Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought releasing him was stupid and also very Un Spurs like after the wreck I wondered if that was the reason for his release. Either way feel for him and his family drugs have killed so many of my friends throughout the years.
    I recall this move was very cold. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly but it was to sign Kevin Martin in his place. Can't say it didn't have some sort of karmic affect on a 67 win team's ouster in the 2nd round a month after Butler was cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree at some point. I think it's more important to him to develop the next generation, Murray, White and particularly Lonnie. Lonnie I think has Kawhi-esque potential, athletic freak but very raw. Pop is making him earn his minutes behind Marco. Lonnie said this in the interview, that Pop sees a lot of potential in him but Pop wants him to work on his defense particularly. Pop is not subject to what a regular coach would be. He's not threatened to lose his job, so he could get away with it. Normally he would already be fired. He sees the more grandeur long term things. I hate it as a fan and I know Spurs could've have won several of those games, particularly Hawks. But that's fools gold. He is making an impression on Lonnie to make that commitment, like Kawhi did, to earn those minutes and eclipse Marco and Forbes. It's frustrating to us fans, but I think Lonnie gets it, likewise all the young players. I think Carrol doesn't get it, so that's why he's at the bench in street clothes.
    With Kawhis departure still somewhat fresh, its only natural to be worried that Pop will alienate Walker. Last thing we need to have happen is to push away another player who has potential to be a star.
    Lonnie has said the right things and done all the right things.
    As far as earning his minutes he has had his breakout moments already. He has been patient and has gotten better as the season has progressed. Exactly what you want to see from your young player.
    Like many have said, Walker needs more playing time. Period. I want to see more 30mpg from him.

If its any injury thing that is causing his minutes to be down thats one thing but he seems to be healthy and you got to let him loose at some point if you want to see if he can be your future. Especially when you're trying to decide what to do this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's progressing just fine.

I like the emphasis on defense.
    Like he said, make it a priority, offense will come.

Where's the rush, we ain't winning , might as well be patient with development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely it is some sort of personnel commitment to the less athletic players-maybe trying to ensure their financial success in the future.
    I've wondered if he was in on some vineyard investment in Europe with Pao Gasol.
    Such a pathetic extension and slap in the face to those who built or contributed small or large to maintain the Duncan Dynasty and Kwa up until ZaZa .

*Gasol did put in a solid half a season the year before. Was hitting treys, doing rebound work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/co...m_source=share

I fear to see what their opinion of Brent formes is

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Pop continues on starting Forbes due to old age or loss of assistant coaches strikes me as naive. The man's been doing this at a very high level for a very long time. He may be old, but there's no way he doesn't realize when his pets are blatant weak links. But because he likes them on a personal level and he has the power to do whatever he wants, they get special treatment while everyone else has to suffer for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Summer league didn't really influence me much about her suitability as a true NBA HC. I watched every game that summer league. I thought Kyle and Simmons were gonna be Spurs TNG that summer... Hey, maybe she IS a great coach!
    Gracias.
    I've been wanting to hear from someone who actually saw the games.

Thread Information