Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His coaching decisions have been baffling, particularly the relentless overplaying of clearly inferior players (Bryn Forbes). But the man must have his reasons, and whatever those reasons are, they seem to transcend basketball. Let's hear some theories.

I personally think it's simply a case of a stubborn old dog with too much power. Winning basketball has taken a backseat to Pop's own ego and his compulsive favoritism, changing the SA Spurs into The Cult of Popovich.

And while less likely, I haven't ruled out the possibility that Gregg has taken Bryn as a lover, and his being a starter is part of that arrangement. I just don't know... I really don't. I mean no disrespect, but what the is going on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And while less likely, I haven't ruled out the possibility that Gregg has taken Bryn as a lover, and his being a starter is part of that arrangement. I just don't know... I really don't. I mean no disrespect, but what the is going on?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think, at this point, results are less important to him than the process. Bryn knows where to be on the court for the plays, therefore, he gets to play while guys who might make mistakes or not have the system down completely are benched.

This approach might make sense when you've got a roster full of stars competing for a championship (ie, to get from good to great), but it makes absolutely no sense for the roster as currently constructed. Unfortunately, you can't teach a stubborn old dog new tricks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he has always been this way.

at the Players said Hill hadn't "lost the team" but Poop with his media sycophants (SEAN ELLIOT) have altered that reality to the point that anybody on this forum will argue to "forum death" that he ad.

It's ALWAYS had to be His way since he became the GM of the team.
    Thanks for the text. I really appreciate your digging it up and sharing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Old age.

2. Departure of key assistants (Messina and Udoka).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Ego, thinking it's all an issue of the players not executing his genius plans. His stubbornness is also part of his ego. Trying to prove to people he's smarter than everybody else and analytics are a hoax, 3s are not fun, etc.

2. Preferring character over basketball skills. He's a nice guy I'ma start him. He has more skills but doesn't listen Ima put him in the dog house. All this bigger than basketball mentality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We no longer have OT Pop. We have prequel Pop. Too many yes men around him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna venture his political beliefs have gotten the better of him and he's ing with the Holt's.His political shenanigans have only gotten outta hand since the Holt's piled millions into Trump's last presidential campaign.
    Old folks are some stubborn bas s.
    Putting Timmy on the bench was Pops security blanket.
    How the are the Holt's gonna fire Pop with the face of the franchise sitting at his right hand??? Pop will continue to withe the Holt's and do his schtick until he walks away in a year or two.Here is hoping he's gone sooner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's winning has him really ed up. Wonder how many wine bottles he broke when the Soleimani strike was reported.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those last two posts are stupid even by ST standards

grats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He surely sees the big picture.

I think he is just transitioning the team into the hands of the new coach via staying compe ive ( let's call it that ) as an experience boost for the youngsters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has to know what it would take to put his team in the best position to win. But he is not doing that.
    He has some reason for playing lessor talent.
    Some the speculation here might be the reason.

The gay lover thing is an interesting take. TDS also.
    Most likely it is some sort of personnel commitment to the less athletic players-maybe trying to ensure their financial success in the future.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone said we had to take more threes so I guess I have to play Forbes, Beli & Mills 48/48 minutes. It's not working?! I thought we had to take more threes?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He owes money to some body in Vegas and has been throwing games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wants Forbes to be his starting point guard in the olympics.. so if he didn’t start and play him he wouldn’t be able to make that happen

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregg never gonna have another star to ride coattails to a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor has it someone's been bribing Pop with very expensive Italian wine in exchange for continuing to play their nation's washed-up champion.
    As for Forbes, I think Pop is still trying to hold on to his dream that he's discovered and groomed the next steph curry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

grats
    rightwingnutjob Trump-fellating cult mob assholes are ing stupid by definition, fundamental characteristic of that mob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rightwingnutjob Trump-fellating cult mob assholes are ing stupid by definition, fundamental characteristic of that mob
    When we toss insults at a group of people it generally says more about the person tossing the insult than it does the group being insulted. Just saying.........

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

grats
    Oh that's right,you got nuthin' to say per par tbh etc.
    You don't see any connection between Pop's anti Trump views and the Holt's massive donations to Trump??? It wouldn't exactly be a stretch ya lameo ST Sherlock.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao,I wouldn't vote for a clown like Trump but I sure as shooting wouldn't vote for whatever the Dems put forth either
    Last Democrat I could get behind died in a plane crash awhile back.Good old Paul Wellstone

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh that's right,you got nuthin' to say per par tbh etc.
    You don't see any connection between Pop's anti Trump views and the Holt's massive donations to Trump??? It wouldn't exactly be a stretch ya lameo ST Sherlock.
    nope

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao,I wouldn't vote for a clown like Trump but I sure as shooting wouldn't vote for whatever the Dems put forth either
    Last Democrat I could get behind died in a plane crash awhile back.Good old Paul Wellstone
    You goin way back, .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's always funny to me that Pop makes all these political statements, but runs the Spurs like a dictator. Nobody is allowed to criticize him, not even reporters otherwise they will get fired. He's the Kim Yong-Un of San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm kind of sick of the side bars and microaggressions of this current version of Pop - he simply cannot contain himself anymore.

I'm fully aware of his political views - I have been for years now. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over again in various forms and fashions that are tiresome.

Thread Information