Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California. The Democrats are in the midst of lower and middle class genocide. They brag about the riches of the state and then beg for money to help the people they wont help with any of the $10s of billions they've generated in the tax revenues that they have yet to announce any major plans for.

LOL, Boutons "oligarchy" doesn't have on Cali Democrats.
    The trend for the last 10 years is a massive transfer of wealth and property from poor and middle class people to corporations and billionaires. We're currently at Gilded Age levels of inequality.

Trump and Republicans have done nothing to reverse the trend. It's not California or Democrat specific.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chucho is so goddamn ING STUPID, evidenced by his anti-California bias.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trend for the last 10 years is a massive transfer of wealth and property from poor and middle class people to corporations and billionaires. We're currently at Gilded Age levels of inequality.

Trump and Republicans have done nothing to reverse the trend. It's not California or Democrat specific.
    its exacerbated in areas with abnormally high costs of living, like LA and the Bay Area

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its exacerbated in areas with abnormally high costs of living, like LA and the Bay Area
    No doubt about it. The fees and fines associated with state government also make it worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fact of the matter is Millenials will be worse off than their parents. When a whole generation of people, even those who do the right things (college education, salaried job in your field straight out of college) can't afford buy a home or start a family due to the onerous debt load, society as a whole suffers.

Time for a debt jubilee, tbh. The alternative is the standard of living for everyone being dragged down by debt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's always existed. The wealth gap and the 1% aren't just a decade old. I will disagree. I've been here a full decade this past Dec. 1.

Got here in the peak of the recession. It sucked. 10 years later, the state is doing quite well. Wages are up. The state has surpluses and giant, new tax revenues.

Petty crime is up, more and more students are dropping out, programs removed from public schools due to budget cuts haven't been returned to curriculum with the loads of "progressive" education that has been mandated and added the last 3-4 years.

The massive transfer of wealth hasn't accelerated 300-400x the past 10 years the way the homeless population in California has.

It's not a government problem. What California is experiencing is inherent to the people running this place, their complete disregard and refusal to address the issues. The costs of living are high, I understand that, but even with the MASSIVE influx of people moving away from the expensive areas into the lower-cost areas (again, I'm at ground zero for all of this)...

The government squeezed out over 250,000 SMB jobs in most of these smaller markets. These jobs didn't die, they went over state lines where you can own a business, give your employees a liveable wage and actually make some money. You don't get a $20k "pay your share despite already paying all of your taxes, but we're broke" tax bill from the state because we're in debt to the feds.

You have to live here and be in it to know it. Sorry, but I just can't buy your line here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fact of the matter is Millenials will be worse off than their parents. When a whole generation of people, even those who do the right things (college education, salaried job in your field straight out of college) can't afford buy a home or start a family due to the onerous debt load, society as a whole suffers.

Time for a debt jubilee, tbh. The alternative is the standard of living for everyone being dragged down by debt.

This is another issue. Not everyone is going to have the same standard of living, but that isn't a reality this generation will hear.

Most of us just don't want to save money. Period. We live to live outside our means and keep pace with the higher standards of living of those that can truly afford it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Anyone that has ever watched a classic Western knows Indians can't hold their firewater.
    In all seriousness they actually are genetically prone to becoming alcoholics. Asians are the opposite where they have some genetic feature which makes it unlikely for them to ever be alcoholic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California. The Democrats are in the midst of lower and middle class genocide. They brag about the riches of the state and then beg for money to help the people they wont help with any of the $10s of billions they've generated in the tax revenues that they have yet to announce any major plans for.

LOL, Boutons "oligarchy" doesn't have on Cali Democrats.
    California has actually been running a budget surplus and the new tax bill Trump passed takes some of Cali's income and redistributes that money to red states and makes them California's welfare babies actually.

California's real problem is all the NIMBY liberal suckers who won't allow anyone to build any ing housing. How hard is it to just build more ing houses.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it really comes down to this...would you rather live in a rural redneck town where you don't have waste an hour in traffic jam to get to work? Where you don't have to wait big lines at the bank to cash your paycheck? Where you can literally get to anywhere in 5-10 minutes?

Or would you rather live in a diverse urban/suburban crowded town where traffic jams are almost a must? Where there are different options of grocery stores, clothing stores, hospitals, gyms, etc.?

Both styles of life have their pros and cons IMO.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    California has actually been running a budget surplus and the new tax bill Trump passed takes some of Cali's income and redistributes that money to red states and makes them California's welfare babies actually.

California's real problem is all the NIMBY liberal suckers who won't allow anyone to build any ing housing. How hard is it to just build more ing houses.
    The red states have always been California’s welfare babies when you look at tax revenue vs. gubbamint en lements that go towards each state

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think it really comes down to this...would you rather live in a rural redneck town where you don't have waste an hour in traffic jam to get to work? Where you don't have to wait big lines at the bank to cash your paycheck? Where you can literally get to anywhere in 5-10 minutes?

Or would you rather live in a diverse urban/suburban crowded town where traffic jams are almost a must? Where there are different options of grocery stores, clothing stores, hospitals, gyms, etc.?

