Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has completely sucked the life out of me as a fan. I've come to hate Spurs games and pretty much just watch them out of habit at this point. Has nothing to do with the losing either. It's the blatant favoritism and refusal to play the guys we were all excited about coming into the season.

If someone told me he was going to play Brent, Belli, and Wombat more than White, Murray, and Lonnie coming into the season I would've laughed in their face. Yet this is Pop's world.
    yup. I've been there for awhile, even before this year. I can't stand Forbes getting so many minutes (although it's not his fault he plays so much). Only Pop would play start this unathletic, can't shoot, can't defend, can dribble, can't jump, can't create, can't get separation scrub, and play him soooo many undeserved. I don't even get invested in the games anymore. I watch because Ive been a fan for 35 years, but I have never turned off games early at the rate I do this year.

Pop is sucking the life out of Spurs fans, and nobody is going to call him on it. It's not the losing, it's his stubborn ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

of course it's the players fault. The head coach is without fault, he does everything right all the time

Even is what Pop is saying IS true, nobody gives a anymore. Nobody listens to a damn word this stubborn old curmudgeon has to say anymore. His lineups don't reflect the message he's preaching. Just look at the team USA results.

His time is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I love Pop. There's reasons that he's the goat. But man if I don't just get annoyed at the start of every game when I see Forbes in the starting lineup. I won't be convinced anything has changed until that is not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This pussy front office begging Pop to come back only for him to be the main reason the team sucks this year.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really feel bad for Lonnie. It's not even fair the way pop is treating this kid this year. I bet Lonnie feel desperate and frustrated because he is about to be in his third year in the NBA and still hardly play.
    It ain right. That's his compe ive nature screaming I should be out there. Our senile or tanking coach has forgotten lonnie can win games for ya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At that moment it was either give up a guaranteed 2 to tie the game or take the chance to close out and attempt to contest a 3. People criticizing Murray but anyone in that situation would have lured towards the paint. Dejounte was caught in a bad position and of course he's getting the blame even though he or Derrick should have been guarding trae to begin with.
    No, you stay with your man out on the arc to prevent them from having an open 3 to win the game. Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the talk about how Pop treats his stars the same as everyone else, he's had a long habit of scapegoating certain players who get hung out to dry by the bad play of others.
    That's a myth. It was the case with Duncan, but other than that he always had his favorites and his whipping boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you stay with your man out on the arc to prevent them from having an open 3 to win the game. Period.

Murray did not have a "your man" to stay with in that situation. When Mills and Poeltl doubled Young, it forced zone defense on Murray, White and DDR, because you cannot play man-on-man when it's 3 against 4.

Also, if you watch it, you'll see Collins body up against Murray, to slow him down. It was a designed play by the Hawks. It worked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Empty stats? He’s for sure pulling his weight and playing great. What else do you want him to do? it’s comical that you’re placing the blame on him, doesn’t help when he’s on the floor he’s also accompanied by Forbes.
    Check out his career stats-- unlike every other superstar, he's had mediocre advanced stats for a decade. Do you think it's a coincidence that all of the MVP candidates are in the top 10 for RPM year after year? That's what a superstar is supposed to do-- make your team better while he's on the floor. If not for the bench, the Spurs' record would be worse than it already is. It's comical that you think DeRozan is some kind of a big positive force because he scores a bunch of points. Take a look at Portland now and their winning percentage with Carmelo putting up his points... again, empty stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out his career stats-- unlike every other superstar, he's had mediocre advanced stats for a decade. Do you think it's a coincidence that all of the MVP candidates are in the top 10 for RPM year after year? That's what a superstar is supposed to do-- make your team better while he's on the floor. If not for the bench, the Spurs' record would be worse than it already is. It's comical that you think DeRozan is some kind of a big positive force because he scores a bunch of points. Take a look at Portland now and their winning percentage with Carmelo putting up his points... again, empty stats.
    And what do you think the Spurs record would be without DeMar this season? Also We’re not about to compare Melo to DDR I’m talking about this last stretch the stretch that you brought up. I’m not talking about his whole career. This last stretch he has been great 28/5.7/6/1.2 steals while shooting 63% what else do you want him to do? Pass it to Forbes more often? He deserves a lot of the credit for beating the Bucks, Celtics, and Raptors. I’m not a fan of DeMar but this 6-7 record does not fall on him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy thing is SA record could be worse! They won like all 5 OT games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes good, sometimes bad = mediocrity
    I have zero faith that this team can put together a significant stretch of impressive games, much less win a playoff series.
    Could this be the first year in a long, long while that Spursfans hope the team does not make the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    their record could also be better if the head coach wouldn't sabotage the team. They lost about 10 games because of him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what do you think the Spurs record would be without DeMar this season? Also We’re not about to compare Melo to DDR I’m talking about this last stretch the stretch that you brought up. I’m not talking about his whole career. This last stretch he has been great 28/5.7/6/1.2 steals while shooting 63% what else do you want him to do? Pass it to Forbes more often? He deserves a lot of the credit for beating the Bucks, Celtics, and Raptors. I’m not a fan of DeMar but this 6-7 record does not fall on him at all.
    Why aren't you a fan of his?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had serious Deja Vu with Mills "covering" Trae Young down the stretch. Dumb idea the first time we lost to the g'damn Hawks! Pop has lost his mind.

Thread Information