Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think White holds more value because he hasn't been paid yet, the team that gets him in a trade would have him as a restricted free agent. they'd be able to negotiate a new deal is apposed to another team doing it and then trading him.
    If you're looking at it from the other team's perspective...

From the Spurs' perspective, I prefer to keep Derrick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A well-run organization who makes the playoffs (even the 8 seed) will be fine.

A well-run organization who doesn't make the playoffs will also be fine.

A poorly-run organization who makes the playoffs will have problems.

A poorly-run organization who doesn't make the playoffs will also have problems.

So the question isn't so much whether the Spurs make the playoffs, but whether they are a well-run (or poorly-run) organization.

Since most of the people who want to tank also think the Spurs are a poorly-run organization, there's really no hope. At least not for them.

Sorry to break it to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're looking at it from the other team's perspective...

From the Spurs' perspective, I prefer to keep Derrick.
    If the Spurs find some nineteen-year-old they really like, I would definitely be willing to move White in a deal to move up. Otherwise I'm fine with White but think he just pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bold prediction....the pelicans will make the playoffs.

not counting Zion at all if the other players on the team are healthy (which they haven’t been most of the year) they are tough to beat. Now that the non-Zion players are healthy...watch out .

I also agree if the Pelicans stay healthy they will take the 8th spot in the playoffs this season

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it's not the spurs' decision.

grizzlies 22-24 now; spurs 20-25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Grizzlies Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No sense making the playoffs now. Whatever small minimal chance the Spurs has of competing with LA is now gone. Pop will definitely waive the white flag so Lebron can win the championship as a Laker in Kobe’s honor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I don't want the Ball kid in the draft that is for sure..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And looking back at this article, I think this was the wrong question. They have been trying to make the playoffs. That was their goal. The fact they are trying and still are struggling should be very eye opening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And looking back at this article, I think this was the wrong question. They have been trying to make the playoffs. That was their goal. The fact they are trying and still are struggling should be very eye opening.
    The Spurs team has been trying to make the playoffs all season. Pop has been hindering from doing it all season as well. I'm fine with a 9th-10th place now: I see clearly the Spurs need to have the wheels fall off as embarrassingly as possible, giving us the best chance of Pop finally hanging it up. We need a serious infusion of new blood at the helm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A well-run organization who makes the playoffs (even the 8 seed) will be fine.

A well-run organization who doesn't make the playoffs will also be fine.

A poorly-run organization who makes the playoffs will have problems.

A poorly-run organization who doesn't make the playoffs will also have problems.

So the question isn't so much whether the Spurs make the playoffs, but whether they are a well-run (or poorly-run) organization.

Since most of the people who want to tank also think the Spurs are a poorly-run organization, there's really no hope. At least not for them.

Sorry to break it to you.
    Great point. You can't just blow it up and expect to get better. How many times has Phoenix blown it up, and they still probably won't make the playoffs? Spurs fans who say blow it up, while also saying PATFO suck should pucker their buttholes and get ready for 10 years of mediocrity.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point. You can't just blow it up and expect to get better. How many times has Phoenix blown it up, and they still probably won't make the playoffs? Spurs fans who say blow it up, while also saying PATFO suck should pucker their buttholes and get ready for 10 years of mediocrity.

A one-year tank, good draft pick, and clearing some dead wood like Forbes and Beli is not the same thing as blowing it up. I don't know what the other ass clowns are talking about, but that's all I've ever talked about.

The Spurs have been trying to win, and they can't. The tanking around the league has picked up pace (especially in the East), and the Spurs would now have a really tough time getting a bottom 10 record now. At this point, it really doesn't make much difference at all whether they make the playoffs or not. Maybe 2-3 slots in the draft. That could be a big deal, but I'm not excited about it like I would have been with a 7-8 pick.

They have taken the middle road on everything. Nothing could be more likely to result in 10 years of mediocrity.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it was never up to the spurs.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Popovich continues to start Bryn Forbes. There has been no major adjusments to the starting five since Lonnies only appearance awhile back. The team stars are a playing better, yet this team continues to lose ground in the win column and 8th spot.

The question should be is gregario serious about making the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would making the playoffs be the goal? The team is sub .500 and not playing to a level to get excited about. Team needs to more future focused plan going forward and making the playoffs with this current group shouldn’t be it. Wiseman or bust is my motto but getting the young guys more minutes and experience is important

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would making the playoffs be the goal? The team is sub .500 and not playing to a level to get excited about. Team needs to more future focused plan going forward and making the playoffs with this current group shouldn’t be it. Wiseman or bust is my motto but getting the young guys more minutes and experience is important
    They are trying to win games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft this year is historically weak. There is not much to gain by tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The san antonio gregg's are TRYING to make the playoffs, but this roster is such trash they can't win Dumb ass FO. "100% obsessed with making the playoffs" That statement is going to make PATFO look even more stupid when they don't make it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the difference when you won't make the playoffs anyway? Would you rather play for nothing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great but no everyone is talking about making the playoffs with a sub .500 record. Winning games should always be the goal and championships not making the playoffs. I like that they went on a good run and it’s winning games but I hate y’all of making the playoffs without speaking of roster improvements

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This thread is just loaded with ty takes. Not to worry, though. In a year or two, the same people will have forgotten they ever said these things, and posting things like: "I TOLD you all the Spurs should have tanked so they could pick XXXXXX in that 2020 draft."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great but no everyone is talking about making the playoffs with a sub .500 record. Winning games should always be the goal and championships not making the playoffs. I like that they went on a good run and it’s winning games but I hate y’all of making the playoffs without speaking of roster improvements
    For a fanbase that always speaks of not mortgaging the future, some here really don't seem to give a damn about the future right now because - as things stand - we don't have much of one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is just loaded with ty takes. Not to worry, though. In a year or two, the same people will have forgotten they ever said these things, and posting things like: "I TOLD you all the Spurs should have tanked so they could pick XXXXXX in that 2020 draft."
    You’re right. They will. Hopefully someone calls them out on their bull

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok ill go and make the statement now. Spurs are NOT making the playoffs this year. There call me out in April if a miracle happens and they make it. Anyway weak draft or not they need to grab the best player available and hope for the best. There isnt a “one” player savior plan. Right now as the spurs roster stands they aren’t good enough to do any winning or some how ready to upset a 1 seed western conference team. Some guys are just upset and sad that a 20 year plus streak is about to end thats what all this back and forth is really about.

Thread Information