My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DMC agrees

Happy New Decade! Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1... who the F is "Joey" on these boards?

2... Iran and especially Russia have as much, if not more to do with the destabilization of Syria/Iraq than the US/UK/Israel do.

3... The ayatollahs will eventually be kicked out by the millennial generation of Iranians who want freedom, gender equality, secularism, religious and political freedom etc without fear of going to prison or being beat to a pulp with batons by the shia hisbah police

4... while it is probably true that the majority of Iranians under 40 have a more positive view of Americans than they do of the government and ayatollahs, they probably don't like America all that much because they are probably all scared in the corner of their mind that they could go to sleep that night and be radioactive ashes before they wake up.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah.

And the Europeans build a lot of cars in the US supporting about 120,000 jobs.
    This stuff is highly integrated and not as clear cut as it seems.
    What if the European factories in the US were to leave? It certainly would hurt our job situation. But could the Europeans slap us right back without much of a problem?
    Are the Europeans willing to move manufacturing? Bargain with this?

Again the timing and the forceful nature of the US threatening tariffs seems excessive, but background provides some other things to think about.
    So Trump lays down tariffs and the Euros respond by moving some auto plants to ... Ireland. Thats maybe a trade war neither want. It would be helpful if you would give us your thoughts. Our maybe an article with insight into this mess. The Guardian article was very short and explained what Trump is threatening, can the Europeans threaten back?

Its helpful to know this because Trump claims victory on trade with China in certain instances by using problems he created that he has partially "solved" and when one reads deeper it becomes apparent that the sanctions should never have occurred in the first place. So he will produce a problem needlessly so he can claim victory when his administration half ass puts some similar arrangement back in place. Let us know.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner enters negotiations.

Thread Information