My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is tl;dr:?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yr 3rd quarter summary. Just to be more succinct . That's about the time Bryn excited and never saw the court again. It can't be jus a coincidence?.. haha

Thanks for grades as always

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Leader; DeRozan

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

too long
    didn’t read

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice read. Thanks Timvp
    Is anyone else concerned, the write ups always say, something about Dejounte's inability to run the offense properly or get the team in its sets properly or quickly. Does he not have natural point guard skills, or is due to being out of basketball for a year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not an A for Pop?

He coached a good game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too long, didn’t read

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice read. Thanks Timvp
    Is anyone else concerned, the write ups always say, something about Dejounte's inability to run the offense properly or get the team in its sets properly or quickly. Does he not have natural point guard skills, or is due to being out of basketball for a year.
    he is just not very good at dribbling and thus protecting the basketball, so a little pressure already forces him into decision making i.e. he is probably not where he needs to be to feed LA or he takes his man off the dribble without know ing what to do next ... shoot or pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice read. Thanks Timvp
    He reminds me a lot of Collin Sexton from the Cavs in that aspect. He's a very good and quick scorer, has a shooting touch (that needs a lot of practice), but lacks the raw playmaking skills that White has. I don't say he lacks vision because he makes very good defensive reads, but he's certainly lacking in how he sets plays and teammates up offensively. I would love to see him run as a SG alongside White; this leaves him free for cutting/off-ball movement, which he also has to work on, and eases him into being more of a catch-and-shoot player (a role he seems to be more comfortable in than pulling up, as we saw a couple games ago where he went 3-4 from deep, all CnS) since he also needs to learn to stop passing up open looks from 3.

I don't know what personal vendetta Pop has against the White/DJ pairing since it really looks like it could take the team to the next level (not even going to mention putting Lonnie in the mix there). I'm waiting for a reporter to ask him about it so he can do it the next game and pretend it was always a part of the plan, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with using Bellinelli to play situational minutes. Especially if it ends up working out like it did Sunday. Just hope Pop doesn't use it as an excuse to make him DeRozan's full-time back-up again.

Speaking of DeRozan, he's playing out of his mind. This is how I envisioned him playing before I gave up on him. Relentless attacking the basket, solid playmaking, with some midrange sprinkled in. Maybe it was LMA clogging up lanes that was holding him back all along. He's been looking like a legitimate Top 15/Top 20 guy the past few weeks, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me a lot of Collin Sexton from the Cavs in that aspect. He's a very good and quick scorer, has a shooting touch (that needs a lot of practice), but lacks the raw playmaking skills that White has. I don't say he lacks vision because he makes very good defensive reads, but he's certainly lacking in how he sets plays and teammates up offensively. I would love to see him run as a SG alongside White; this leaves him free for cutting/off-ball movement, which he also has to work on, and eases him into being more of a catch-and-shoot player (a role he seems to be more comfortable in than pulling up, as we saw a couple games ago where he went 3-4 from deep, all CnS) since he also needs to learn to stop passing up open looks from 3.

I don't know what personal vendetta Pop has against the White/DJ pairing since it really looks like it could take the team to the next level (not even going to mention putting Lonnie in the mix there). I'm waiting for a reporter to ask him about it so he can do it the next game and pretend it was always a part of the plan, tbh.
    Someone asked him few weeks ago, he said that....“We’d like to play (White) and Dejounte together a little bit more.” -----> https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...urray-together

But since that, nothing changed.... i really don't understand why he did not play them together for just some minutes.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-1 on this nightmarish stretch and 11-8 since November 29th. It’s a far cry from the old days but it’ll do, it’ll do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone asked him few weeks ago, he said that....“We’d like to play (White) and Dejounte together a little bit more.” -----> https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...urray-together

But since that, nothing changed.... i really don't understand why he did not play them together for just some minutes.
    Lol at saying "we'd like to play them together..." as if he wasn't the single sole person calling the shots on rotations with both players healthy, available, RIGHT THERE. What is that "we" even referring to, the Spurs as an organization? This has got to be the most intriguing thing about Pop's rotations right now. Playing his pets, I can understand, distrusting young players, I can also understand, but not playing your two best defensive guards together when you're bleeding points or the other team has stars at the 1-2 like Rockets? Simply unexplainable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spot on with the assessment of what Murray currently is. It’s going to a uva thing once he puts all the pieces together.

