Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong.
    Based on what you implied in the discussion environment is passed on genetically.

So for your old terms.

Nature is DNA (and RNA is some viruses).
    Nurture is the environment that acts on the cell or cells via the DNA (not only instructs, but is passed on). The environment can also change the genetic material (DNA), known as mutations in an individual cell or cells, and the genetics (DNA) of and entire population (thru natural selection, etc...)

Your statements regarding the above indicated you do NOT understand this. And thus my assertion based on your science is perfectly valid.
    I can go through it if you wish.
    But you are busy, and so am I.
    Respond if you wish and I will walk you through it.
    I really dont think you want that. Your choice.
    I never said that. Show me a quote.

I feel you 're using a bit of a sophist argument.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the Muslim terrorism threat is MUCH MUCH WORSE

Beyond Monday's gun-laden march in Richmond, militias' plans for a 'civil war' look to go national

Thanks to an encouraging tweet from Donald Trump, militias around the United States are preparing to assemble in Richmond, Va., on Monday, to protest gun-control legislation—many vowing to bring their guns,

The Monday protest—which extremist groups are calling the “Boogaloo,” a reference to their long-hoped-for opportunity to declare a civil war against liberals—has inspired a number of such groups to declare their intent to show up fully armed.

Infowars’ Alex Jones has preemptively declared that any violence that occurs will be a “false flag,” and

has said he will be in Virginia to observe, because

“we’ve had two revolutionary wars basically start in Virginia, and

it looks like one may start again.”

Among the “Patriot”/militia organizations planning to attend are 3 Percent militia groups around the country, as well as the Oath Keepers, who specialize in recruiting military and law-enforcement veterans.

Stewart Rhodes ... made clear his intent to use the event as an opportunity to ins ute “cons utionalist” rule in Virginia and elsewhere. Oath Keepers lost in their paranoid, ignorant fantasies

The violent nature of the “Boogaloo” was emphasized this week by the FBI’s arrests of seven members of The Base, a neo-Nazi paramilitary group openly dedicated to training for a “race war.”

a number of them have been indulging in violent rhetoric while discussing their options.

The invading army of paranoid “Patriots” have received official encouragement both

from Trump (which was, in typical fashion, somewhat indirect) and

from religious leaders such as the Rev. Jerry Falwell Jr., who
    called for “civil disobedience” in response to the Legislature’s planned gun-control measures.

“I’m pretty sure only pretty sure?

I’m gonna call for civil disobedience if the Democrats go through with this," Falwell said. “

A number of the militia groups that plan to be in Richmond on Monday include organizations that were banned by court-ordered consent agreement from Charlottesville, Va.,

These include far-fight social-media personality

Tammy Lee, a self-described Charlottesville organizer, who has been promoting an event called “Militias March on Richmond” and intends to bring her group, “Declaration of Restoration.” Others include such militia figures as

New York Light Foot Militia member George Curbelo and

Pennsylvania Light Foot Militia member Christian Yingling.

J
    oshua Shoaff, another social-media personality operating under the under the pseudonym “Ace Baker,” not only has been urging his audience to attend the rally, but has been issuing death threats to an African-American Virginia legislator,

“You should be pulled out of office by the hair on your head, walking down the streets of the capital, walked up to the steps of a swinging rope that’s placed around your neck, because you, sir, are a tyrant and you’re committing treason,” Shoaff said.

rifle says I’m a free man.”

Among the most disturbing communications are those emanating from the far-right “Patriot” organization Oath Keepers.

“We are confident that many within the National Guard and State Police will refuse those orders and will stand down, but

we want to maximize that outcome and

we want to

prepare the people of Virginia for the worst case scenario

of attempted use of force by the Governor to carry out his orders.”

Rhodes explained that he wants to use the opportunity arising in Virginia to realize a longtime “Patriot” movement fantasy:

Namely,

establishing “cons utionalist” counties in which federal laws are null and void,

and the county sheriff is the highest law in the land.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1912573

what a silly mob of puerile, paranoid assholesl. Like Bible humpers, they make up , therefore it must be true, and are ready to kill for it.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-20-2020 at 02:14 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said that. Show me a quote.

I feel you 're using a bit of a sophist argument.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...ychology+Today

Post 284

Don't be dense. Biological factors mean "nature". Environmental factors mean "nurture". You don't get to redefine terms to suit the corner you've painted yourself into.

This is patently wrong. We now know that nature is DNA, genetic material that is passed down and tells the how to construct themselves basically. The environment, nurture, is everything that affects the genetic material and how it is expressed.