Both styles of life have their pros and cons IMO.
    Wait in line at the bank to cash your paycheck? Who the still does that

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Iirc, the liquor stores were in a different county. Just right on the other side of the border. Actually, I think it's the one in Nebraska. It was actually a couple of stores but they were owned by the same company.
    What book did you read? I'd be interested in checking it out.

There's a really good book telling the story of the Osage Indians that's pretty recent, "Killers of the Flower Moon". In a nuts , it tells the story of the Osage's and how they became the richest people per capital in the world and then were basically ed out of a lot of it and some murdered.
    Name of the book is Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt, by Chris Hedges.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always see a lot of Mexicans inside and outside the banks on Fridays tbh , most of them look like they work in construction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where in Cali are people not allowed to build? I was in the Bay all weekend and all over apartment/condo/town home complexes are being built. The skyline looks like 80's Miami with all the cranes.

New developments are all over here in the Central Valley (Sacramento to Fresno, basically) as we see 1,000's and 1,000s of people getting squeezed out of the Bay and moving here, which has driven rents through the roof.

Here is another instance of the state Democrats being disingenuous as only they can be- to make it look like they were helping with the rent gouging, they passed a Rent Cap law...but gave Landlords a notice and basically said "make sure you poach the out of them before you can't." Unmitigated nightmare for a LOT of people here. Modest 800 sq. ft. 2 bed homes that were $1k went to $1,600.00 literally over night for a lot of people going month to month. It drove many, many people to the streets.

If not the most corrupt, certainly the most disingenuous state government.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

...Next to "whitey", the banks are the biggest boogeymen of mistrust for poor people. We wanted to give direct deposit to our employees and we needed 80% (25 employees) participation. We found out 50% of our employees didn't want it because they didn't have bank accounts.

That "I hate that because I ed it up" syndrome. Probably because of garnished wages of some sort or hot checks and, either way, can't get a bank account.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best part is what is one of the main drivers of wealth inequality in the USA is the investment arms of the major public employees/teachers unions such as TIAA
    That invest huge sums in hedge funds and financial services that exploit every loophole to rake in profits to fund the over generous pensions that all state/county and govt employees have essentially given themselves through bad faith bargaining for the last 25 plus years.

The Democratic party can't reign in Wall Street because it's paying its party members retirement incomes that fund the huge houses that lead to zoning restrictions in all the big Democratic run cities that have housing shortages.Gotta laugh,all of the homeless crisis cities with overpriced housing etc are DEMOCRAT party cities.
    Where did you pick up this talking point?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone that has ever watched a classic Western knows Indians can't hold their firewater.

ah yes-

hollywood never ever resorted to any tired stereotypes at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where in Cali are people not allowed to build? I was in the Bay all weekend and all over apartment/condo/town home complexes are being built. The skyline looks like 80's Miami with all the cranes.

New developments are all over here in the Central Valley (Sacramento to Fresno, basically) as we see 1,000's and 1,000s of people getting squeezed out of the Bay and moving here, which has driven rents through the roof.

Here is another instance of the state Democrats being disingenuous as only they can be- to make it look like they were helping with the rent gouging, they passed a Rent Cap law...but gave Landlords a notice and basically said "make sure you poach the out of them before you can't." Unmitigated nightmare for a LOT of people here. Modest 800 sq. ft. 2 bed homes that were $1k went to $1,600.00 literally over night for a lot of people going month to month. It drove many, many people to the streets.

If not the most corrupt, certainly the most disingenuous state government.
    How have you not been following the SB50 debates and battles?

There is also an excess of taxes and costs and other they do in Cali to where in some cases it cost like $80k to even break ground in some cases. If you want to hit Dems in California their policies which make housing prices exorbitant and preventing building of new houses is the ticket. Especially bashing these hypocrite head liberal NIMBY neighborhood orgs is the way to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesnt even matter that much what kind of housing it is too much either. Even if it is upper middle or even upper class housing studies or apartments show that people who got promoted or saved money up will move from lower middle class housing to the upper middle classes and it will create more vacancies in the lower middle class market.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is also an excess of taxes and costs and other they do in Cali to where in some cases it cost like $80k to even break ground in some cases. If you want to hit Dems in California their policies which make housing prices exorbitant and preventing building of new houses is the ticket. Especially bashing these hypocrite head liberal NIMBY neighborhood orgs is the way to go

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah yes-

hollywood never ever resorted to any tired stereotypes at all
    Coming from you, that's ironic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of these people that bash housing that gets built if its too nice literally dont know that as people go through life and save up their earnings and get promotions they graduate from smaller apartments/condos/houses to bigger ones. And that when bigger ones get built there will then be smaller ones empty from the people who left them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine knowing less about housing than a ing s fish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It doesnt even matter that much what kind of housing it is too much either. Even if it is upper middle or even upper class housing studies or apartments show that people who got promoted or saved money up will move from lower middle class housing to the upper middle classes and it will create more vacancies in the lower middle class market.
    cant speak for CA as a whole, but one of LA's biggest issues is the disproportionate amount of single family residences compared to apartment/condominium projects.

Thread Information