Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he just said in an interview recently that he likes playing with the bench unit more than the starters tbh
    Yeah, because saying he hates not starting will do wonders for his playing time with Pop.

And even worse, if he really meant what he said, that is exactly why Pop loves the Euro big men. They’re just “happy to be in the league”.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hawks get: demar, poeltl, belinelli, spurs 2020 2nd round pick

thunder get: dejounte murray, patty mills, bryn forbes, chandler parsons (expiring)

spurs get: cp3, dennis schroder, nerlens noel, deandre hunter

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should the Hawks trade for him? They don't want to get better now. And if they really want him they'll give him an offer sheet after the season has ended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re probably trying to unload one of their picks this summer. In addition to their own, it looks like they possess the Cav’s 2020 pick (They also have the Thunder 2022 pick).

If that is what they are shopping it should tell you a little about how crappy the upcoming class is. Still, a potential Cav or ATL pick in this draft could be interesting, and worth it for ATL too given the glut of youngsters they have already.
    They have their own pick and Brooklyn’s lottery protected one, plus the Thunder 2022 pick which may very likely turn into two 2nd rounders instead. They’re not sending any of these for Poeltl. They’ll offer Bembry who’s having a bit of a down year and with the newly drafted wings they probably don’t want to re-sign him. Damian Jones is another possibility but forget about picks. They din’t even have 2nd rounders to trade until 2022.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see them going after Poeltl for his defense.

Someone needs to mop up after Trae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he just said in an interview recently that he likes playing with the bench unit more than the starters tbh
    cmon man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure how desperate Atlanta is but I’d assume that they are really feeling pressure to get young some help...as he’s not happy with his supporting cast.

DDR and Poetl for Reddish/Parsons/Both 1st Rd Picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be extremely short sighted from the Spurs to trade away Jakob. LMA is 34 and already showing signs of clear regression, and the Spurs don't have any other up-and-coming centers that could sweep in other than Poeltl (Metu is more of a 4 and Eubanks, while possibly a solid bench backup, shouldn't start for any serious team). Jakob has been improving steadily and is a great defensive anchor, he could definitely be starting for us next season with LMA on the bench to lower his playing time. No deal unless Hawks overpay for him tbh

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Poeltl and his future. But let's face it, he wouldn't be used to full advantage. I've said for two seasons - the Spurs are in salary cap , and just about the time they could get out they are going to get handcuffed again because they'll have to start paying their young players.

Trade Poeltl and Beli for Jabari Parker, Vince Carter, and the Hawks next two second round picks. Then bring up either Metu or Eubanks and start looking at who the Spurs want in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mozgov was making like 13 million a year or two ago
    Yeah, but he wasn't SIGNED a year or two ago. Jim Buss gave him that contract in 2016, and he hasn't been running the LA show in a good while. LA had to give up DRuss, who eventually became an All Star, just to dump that filthy contract.

Stick your head in the sand if you like, but the league has changed radically in the last two or three years, and centers, as a group, hold very little value. There are outliers like AD or KAT, but most of them are now pretty interchangeable, not to mention expendable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Poeltl and his future. But let's face it, he wouldn't be used to full advantage. I've said for two seasons - the Spurs are in salary cap , and just about the time they could get out they are going to get handcuffed again because they'll have to start paying their young players.

Trade Poeltl and Beli for Jabari Parker, Vince Carter, and the Hawks next two second round picks. Then bring up either Metu or Eubanks and start looking at who the Spurs want in 2020.
    LMA has given clear signs that he's going back to PDX to finish his career. That could happen via trade, but at the latest, will happen in the summer of 2021, and then Poodle will get all of the minutes he can handle.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA has given clear signs that he's going back to PDX to finish his career. That could happen via trade, but at the latest, will happen in the summer of 2021, and then Poodle will get all of the minutes he can handle.

