Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's getting old and ya has fallen for Bryn. .Not in the way. Bryn is his pet project who shares connections to RC. Pops Steph Curry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's threatened by freakishly athletic players with strong personalities. They don't abide by his "I'm the master" philosophy because they know his coaching can't make them any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm kind of sick of the side bars and microaggressions of this current version of Pop - he simply cannot contain himself anymore.

I'm fully aware of his political views - I have been for years now. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over again in various forms and fashions that are tiresome.
    on MLK: "more then anything, he's about justice, about trying to make everything fair for everyone...."

"we have a group in power that is very willing to ignore it (Race). It's not just with their words, their actions prove it. That's scary." Walks off without saying another word for dramatical effect.

Ohhh you're so edgy Pop.
    Hypocritical much? Talks about justice, fairness and racism yet plays his pets while burning other players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's threatened by freakishly athletic players with strong personalities. They don't abide by his "I'm the master" philosophy because they know his coaching can't make them any better.
    This is exactly why a non athletic scrub like Bonner can stay with the Spurs for 10 years. Pop doesn’t care if you can defend. He cares if you stand exactly where he tells you to stand, regardless of actual impact on the game.

I mean, this man subbed out Tim mutha effing Duncan on the most important play of the entire finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly why a non athletic scrub like Bonner can stay with the Spurs for 10 years. Pop doesn’t care if you can defend. He cares if you stand exactly where he tells you to stand, regardless of actual impact on the game.

I mean, this man subbed out Tim mutha effing Duncan on the most important play of the entire finals.
    I keep saying this too, he really seems to dislike athletic black players and is in love with unathletic white guys. Plumlee over Adebayo, Belinelli over Walker are just 2 recent examples.

on MLK: "more then anything, he's about justice, about trying to make everything fair for everyone...."

"we have a group in power that is very willing to ignore it (Race). It's not just with their words, their actions prove it. That's scary." Walks off without saying another word for dramatical effect.

Ohhh you're so edgy Pop.
    Hypocritical much? Talks about justice, fairness and racism yet plays his pets while burning other players.
    There was some report out that in 2017 nephew, Dedmon and Simmons couldn't stand Pop talking about black history. Like why is an old white guy trying constantly to tell black people about their history? They just wanted to play ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

During the 15-16 season the Spurs signed Kevin Martin late and had to cut someone to make room for him. It was between Bonner and Rasual Butler and Butler got cut even though he was the better player and better defender. We lost in the playoffs to the Thunder and we could have used Butler as a defender against OKC when they played small ball but Pop couldn't dare cut his son.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop is a ing troll it’s sad to see How far this Once great man has fallen. Getting old sucks more for some people and that would be Pop “Grumpy Old Men”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the 15-16 season the Spurs signed Kevin Martin late and had to cut someone to make room for him. It was between Bonner and Rasual Butler and Butler got cut even though he was the better player and better defender. We lost in the playoffs to the Thunder and we could have used Butler as a defender against OKC when they played small ball but Pop couldn't dare cut his son.
    Worse, Pop cut Butler so late that he couldn't sign with another team for the playoffs. Memorable moment on the road to my questioning Pop's judgment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HELP US BECKY HAMMON YOUR OUR ONLY HOPE
    Watching some of your vids has increased my respect for Becky. I haven't really had an opinion about the possibility of her succeeding Pop as HC. But I wouldn't object to Becky at all. Be very interesting to see who she would hire as assistants...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep saying this too, he really seems to dislike athletic black players and is in love with unathletic white guys. Plumlee over Adebayo, Belinelli over Walker are just 2 recent examples.

There was some report out that in 2017 nephew, Dedmon and Simmons couldn't stand Pop talking about black history. Like why is an old white guy trying constantly to tell black people about their history? They just wanted to play ball.

There was an ancient Greek prophecy about Duncan shouldering the weight of Pop's ego. They even made a statue of it. They got the dreds right, but Tim won't grow the beard for a few more years:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is hard to tell which are legit concerns about Pop’s coaching when so much of it seems to be butt-hurt MAGAs that are pissed that Pop calls out their Savior for being the ignorant asshole coward he is.
    Pop has always been a character guy. He would just naturally detest Trump.
    I’ll hold off until the Rodeo trip to see how Pop is working the team. He always seems to be playing a chess game when people are yelling for simplicity. SPAM

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever since Trump became president he has never been the same.
    Same with Kerr.

Its all so simple. We got some genius stuff going on.

Christ amightee...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching some of your vids has increased my respect for Becky. I haven't really had an opinion about the possibility of her succeeding Pop as HC. But I wouldn't object to Becky at all. Be very interesting to see who she would hire as assistants...
    Dont forget she also won summer league one year. Yes it is only summer league but she can get a team to win. I also dont think we were favored to win that year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever since Trump became president he has never been the same.
    Same with Kerr.

Its all so simple. We got some genius stuff going on.

