Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In response to what he described as “credible intelligence” of threats of violence at an upcoming gun rights rally in Richmond, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has declared a state of emergency and will temporarily ban individuals from carrying firearms on Capitol grounds.

The governor said at a press conference Wednesday that authorities believe “armed militia groups plan to storm the Capitol” during the January 20 rally.

He also said that law enforcement had intercepted threats and “extremist rhetoric” similar to what was observed prior to the violent Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville in August 2017. “We will not allow that mayhem and violence to happen here,” he said.

The decision to ban all weapons, including firearms, won’t sit well with the thousands of gun lovers who are expected to descend on Richmond to participate in what was billed as an open-carry affair and an opportunity to flex Second Amendment rights.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9...rm-the-capitol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VA is wild about gunz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VA is wild about gunz.
    yeah, 91 of the 95 counties (and a bunch of the independent cities) have called themselves "sanctuary counties" for gun rights even though it has zero legal effect, as counties/cities are direct subordinates to the state (unlike the sanctuary states vs federal government).

luckily its not nutty where i am. charlottesville is among the independent cities that has not joined, nor has albermale county (where charlottesville geographically sits)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're Muslim amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're Muslim amirite?
    Afghan Kabob is one of the better places to eat around here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no "credible intelligence” of any upcoming violence. This move is meant to trigger gun owners and discourage them from showing up at the rally.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blackface governor is whack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no "credible intelligence” of any upcoming violence. This move is meant to trigger gun owners and discourage them from showing up at the rally.
    How do you know there’s no credible threat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same militia groups threatened to shut down the WA capitol a couple months back.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same militia groups threatened to shut down the WA capitol a couple months back.
    Terrorists tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blackface governor is whack.
    But gun control was great when it was Reagan enacting it after blacks brought guns to the state capitol. NRA was down too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is no "credible intelligence"? How do you know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But gun control was great when it was Reagan enacting it after blacks brought guns to the state capitol. NRA was down too.
    If BLM were a self-defense/open carry group, you can be sure the the pro-gunz crowd here would be calling for background checks, registration and other "reasonable limitations" -- just like Governor Blackface.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Afghan Kabob is one of the better places to eat around here
    Is there a actual restaurant or is it all food trucks? All I saw were the food trucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a actual restaurant or is it all food trucks? All I saw were the food trucks.
    Where were you? I haven’t seen a single food truck here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where were you? I haven’t seen a single food truck here
    nvmnd I just looked at my pictures. there were a lot of kabob trucks in the ntl mall when I was there for Christmas and thought that was what y'all were talking about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VA is wild about gunz.
    Like any state (even CA, OR,WA), rural VA, not within the agglomeration of Wash DC and other cities, is wild about gunz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nvmnd I just looked at my pictures. there were a lot of kabob trucks in the ntl mall when I was there for Christmas and thought that was what y'all were talking about.
    No way... you were at the national mall at XMAS? That is where my family took our vacation. DC is wonderful at that time of year. Hotel downtown was CHEAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way... you were at the national mall at XMAS? That is where my family took our vacation. DC is wonderful at that time of year. Hotel downtown was CHEAP.
    Sorry, I was in the DC area for Christmas and visited the ntl mall a few days after. My inlaws live in Ft. Belvior(right outside of DC) so we go every other year. I agree it is beautiful that time of the year and I always look forward to to visiting. N

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I was in the DC area for Christmas and visited the ntl mall a few days after. My inlaws live in Ft. Belvior(right outside of DC) so we go every other year. I agree it is beautiful that time of the year and I always look forward to to visiting. N
    We were in DC the whole week. Took lots of pictures. Ate some Ethiopian food, and had the best meal of my life at The Pig. If you get a chance, go.

https://www.thepigdc.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were in DC the whole week. Took lots of pictures. Ate some Ethiopian food, and had the best meal of my life at The Pig. If you get a chance, go.

https://www.thepigdc.com/
    thanks for the rec.

its about a 2.5 hour drive for me to get into the heart of DC now, so its definitely a place we want to go for some weekend trips. havent had a chance to venture out there since my move, but def want to. i've only been once for about 10 days and i loved every second of it, though that was in the spring

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't blame you,if I was stuck in Ft Belvoir Id spend as much time as possible in DC.
    That part of VA blows big time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for the rec.

its about a 2.5 hour drive for me to get into the heart of DC now, so its definitely a place we want to go for some weekend trips. havent had a chance to venture out there since my move, but def want to. i've only been once for about 10 days and i loved every second of it, though that was in the spring
    Not kidding about the meal. It was astounding, and the service was perfect. I was pretty floored. I get to eat in a lot of fancy places on my employers dime, but this modestly expensive meal tops them all.

Definitely see the FDR memorial. It has an exhibit for the blind that consists of a wall with a brass inset with braille inscriptions and "pictures" that are either raised or sunk in. (it is between the Jefferson and MLK, along the river)

That national art gallery was good. The architecture is amazing.

Best gift shop was the National Archives, oddly enough. Bought a coffee cup, and the tissue they used to wrap it had the Delcaration of independence on it. Kept that .

Also visited my platoon sergeants grave at arlington and visited the tomb of the unknowns. I was a bit aghast that Arlington has a gift shop. :/

(edit)

FWIW, during XMAS week, a hotel, the Westin, 6 blocks from teh white house was about 94 per night before taxes for a family of four. Made the whole trip affordable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/16/u...gun-rally.html

Thread Information