Last edited by pgardn; 01-19-2020 at 10:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 01-20-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please, if any you Oath Keepers, Black Rifle members, and other hyper patriotic militia gun-fellatin s are in Richmond, keep us updated with ST posts and vids.

Thanks

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at all these dorks.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at all these dorks.

I know I feel protected from the deep state and of course our regular troops.
    Boots would love a showdown with the cops, Waco style.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See if you can pick out TSA and Qhris.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at these people trying to protect American rights against under attack from anti American Dems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at all these dorks.

Tacticool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at these people trying to protect American rights against under attack from anti American Dems.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Insurrection against the USA good now.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Party of diversity wants America to be exactly like the 30 other countries they prefer to America. A non leftist America is actually a more diverse world. Sorry guys but you are just spewing bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    founders rebelled against a tyrannical government where they were given no representation and were treated unfairly by the crown. there's not much parallel here. the government can pass laws as it deems fit, and if they are uncons utional, it can be taken up in the federal courts

the colonists werent just resisting laws they didnt like, they were pushing back on the sovereignty of the crown over them. virginians taking up arms because they dont like new laws (which are tame) is different than them fundamentally believing that the state doesnt have the legal authority to govern over them

the only people who have a legitimate gripe about representation are those who are disenfranchised by laws that intentionally make it harder for them to vote, and those whose voices apparently dont matter due to the electoral college system

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Party of diversity wants America to be exactly like the 30 other countries they prefer to America. A non leftist America is actually a more diverse world. Sorry guys but you are just spewing bull .
    lol BernieBro

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way this ends is the division of the United States of America. That's just the reality. This is still early days though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Emasculated’ Virginia gun nuts mocked for ‘purchasing toys, dressing up in costumes, and playing fantasy games’

Many of the rally goers came dressed in military camouflage,

while others wore black face-covering masks that looked like the sort of garb warn by Hezbollah militants.

Many of them walked around openly carrying their AR-15-style rifles and

pledged to resist any attempts to restrict their access to deadly weapons.

the protesters inspired a good deal of mockery for what critics described as

an elaborate cosplay that’s more on par with

something you’d expect to see at a Star Trek convention rather than at a serious political rally.

===============

This video illustrates the emasculation of many American males.
    These pathetic boys think you can become a man by purchasing toys,
    dressing up in costumes, and
    playing fantasy games.

https://t.co/g3RFn47b6a

Grant Stern
    ✔@grantstern

Will someone tell these #VirginiaRally goers that

Ronald Reagan started the entire gun control movement for racist reasons because
    he wanted to disarm the Black Panthers who open carried at California's capitol?

Hank Scorpio@42HankScorpio

Worlds Worst ComicCon Ever.
    #VirginiaRally

etc, etc

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/emasculated-virginia-gun-nuts-mocked-for-purchasing-toys-dressing-up-in-costumes-and-playing-fantasy-games/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3530

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol bags

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    founders rebelled against a tyrannical government where they were given no representation and were treated unfairly by the crown. there's not much parallel here. the government can pass laws as it deems fit, and if they are uncons utional, it can be taken up in the federal courts

the colonists werent just resisting laws they didnt like, they were pushing back on the sovereignty of the crown over them. virginians taking up arms because they dont like new laws (which are tame) is different than them fundamentally believing that the state doesnt have the legal authority to govern over them

the only people who have a legitimate gripe about representation are those who are disenfranchised by laws that intentionally make it harder for them to vote, and those whose voices apparently dont matter due to the electoral college system
    Yep. Lazy ass Virginians should have voted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way this ends is the division of the United States of America. That's just the reality. This is still early days though.
    Depends on what you mean by "ends". There will be no division of the US. Texit isn't happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Lazy ass Virginians should have voted.
    they had the opportunity to vote, unlike the colonists. you've got the right to vote, not the right to win an election just because you voted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please elaborate. who is going to be splitting from who? is this going to come from violence? what are the "sides" you see in this conflict?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they had the opportunity to vote, unlike the colonists. you've got the right to vote, not the right to win an election just because you voted
    But they didn't turn out to vote. They still have a right to protest, but it's almost opposite of the taxation sans representation issue. No opinion on political issues means you forfeit your voice. Strapping a gun to your chest via 2pt harness doesn't create a bypass mechanism for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After 4 in Virginia and nobody at the boogaloo shot yet?

Thread Information