Christ amightee...
    I think once Pop took on the mantra of Jerk to the media is when he went down. I was never a big fan of his but you could tell when it was more natural and when he had to live up to being that jerk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is hard to tell which are legit concerns about Pop’s coaching when so much of it seems to be butt-hurt MAGAs that are pissed that Pop calls out their Savior for being the ignorant asshole coward he is.
    Pop has always been a character guy. He would just naturally detest Trump.
    I’ll hold off until the Rodeo trip to see how Pop is working the team. He always seems to be playing a chess game when people are yelling for simplicity. SPAM
    No it’s because he’s a hypocrite. I don’t care about Trump either, but Pop is exactly the same as him. Criticize him and his ty coaching job and he gets so offended yet he runs his mouth about everyone else. Pop is paid to coach, not offer his opinion that most people don’t give a to listen to. He has little power to change the world so he needs to stfu and figure out why he loves playing his pets so many minutes.
    Also the chess while playing checkers philosophy lol. Such a sniffer take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We no longer have OT Pop. We have prequel Pop. Too many yes men around him.
    Love the Star Wars reference!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it’s because he’s a hypocrite. I don’t care about Trump either, but Pop is exactly the same as him. Criticize him and his ty coaching job and he gets so offended yet he runs his mouth about everyone else. Pop is paid to coach, not offer his opinion that most people don’t give a to listen to. He has little power to change the world so he needs to stfu and figure out why he loves playing his pets so many minutes.
    Also the chess while playing checkers philosophy lol. Such a sniffer take.
    If you hate his political opinions you could......................

........just ignore them. Why worry about someone else's political opinion if it matters to you so little? Clearly, it bothers you otherwise you wouldn't claim he should keep it to himself (when he is a public figure and people ask for his opinion).

Anyway, his issue is he's coaching his youngest team ever, but instead of giving the young, talented guys a long "leash" to improve on the court he's treating the team like a le contender. Letting his stubbornness, hubris and past success dictate that he coach this team like it still has Duncan, Parker & Ginobili to lean on.

Having fringe players like Forbes & Belinelli in the rotation could have possibly worked wiith the Big 3 around (and Nephew), yet not with this team with so many limitations on the roster.

It'll likely be too late for it to matter in the playoff chase this season, but the team needs to continue to be infuse with youth and talent, anyway.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 01-19-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a man just like Pop is now: it's my angry white uncle who would drink Miller Lite and rage binge the O'Reilly Factor during the Obama years.

Buckle in folks cuz that is exactly what Pop is now, except his poisons of choice are wine and Rachel Maddow, and just like my uncle suffered 8 years of Obama Derangement Syndrome, it's likely that Pop is in for four more years of TDS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont forget she also won summer league one year. Yes it is only summer league but she can get a team to win. I also dont think we were favored to win that year.
    Meh. Summer league didn't really influence me much about her suitability as a true NBA HC. I watched every game that summer league. I thought Kyle and Simmons were gonna be Spurs TNG that summer... Hey, maybe she IS a great coach!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm kind of sick of the side bars and microaggressions of this current version of Pop - he simply cannot contain himself anymore.

I'm fully aware of his political views - I have been for years now. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over again in various forms and fashions that are tiresome.
    He just likes to virtue signal. You can't tell me he really gives a sh**.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Rasul butler would have been alive had pop not cut him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Rasul butler would have been alive had pop not cut him
    I am sure he would be alive if he wasn't drunk behind the wheel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought releasing him was stupid and also very Un Spurs like after the wreck I wondered if that was the reason for his release. Either way feel for him and his family drugs have killed so many of my friends throughout the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think, at this point, results are less important to him than the process. Bryn knows where to be on the court for the plays, therefore, he gets to play while guys who might make mistakes or not have the system down completely are benched.

This approach might make sense when you've got a roster full of stars competing for a championship (ie, to get from good to great), but it makes absolutely no sense for the roster as currently constructed. Unfortunately, you can't teach a stubborn old dog new tricks
    Agree at some point. I think it's more important to him to develop the next generation, Murray, White and particularly Lonnie. Lonnie I think has Kawhi-esque potential, athletic freak but very raw. Pop is making him earn his minutes behind Marco. Lonnie said this in the interview, that Pop sees a lot of potential in him but Pop wants him to work on his defense particularly. Pop is not subject to what a regular coach would be. He's not threatened to lose his job, so he could get away with it. Normally he would already be fired. He sees the more grandeur long term things. I hate it as a fan and I know Spurs could've have won several of those games, particularly Hawks. But that's fools gold. He is making an impression on Lonnie to make that commitment, like Kawhi did, to earn those minutes and eclipse Marco and Forbes. It's frustrating to us fans, but I think Lonnie gets it, likewise all the young players. I think Carrol doesn't get it, so that's why he's at the bench in street clothes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone always mentions Butler, but cutting Ray mcallum was pretty heartless. Ray could be Forbes right now,

Thread Information