Regarding Lyles... too low of a grade. He has his moments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. I don't agree with Pop B+. I think he should've inserted his best defenders when Spurs were up 7 points and could've protected the lead better, instead of Beli and Mills out there. Spurs were lucky Siakam's point blank layup did not go in, otherwise Pop would be getting F for that debacle. Also I didn't like that he pulled Lonnie for Beli. Raptors was just missing shots and Beli was non-factor. I bet Lonnie could've done 1-3 from the arch also with better defense.

I think Spurs just got really lucky with the win with Raptors missing shots. Because going forward, I like for Pop to commit with an iden y, defensive that is and stick with it. Spurs cannot outscore opponents with Forbes/Mills/Beli out there, hitting 29% from the arch. Rather those guys should be used sparingly for instant offense, and go back to Aldridge opening the lanes with his outside shots, and Demar/Lonnie/White attacking the rim, run transition offense, and play hard in-your-face defense.

It's a fool's gold that Spurs won this game. I'm happy but would not take much from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam seemed rusty...Which is scary, tbh. The guy is a baller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the great write-up. That was a great come from behind win and the zone defense was the difference maker. Erasing that big lead took a lot of determination and the team was playing great, no fluke about it. Them making the three 3 in a row was scary, but we answered and won a tough game on the road. This team is figuring a few things out it would appear. The Bucks and Boston wins looked solid....think I'll re-watch the Boston game tonight since they are probably at the beach, smoking Cuban cigars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. I don't agree with Pop B+. I think he should've inserted his best defenders when Spurs were up 7 points and could've protected the lead better, instead of Beli and Mills out there. Spurs were lucky Siakam's point blank layup did not go in, otherwise Pop would be getting F for that debacle. Also I didn't like that he pulled Lonnie for Beli. Raptors was just missing shots and Beli was non-factor. I bet Lonnie could've done 1-3 from the arch also with better defense.

I think Spurs just got really lucky with the win with Raptors missing shots. Because going forward, I like for Pop to commit with an iden y, defensive that is and stick with it. Spurs cannot outscore opponents with Forbes/Mills/Beli out there, hitting 29% from the arch. Rather those guys should be used sparingly for instant offense, and go back to Aldridge opening the lanes with his outside shots, and Demar/Lonnie/White attacking the rim, run transition offense, and play hard in-your-face defense.

It's a fool's gold that Spurs won this game. I'm happy but would not take much from it.
    This. Great game by DD but....

Not sure why Nurse stuck with Siakam as long as he did. Not sure if he was afraid of upsetting his star or what. But he hurt them in the 2nd half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of DeRozan, he's playing out of his mind. This is how I envisioned him playing before I gave up on him. Relentless attacking the basket, solid playmaking, with some midrange sprinkled in. Maybe it was LMA clogging up lanes that was holding him back all along. He's been looking like a legitimate Top 15/Top 20 guy the past few weeks, tbh.
    Definitely. Those 3 steps a defender has to come out on LMA gives tons more maneuver room to DD.

Not sure if Grandpa had an oxygen mask on pre game or if LMA is acting on his own.
    Either way, it helps a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murry is not a good enough ball handler to be a great or even maybe good point guard. I don't know where he fits. Dribbling is the first thing we learn at our Daddy's knee or on the public courts. He missed out somewhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murry is not a good enough ball handler to be a great or even maybe good point guard. I don't know where he fits. Dribbling is the first thing we learn at our Daddy's knee or on the public courts. He missed out somewhere
    Always thought he was better as a 2 or 1.5

Trying to force him into a 1 mode is messing with his game imo.
    Put all 3 youngins and and let them work it up the court however / whoever. Bet that will work great. We'd have kick ass transitions.
    White DJ IV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always thought he was better as a 2 or 1.5

Trying to force him into a 1 mode is messing with his game imo.
    Put all 3 youngins and and let them work it up the court however / whoever. Bet that will work great. We'd have kick ass transitions.
    White DJ IV
    Demar is showing to be the better PG, those late 4th quarter him setting the offense was great. You know a Patrick Beverly would not pick it from him. Murray is more suited as combo guard/3 and D if he can knock those open 3's. But I'm more confident with Demar or White closing, who can both pick their defender and shoot off the dribble or attack the rim.

Thread Information