth mentioning. We don't need to talk about why 1/3rd of all homeless are in the richest state in the country. Wayyy more happening in small, unknown Indian reservations.
    poverty? yes

genocide on lower and middle class?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poverty? yes

genocide on lower and middle class?

When Trump's administration is more transparent, is wrong in a major way. I'll just leave it at this; California's erosion is easily the most under reported, under stated issue going on in the US right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They never will, imo all making it a dry county does is cripple their economy. In the book I read the author specifically mentioned a liquor store only ~10 miles away from the reservation in Nebraska that was in the middle of nowhere but did an insane amount in sales because of its proximity to Pine Ridge. That’s never getting shut down so might as well have alcohol on the reservation so when its people spend money on liquor it’s not money that leaves the reservation.
    Iirc, the liquor stores were in a different county. Just right on the other side of the border. Actually, I think it's the one in Nebraska. It was actually a couple of stores but they were owned by the same company.
    What book did you read? I'd be interested in checking it out.

There's a really good book telling the story of the Osage Indians that's pretty recent, "Killers of the Flower Moon". In a nuts , it tells the story of the Osage's and how they became the richest people per capital in the world and then were basically ed out of a lot of it and some murdered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone that has ever watched a classic Western knows Indians can't hold their firewater.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Owsley County, Ky., is . . . not great. It is the poorest county in the United States. It has the second-highest level of child poverty in the country. Almost a quarter of the population under the age of 65 is classified as having a disability. It is 98 percent white. It is an overwhelmingly Republican county.

Owsley County’s median household income is half of Baltimore’s, and its poverty rate is 70 percent higher, but it has a violent crime rate that not only is radically lower than Baltimore’s but much lower than the national average.

The state of the schools in big American cities, for example, is very closely linked to the character of American public-sector unions and to their stranglehold on the Democratic party, which stifles compe ion and innovation and prevents the enactment of measures to ensure basic accountability. Moneyed suburban districts in which there is real school choice — because families can afford to choose — tend to have much better public schools, even where they have a larger share of students in private schools. But, again, there is no straightforward policy narrative: Owsley County’s high-school graduation rate is 28 points higher than the Milwaukee public school district’.

From a great article in the National Review by a Black writer

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...rty-and-crime/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best part is what is one of the main drivers of wealth inequality in the USA is the investment arms of the major public employees/teachers unions such as TIAA
    That invest huge sums in hedge funds and financial services that exploit every loophole to rake in profits to fund the over generous pensions that all state/county and govt employees have essentially given themselves through bad faith bargaining for the last 25 plus years.

The Democratic party can't reign in Wall Street because it's paying its party members retirement incomes that fund the huge houses that lead to zoning restrictions in all the big Democratic run cities that have housing shortages.Gotta laugh,all of the homeless crisis cities with overpriced housing etc are DEMOCRAT party cities.

Thread Information