My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What is the general sentiment toward Patty Mills among Spurs fans? Is he well-liked by most or is he someone you'd love to get rid of?

Asking as someone who watches very few Spurs games throughout the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally earnng his paycheck atleast

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the straw that stirs the specialty coffee drink tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was resigned for way too much money and that 50 million, 4 year extension was a bad move. The last 2 seasons he's been overpaid garbage. This season he's one of the best players on this team and is worth the salary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's overpaid for his production - that contract was an error, IMO. That sometimes happens with vets though, and he's a culture piece with value. Not the first guy I want off the team (Bryn), nor the second (Beli). Would only trade him for a decent return - not a dump. Should have been traded in place of Danny Green.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the general sentiment toward Patty Mills among Spurs fans? Is he well-liked by most or is he someone you'd love to get rid of?

Asking as someone who watches very few Spurs games throughout the year.
    Sounds like you have a trade in mind?? Whatcha thinking?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally earnng his paycheck atleast
    he was resigned for way too much money and that 50 million, 4 year extension was a bad move. The last 2 seasons he's been overpaid garbage. This season he's one of the best players on this team and is worth the salary.

Pretty much this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is playing good have no problems keeping him but we don’t need two midgets Forbes needs to go no way should we keep him with Mills on the team.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Sounds like you have a trade in mind?? Whatcha thinking?
    I like idea of the Suns trading for a backup guard who can score, but I’m not sure what the Spurs are looking for. Sounds like Patty isn’t on the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's mediocre on a ty team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him but he obviously has a lot of holes in his game. It doesn't help that he blocks minutes that could go to White or Murray.

Under different cir stances we could better enjoy what he brings to the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like idea of the Suns trading for a backup guard who can score, but I’m not sure what the Spurs are looking for. Sounds like Patty isn’t on the market.

Mills for Kelly Oubre and Saric. The salaries match. I think we can get this thing done right here, if you're ready.

If you're anxious about getting rid of Saric, we can still make Mikal Bridges salary work. Just have your people get in touch with my people.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Mills for Kelly Oubre and Saric. The salaries match. I think we can get this thing done right here, if you're ready.

If you're anxious about getting rid of Saric, we can still make Mikal Bridges salary work. Just have your people get in touch with my people.
    You want Booker too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want Booker too?
    Not what you had in mind?

Seriously, I don't know what you guys could package to offset his salary that you could live with. But if you do decide that you're anxious to trade Booker, I think Mills and Gay would balance the salaries just about perfectly. I'm always just a phone call away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop trade Patty?! You don't know much about the Spurs.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first, we loved him. Got that fat contract and he became the scapegoat. Now we like him again. He’s probably having his best season as a Spur. He’s closest to his current contractual value than he’s ever been, for what it’s worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his big contract was some sort of wink wink deal he had with the Spurs. He resigned with the Spurs for cheap in 2014 after he had a very good regular season and helped the Spurs ring that year. He could have gotten bigger money and a starting spot but chose to remain a backup in San Antonio for cheap.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want Booker too?
    So what’s your trade idea?

btw I wouldn’t be surprised if both Saric and Oubre aren’t on the Suns next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is more than a player. He is a veteran. he had the opportunity to play with San Antonio´s legends, he can teach the younger players through stories and keep them together. He is an example to this team. A player that could have a bigger role on a bad team that prefered to be the hype man at end of the bench type of player. Now he is playing and heping this team win some games.
    Patty has cultural capital, so should never be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is more than a player. He is a veteran. he had the opportunity to play with San Antonio´s legends, he can teach the younger players through stories and keep them together. He is an example to this team. A player that could have a bigger role on a bad team that prefered to be the hype man at end of the bench type of player. Now he is playing and heping this team win some games.
    Patty has cultural capital, so should never be traded.
    this.
    well written

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his big contract was some sort of wink wink deal he had with the Spurs. He resigned with the Spurs for cheap in 2014 after he had a very good regular season and helped the Spurs ring that year. He could have gotten bigger money and a starting spot but chose to remain a backup in San Antonio for cheap.
    yes but still overpaid and the Spurs were actually trying to get George Hill back in 2017 but he demanded too much money so they resigned Patty

Thread Information