Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks that Bryn isn't into drag racing like some past NBA players I can think of tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real Plus Minus of max salary type players & others for this season so far:

LeBron 9.81
    Giannis 7.59
    Harden 6.71
    Kawhi 5.95
    Jokic 4.60
    Siakam 4.06
    Doncic 3.33
    Davis Bertans 3.10
    Lonnie Walker lV 2.47
    Patty Mills 1.98
    Poeltl 1.80
    Lou Williams 1.47
    Jrue Holiday 1.12
    Rudy Gay 1.12
    Lonzo Ball 0.99
    Nemanja Bjelica 0.78
    Rodions Kurucs 0.42
    Jordan Clarkson 0.17
    Ish Smith -0.50
    Frank Ntilikina -0.50
    Demar DeRozan -0.61

And consider that this is after maybe the best run of DeRozan's career, during which the Spurs posted a record of 6-7. He's a workhorse, but unfortunately one that ultimately puts up empty stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OPs edgiest Grade report so far?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real Plus Minus of max salary type players & others for this season so far:

LeBron 9.81
    Giannis 7.59
    Harden 6.71
    Kawhi 5.95
    Jokic 4.60
    Siakam 4.06
    Doncic 3.33
    Davis Bertans 3.10
    Lonnie Walker lV 2.47
    Patty Mills 1.98
    Poeltl 1.80
    Lou Williams 1.47
    Jrue Holiday 1.12
    Rudy Gay 1.12
    Lonzo Ball 0.99
    Nemanja Bjelica 0.78
    Rodions Kurucs 0.42
    Jordan Clarkson 0.17
    Ish Smith -0.50
    Frank Ntilikina -0.50
    Demar DeRozan -0.61

And consider that this is after maybe the best run of DeRozan's career, during which the Spurs posted a record of 6-7. He's a workhorse, but unfortunately one that ultimately puts up empty stats.
    Empty stats? He’s for sure pulling his weight and playing great. What else do you want him to do? it’s comical that you’re placing the blame on him, doesn’t help when he’s on the floor he’s also accompanied by Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we certain that RPM is a useful stat?

Dejounte Murray, -0.16
    Bryn Forbes, -0.97
    Demar DeRozan, -0.61
    LaMarcus Aldridge, -0.74
    Trey Lyles, 0.55

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take literally any other coach in the league, even ing Jim Boylen, and the Spurs are at least .500

I've never been to SA but I'm sure there's not much going on in the city. You guys better throw the biggest celebration that city has ever seen when the old man finally decides he's done ing this team and walks away.

I'm praying for Team USA to get embarrassed this summer, that might be enough for the national media to take notice on just how ing bad of a coach he's devolved into the last 5 years.
    you know it's coming when he picks Plumlee over Bam Adebayo again cause he's a classy young man who doesn't scream after dunks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will never understand why Pop purposefully always has the smallest and least athletic team on the court, while Nurse is playing Lowry/OG/Siakam/Ibaka/Marc, Pop has the audacity to put Mills, Forbes and Marco on the court.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the talk about how Pop treats his stars the same as everyone else, he's had a long habit of scapegoating certain players who get hung out to dry by the bad play of others.

Part of me wants to believe that Pop really is tanking games by throwing the traffic cones out on the floor. But I don't believe it. Something has gone seriously wrong with him. When I look back at things like the West/Diaw Turd Towers, it's getting harder not to think that what has gone wrong is that Duncan isn't here to carry Pop's ego.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point the 5% homer/sniffer/optimist left in me has faith that this is cia tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has completely sucked the life out of me as a fan. I've come to hate Spurs games and pretty much just watch them out of habit at this point. Has nothing to do with the losing either. It's the blatant favoritism and refusal to play the guys we were all excited about coming into the season.

If someone told me he was going to play Brent, Belli, and Wombat more than White, Murray, and Lonnie coming into the season I would've laughed in their face. Yet this is Pop's world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your best grades of the season.....

The Sniff Crew isn't going to like this one, I doubt we'll see any of them comment on this thread
    sniffmvp had to ad + sign on pop grades to satisfy the sniff crew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will never understand why Pop purposefully always has the smallest and least athletic team on the court, while Nurse is playing Lowry/OG/Siakam/Ibaka/Marc, Pop has the audacity to put Mills, Forbes and Marco on the court.

