My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...rco-belinelli/

The Gist: Spurs need to address their three worst rotation players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more importantly the Spurs need to replace the senile head coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more importantly the Spurs need to replace the senile head coach
    Didn't get a chance to watch the Atlanta game but Pops coaching has been a problem. Alluded to it in the article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would add Mills, Gay and Carroll to that list. Lyles, Forbes, Marco, Mills, Gay and Carroll all need to go away.

when you have 6 roster spots being taking up by that kind of talent, you’re team is screwed. We are throwing away $48M/yr on these guys. Gross.
    Last edited by Prime BEEF; 01-18-2020 at 08:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how much better the spurs could be if they used that $48M on 3 quality players. A SG, a SF and a PF. You could get T. Ross, Covington and Montrezl Harrell for about ~$15M each.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how much better the spurs could be if they used that $48M on 3 quality players. A SG, a SF and a PF. You could get T. Ross, Covington and Montrezl Harrell for about ~$15M each.
    With what we have seen this year, none of those guys would be getting minutes over forbes, marco, and mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel bad for your optimism, OP. I really do and you're still thinking rationally.

But there's almost a 100% chance Forbes is re-signed to a big contract mandated by Pop and continues to be a starter for this team for several years to come. The only thing that would change that would be if Pop were to sever all ties with the organization or, unfortunately, suffered some type of health scare that prevented him from being lucid enough to give the order. We could also hope for a career ending injury for Bryn but he's been the healthiest player in the NBA since he started getting real minutes.

It's absolutely sad and disgusting that Pop regards Bryn with the same fondness as he did Manu. It's even more sad that the weak ownership and front office of the organization is too scared to take the keys away from a sad, senile old man.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every team in the league would like to address (and upgrade) their three worst rotation players. The big problem is that Lyles and Forbes aren't just in the rotation, they're starters.

"Opting not to re-sign Forbes and Belinelli could benefit Walker, White and possibly even Keldon Johnson." Opting to discard them now would benefit Walker, White, and Johnson and give them a huge head start on next season.

The thing that got the Spurs into this condition is exactly the thing that is keeping them in this condition: Greg Popovich. He's going to do everything he can to pay Forbes to stay. Beli leaving is automatic (I hope) which should suggest that he could be ballast in a trade before the deadline, because he's expiring. And I don't even mind Lyles, if he's not starting - he's a damn good rebounder, and he's shown that there is hope for his shooting. But none of that matters, because Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would add Gay and Carroll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every team in the league would like to address (and upgrade) their three worst rotation players. The big problem is that Lyles and Forbes aren't just in the rotation, they're starters.

"Opting not to re-sign Forbes and Belinelli could benefit Walker, White and possibly even Keldon Johnson." Opting to discard them now would benefit Walker, White, and Johnson and give them a huge head start on next season.

The thing that got the Spurs into this condition is exactly the thing that is keeping them in this condition: Greg Popovich. He's going to do everything he can to pay Forbes to stay. Beli leaving is automatic (I hope) which should suggest that he could be ballast in a trade before the deadline, because he's expiring. And I don't even mind Lyles, if he's not starting - he's a damn good rebounder, and he's shown that there is hope for his shooting. But none of that matters, because Pop.
    Didn't watch the Atlanta game, but it sounds like Pop was a tire fire again tbh.

I alluded to the fact that Pop overplays the three replaceables. Forbes shouldn't start, Beli shouldn't play and Lyles also shouldn't start. Lyles doesn't do much for me. He can rebound but if he can't do the thing that he was signed to do then that's kinda a problem. He's hitting less than a 1/3 of his 3's and his true-shooting percentage is terrible. If his shooting improves then he's fine but he's a 10th man otherwise imo.

He could get moved in a potential trade but Beli could be waived if not moved by the deadline to make more time Walker, similar to Gasol and Poeltl last season. One would hope at least.

Thread Information