It's more than just his minutes, IMO. But I don't even know why I'm discussing like this. We all know that the real elephant in the room is that Forbes is going to get a big chunk of cap space to stick around, plus Gay and Carroll are on the books for another $21M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK but Poetl appears to be as good of a shot blocker as there is in the NBA right now. my guess is closer to $10M but $5M seems way too low imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re stuck in the pre three happy pansy ass league time warp, like 2013.
    I'm not. His shot blocking alone should net him more than $5M plus he is a pretty good finisher on pick and roll 2 still important aspects even in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf is Minny doing

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta also frees up a roster spot. This a good thing for SA if they want to clear an extra body.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but he wasn't SIGNED a year or two ago. Jim Buss gave him that contract in 2016, and he hasn't been running the LA show in a good while. LA had to give up DRuss, who eventually became an All Star, just to dump that filthy contract.

Stick your head in the sand if you like, but the league has changed radically in the last two or three years, and centers, as a group, hold very little value. There are outliers like AD or KAT, but most of them are now pretty interchangeable, not to mention expendable.
    Alrighty then. You could have saved that entire second paragraph because you’re preaching to the choir. I didn’t mention Mozgov’s contract as a means of trying to prove centers’ value. I was simply laughing at the ridiculousness of it as the league has changed drastically in regards to the center position. Typing that second portion is about 45 seconds you’ll never get back!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta also frees up a roster spot. This a good thing for SA if they want to clear an extra body.
    i believe the Timberwolves are the ones who opened a roster spot.

Maybe the Timberwolves did this trade for a future trade closer to the deadline??

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe the Timberwolves are the ones who opened a roster spot.

Maybe the Timberwolves did this trade for a future trade closer to the deadline??
    Yep. You’re right. My bad. I thought Atlanta sent two but it was the Wolves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because saying he hates not starting will do wonders for his playing time with Pop.

And even worse, if he really meant what he said, that is exactly why Pop loves the Euro big men. They’re just “happy to be in the league”.
    he said he's more comfortable with that unit, that he has a hard time feeling comfortable with the spacing with LMA. That the bench plays more motion...

it was a translated interview, someone posted it earlier this season here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bench vs starting lineup
    ...He feels more comfortable with the bench, because they play faster, the ball moves more and he's more involved in the pick/roll action. In the starting lineup they have more iso-players and it's harder for him to find his rhythm, but there's also a place for him with the starters, although he has to play more passive...

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...eltl+interview

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've apparently broken off talks with the Pistons for Drummond. Let's hope they shore up the center position before free agency because they have max cap space, so they could conceivably throw a bloated offer sheet ($10-12 million annually?) at him that at the very least gives the Spurs pause.

Probably should have locked him up already, even if it took going slightly higher ($7-8 million annually?) than they'd have preferred. He's one of the few net positive players on this roster and though he lacks ball skills and plays the most over saturated position, he fills a current and future positional need and pending the expected off season trade of DeRozan, could end up the best long term piece from the infamous "trade".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've apparently broken off talks with the Pistons for Drummond. Let's hope they shore up the center position before free agency because they have max cap space, so they could conceivably throw a bloated offer sheet ($10-12 million annually?) at him that at the very least gives the Spurs pause.

Probably should have locked him up already, even if it took going slightly higher ($7-8 million annually?) than they'd have preferred. He's one of the few net positive players on this roster and though he lacks ball skills and plays the most over saturated position, he fills a current and future positional need and pending the expected off season trade of DeRozan, could end up the best long term piece from the infamous "trade".
    Doubt they do that. Trae is already whining about their roster. Gotta keep the baby coddled and swaddled.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hawks get: demar, poeltl, belinelli, spurs 2020 2nd round pick

thunder get: dejounte murray, patty mills, bryn forbes, chandler parsons (expiring)

spurs get: cp3, dennis schroder, nerlens noel, deandre hunter

Who the heck wants CP3 on the spurs, he had lots of chances he didn't even consider the spurs before. Certainly don't whant his s contract or his old ass.

Thread Information