Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the idea of having Mills on Young was that they'd switch and someone else would end up on him. That whole defensive possession was a mess. I don't think anyone was aware what they're supposed to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs needed this game to better their chance at the 8th seed and couldn’t deliver. Gosh I hope this team doesn’t fall into a playoff spot they far from deserve.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those 4th quarter lineups were out there fro m pop. One thing for sure he wasnt prioritizing defense.

Think the reason for benching Lonnie was a late closeout on three . Just earlier Bryn Layed some matedor D that had Becky up in arms. Would love to see a vid of this to confirm.. I'm still trying to figure out what pop is seeing from player to player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is going on with Pop? Like, even in a computer game, you wouldn't run those lineups. You wouldn't run it in practice either. Like at what point in practice do you say, White your at PF? .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That last three by Huerter certainly wasn't on Murray alone. The Spurs were just (as pretty much all night) too slow to react and switch defensively which caused Poeltl being caught in no man's land while Murray had to guard Poeltl's man down low and then rush to the perimeter to try and contest Huerter's three pointer.
    All in all, just a disastrous and embarrassing loss - and a well deserved one, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That last three by Huerter certainly wasn't on Murray alone. The Spurs were just (as pretty much all night) too slow to react and switch defensively which caused Poeltl being caught in no man's land while Murray had to guard Poeltl's man down low and then rush to the perimeter to try and contest Huerter's three pointer.
    All in all, just a disastrous and embarrassing loss - and a well deserved one, too.

At that moment it was either give up a guaranteed 2 to tie the game or take the chance to close out and attempt to contest a 3. People criticizing Murray but anyone in that situation would have lured towards the paint. Dejounte was caught in a bad position and of course he's getting the blame even though he or Derrick should have been guarding trae to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Automatic F for Pop everytime he plays Brynt more than 5 mins a game.
    Good grades non the less

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is going on with Pop? Like, even in a computer game, you wouldn't run those lineups. You wouldn't run it in practice either. Like at what point in practice do you say, White your at PF? .
    The only problem with the line up is that he did not play DDR as the 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I don't get is what the has happened to Carroll. Tonight would have been the best place to give him some run, but dude is no where to be found. Is he that underwhelming in practice? I mean I can't remember anytime they brought someone in like this in the off season and we never see him play. How the do we get more minutes for Marco instead?

The bottom line with this team is that there's no reason White, Murray and Lonnie shouldn't all be at about 30 minutes per game. I don't know anyone who thinks anything other than mop up time for Forbes is a good idea and here we are halfway through the season with him 3rd in minutes. I could understand going with the vets if it was the better option to make the playoffs this year, but going with the vets is what is dragging down the ing team to begin with. There's zero upside to it so now we're not making the playoffs and we're not getting to see our young players develop. Literally no one is getting what they want out of this season. If we're going to miss the ing playoffs, then at least do it with Lonnie, White and Murray getting to get some ing experience.

For the longest time we've given Pop credit for the Spurs system and he deserves it. But that system relied on good veteran play to go along with stars, and now Pop doesn't have those ingredients and he's unable to bring himself to play the young guys and live with it. This season is playing out in possible the worst manner possible if we're this far under 500 this close to trade deadline but still in the playoff race. Throw in DeMar looking downright ungaurdable and I have no idea how they're going to make a clear decision on what to do in the coming weeks. This version of Demar is someone you keep around for several more years, but is this version of DeMar going to be the real DeMar 2 months from now? if I know. If you're not going to extend him then you really should trade him now and while I didn't want to extend him 20 games ago his play over the past month has been exceptional and it gives me pause.