Some years ago, I went with an elderly relative to a pick-your-own apple orchard. When you went in they'd give you a basket, then charge you by the weight when you were done.

The timing was perfect, a lot of great apples ready to pick. I picked half a bushel of some of the best apples I've ever seen.

There were also some apples that had already fallen, and hadn't been cleaned up yet, so they were still on the ground. They were bruised, had insect damage from ants, and were starting to shrivel, and starting to rot where the bugs had chewed on them. My elderly relative filled his basket with those, that he picked up off the ground, instead of picking good ones from the trees.

Since the orchard charged by weight, he had to pay the same for those as I paid for the good ones I picked. I don't know why he did that. I didn't mention it, and didn't ask. It was his choice, for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I don't get is what the has happened to Carroll. Tonight would have been the best place to give him some run, but dude is no where to be found. Is he that underwhelming in practice? I mean I can't remember anytime they brought someone in like this in the off season and we never see him play. How the do we get more minutes for Marco instead?
    He has to have ed up behind the scenes. Pop gave KJ minutes over him in one of the recent blowouts and yesterday Carroll was in a suit while KJ was on the bench. It's a huge you to him by Pop at this point.

My guess is at some point, probably when Belli started off the season shooting 20% and Pop still force fed him minutes, Carroll complained about not getting a fair chance. He's not wrong but it's also a good way to permanently get in Pop's doghouse.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point the 5% homer/sniffer/optimist left in me has faith that this is cia tank
    Same. It feels like he's doing just enough to keep a glimpse of hope, but is low key shooting for a lottery level player to add to the current talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. It feels like he's doing just enough to keep a glimpse of hope, but is low key shooting for a lottery level player to add to the current talent.
    Giving him waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit, bene. I have zero doubt in my mind that he thinks Bryn is much better than Danny ever was. It's possible the senility has him thinking that Forbes is a better Ginobili tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving him waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit, bene. I have zero doubt in my mind that he thinks Bryn is much better than Danny ever was. It's possible the senility has him thinking that Forbes is a better Ginobili tbh.
    I have no doubts that he thinks Brent is better than White, Murray and Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup - also chose Bryn over Danny.

I'm pretty the final straw for Kawhi is when Pop sat him down and said Bryn is your 1B, let's go get that ring....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is sad right here. This kid is busting his ass, when he goes out there he covers the best player and brings to the team something no one else can and Pop pulls his ass for something minimal while Forbes and Marco get bukkaked every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is sad right here. This kid is busting his ass, when he goes out there he covers the best player and brings to the team something no one else can and Pop pulls his ass for something minimal while Forbes and Marco get bukkaked every game.
    So clear in the gif how Lonnie knows he should be out there and knows the game is probably lost even though they're still up... He wants the reps and experience on the court and Pop just plays washed up vets or ing Forbes over him. No reason Lonnie, or DJ or White, should ever be playing less than 30mpg - maybe 25 for DJ until the ASB, but not less. Pop's rotations are probably losing him the locker room as well, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about that so far tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I really feel bad for Lonnie. It's not even fair the way pop is treating this kid this year. I bet Lonnie feel desperate and frustrated because he is about to be in his third year in the NBA and still hardly play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If either of those three went down on the court with an injury, you know Pop would immediately run over to see if Forbes is alright.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with most posted already-

i was enjoying the game and the third qtr just seemed to bring some life to enjoying the game as a fan that cares for this team

then pop benches lonnie for beli and i just tossed the remote-

said “ this- this will be a loss”

and began doing other and left the game on - but i lost any real interest or enthusiasm for the game

- let me be honest

i actually began to HOPE for a loss

that lineup came thru alright

they ensured the game would be lost.

I also lose a lot of interest in watching when i see the starting lineups with Forbes in it

and then whenever pop trots out forbes back after the rest of the team has fought back - only to have garbage like forbes come back and instantly give the opponent a BETTER chance to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's stat-line the last 8:26
    1 turnover
    3 rebounds
    1-2 from the foul line
    1 assist
    1 shooting foul

Another Murray nothing burger. Is there anything he does well besides rebound?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

of course it's the players fault. The head coach is without fault, he does everything right all the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

of course it's the players fault. The head coach is without fault, he does everything right all the time
    He sets them up to fail with his dumb rotations. My dude should look in a mirror.

Thread Information