I just wish we had used the first 40 games to find out what we had in our youth. Feels like we've made up very little ground on that front for the sake of playing Marco and Bryn to the tune of multiple losses squarely at the feet of lineups involving those two. Just a waste.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We are a little more settled on who should be playing, minutes and who should be playing with whom,” Popovich said before Wednesday night's 106-100 loss to the Heat. “That was always a work in progress this season, a really slow start because of that.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pounding the rock has a good article on this loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I started my frantic yelling at the TV when Pop trotted out that Belli, Mills, Forbes line up too. The cherry on top was after that line up gave up the next 6 points, Pop called a timeout and acted all upset with the players, waiving his arms around in animated fashion. He set them up to fail and then blamed them for the error.
    I respect Pop, but he is really losing a lot of that respect this season. If we are going for a lottery pick, just play the young guys and seek out trades for the old. Don't play around with everyone's emotion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just thinking of this song le in connection to the game:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I started my frantic yelling at the TV when Pop trotted out that Belli, Mills, Forbes line up too. The cherry on top was after that line up gave up the next 6 points, Pop called a timeout and acted all upset with the players, waiving his arms around in animated fashion. He set them up to fail and then blamed them for the error.
    I respect Pop, but he is really losing a lot of that respect this season. If we are going for a lottery pick, just play the young guys and seek out trades for the old. Don't play around with everyone's emotion.
    Hit the nail on the head. That's exactly my main issue with him. And not only this season

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I didn't see the game but the grades and write up really reflect not just this game but the entire season. The Spurs are really playing 4 on 5 on offense (nothing from Trey Lyles), to start a game. And play poor defensive lineups throughout a game, and end a winnable game with a loss with head scratching coaching decisions.
    It's time to dump the dead weight to the bench and see what other guys can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your best grades of the season.....

The Sniff Crew isn't going to like this one, I doubt we'll see any of them comment on this thread

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish I didn’t watch this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F+ is still too high for Pop. Spurs already won it with 15 points lead and just need to put it away. Instead Pop wanted to be cute with Forbes/Mills/Beli combination in the crucial 4th quarter? Young is the head of the snake. Why didn’t Pop put his best defender to guard Young? Mills? Unbelievable. How does Pop justify playing Forbes 26 minutes not hitting his 3’s? And getting beat by Huerter? And pulled Walker out on that foul? And inserted Beli??? As if Pop was taunting that Spurs fan. You could see Walker’s disgust. I think he might have said something because his teammates were consoling him like he’s just lost. I mean Pop is just too tough on this kid but let Forbes/Beli slide. It’s disgusting. I haven’t been this upset with Pop with the way he’s handling this team. And I love Pop and what he’s done for the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was soooo painful ((((((((((

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish I didn’t watch this game.
    I quit watching a while ago. It just isn’t good for me mentally and I could be spending time with family. Aside from senile pop making awful coaching decisions, this team just isn’t fun to watch, is boring, plays horrible defense, and I don’t really care for pretty much everyone on the roster. When I do watch the games, I end up rooting for the other team which I absolutely hate doing...another reason I don’t watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F+ is still too high for Pop. Spurs already won it with 15 points lead and just need to put it away. Instead Pop wanted to be cute with Forbes/Mills/Beli combination in the crucial 4th quarter? Young is the head of the snake. Why didn’t Pop put his best defender to guard Young? Mills? Unbelievable. How does Pop justify playing Forbes 26 minutes not hitting his 3’s? And getting beat by Huerter? And pulled Walker out on that foul? And inserted Beli??? As if Pop was taunting that Spurs fan. You could see Walker’s disgust. I think he might have said something because his teammates were consoling him like he’s just lost. I mean Pop is just too tough on this kid but let Forbes/Beli slide. It’s disgusting. I haven’t been this upset with Pop with the way he’s handling this team. And I love Pop and what he’s done for the Spurs.
    Totally agree.

Another issue is Spurs may be the only ATL opponent this season who didn’t attack Young possession after possession. He is a historically bad defender, alas Pop seemed disinterested in utilizing this

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad I missed this one. What a cluster this sounded like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take literally any other coach in the league, even ing Jim Boylen, and the Spurs are at least .500

I've never been to SA but I'm sure there's not much going on in the city. You guys better throw the biggest celebration that city has ever seen when the old man finally decides he's done ing this team and walks away.

I'm praying for Team USA to get embarrassed this summer, that might be enough for the national media to take notice on just how ing bad of a coach he's devolved into the last 5 years.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Hold that nine spot down and get into the lottery tbh

Thread Information